PDA

View Full Version : JT x-wind fan fit on V-Force Shield Gogs?

Infratracide
06-22-2003, 10:34 PM
Ive got a vforce shield and its nice and all but i also usually wear glasses. Would a fan like the jt xwind do me anygood? would it fit on a v-force shield? How does it attach? if it doesnt fit is there something else on the market designed for vforce shields? It looks like it has plastic prongs that stick through the vents and then are held in place with o-rings? (like the visor) i really dont know though.

alf
06-22-2003, 10:49 PM
welcome to AO...

have you had any problems with your glasses or lens fogging?

you might just try some anti fog spray on your glasses...that may do the trick, and will be cheaper than the fan...

i have morph, and never had any fogging problems.

-alf

Star_Base_CGI
06-23-2003, 10:51 AM
According to the stuff on Paintball Gatway the Vortex fans fit on the N class googles. LIke the N Forcer and the NVadar So I made sure I got the JT NForcer Thermals with Spectra Thermal lenses.

The JT N Forcer goggles seem to be the most upgradable goggles around. Its imortant to me when I buy something, Thats its cheap and I can upgrade it alot.

The new Spectra nFORCER goggle system features the sleek, low-profile styling of the Elite nVADER combined with the superior range of vision of a Spectra goggle. The interchangeable vent covers interact with the mask to achieve maximum air flow and impact protection. The nFORCER accommodates the full range of Spectra accessories including the new Vortex fan, replacement straps and lenses. Comes in Black with clear vent covers. Replacement colored vent covers are available.

TheTramp
06-23-2003, 11:27 AM
The JT fan does not fit on the V-Force without modifications to the V-Force.

If you spend a little time messing around with it you should be able to get it to work but you might need to cut the top vents of the mask a little. Any cutting of the mask could reduce it's efectivness so keep that in mind before cutting anything.

Infratracide
06-23-2003, 11:39 AM
cool, thanks guys

Well i wear glasses and i do use antifog spray. Usually i play in the summer and now its VERY humid. Usually my first couple of games are fog free. Then it wears off and i cant reaply it because in the humidity it wont dry.
Usually my game is ruined :mad:

Anyway i might try that modification, i do have two vforce shields to mess with :D

JT2002
06-23-2003, 11:59 AM
your vforce goggels fog? in the time i have owned mine i have NEVER had the goggel fog up on me

astroboy
06-23-2003, 01:02 PM
I'm sure he meant his glasses fog up and not the lens on the VForce Shield/Morph, etc.