PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with my X-Valve?

xrancid_milkx
06-22-2003, 10:49 PM
I recently bought an X-Valve for my Minimag. After a while of frustrating moments, I went ahead and took my gun onto my local pro-shop and had them tune my lvl 10. When he gave it back he aired it up and we tested it out and it shot great. We put about a 1000 rounds (my paint) through it and it shot wonderfully.

I went home and wanted to shoot what paint I had left, so I aired up my gun with my tank this time and after 10 shots, it quit shooting. My tank is preset at 700 psi and we were using an adjustable at the shop. The tank was full too. Everytime I would take the tank off and screw it back in and it would shoot a couple of times and stop. I was having this problem when I was tuning my gun and thats why I took it in.

So my question is is my tank to low of an output? Do I need another one.

primetime
06-23-2003, 11:33 AM
Sounds like it to me. My X-mag does the same thing. Of course de-gas the marker and pull the valve out. Then take out the On/off clean it, oil it and put it back in.
Everything should work for about another 1000 shots. Then take it back down and oil it back up.
I ran into that at the last touny with my marker, but it started out with the emode not wanting to work but the mech. mode would. Then the mech. mode quit working. When i took it apart and cleaned the on/off it was fine.

I talked to Tom Kaye and they were looking at trying to fix the problem.

athomas
06-23-2003, 03:22 PM
The 700 psi tank should work. If the tank output is really less than 700psi, you could have problems though. I would move to the next larger carrier. If it leaks, then you will have to go back to the smaller one and just use lots of oil until the o-ring gets broken in.

With the 700 psi tank, you may be stuck using the shortest spring.

Halliday
06-23-2003, 11:21 PM
You need a higher output tank. The Lvl 10 needs more pressure than 700psi. 800 is minimum.

TheTramp
06-25-2003, 10:15 AM
It should work fine with 700psi input but your reactivity will be low.

I think what you might need is more oil. The L10 LOVES oil. You almost want it sloppy with oil at first. Put around 5-10 drops into your ASA, gas up (without the barrel of course) and when oil stops coming out when you fire you should be good for the day. I've found that I need to repeat this each day I play for best performance.

Furia Azul
06-26-2003, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by primetime
Sounds like it to me. My X-mag does the same thing. Of course de-gas the marker and pull the valve out. Then take out the On/off clean it, oil it and put it back in.
Everything should work for about another 1000 shots. Then take it back down and oil it back up.
I ran into that at the last touny with my marker, but it started out with the emode not wanting to work but the mech. mode would. Then the mech. mode quit working. When i took it apart and cleaned the on/off it was fine.

I talked to Tom Kaye and they were looking at trying to fix the problem.

Hi,

I have the same problem, mine also stops working in Electro and Mech Mode. But my tank as more than 700psi. I even tried with 1000psi because I was afraid that it was a problem with the Air System but it's not because it stopped working also.
Are you saying that I have do that within every 1000 shots?? That's not normal... :(

Please help... :)
Cheers

primetime
06-26-2003, 09:42 AM
Yes, at least thats what I have to do. Its not really a big deal for me to do this. I look at it as maintance. Its really and easy too.

But I have one question for anybody that can help. I have heard somewhere that you should use air tool oil on the mags? is this true?

Thanks

Furia Azul
06-26-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by primetime
Yes, at least thats what I have to do. Its not really a big deal for me to do this. I look at it as maintance. Its really and easy too.

The problem it's not the trouble of doing but the doing itself. I mean, I shoot at least 1000shots per game...I donīt want to do that every single game...Donīt have the time...It has to be a way.
Also because, I know at least 4 X-Mags and they donīt have that kind of problem. Why? Good question...
Can Mr Kaye or Mr Sosta help us out? Pleaseeeee...

Cheers

athomas
06-26-2003, 11:54 AM
Use a good light oil that will not eat the o-rings. Many air tool oils meet this criteria. That's why many of us use them. They are inexpensive and acailable at any local hardware/automotive store. I personally use Snap-on air tool oil. I haven't had any problems.

primetime
06-26-2003, 12:11 PM
Thanks I will find the snap-on guy today and pick up some oil.

I will keep you informed if that keeps my problem from happing again.

thanks again