PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Sticking?

Infratracide
06-23-2003, 12:10 AM
Hey everybody,
I played a pretty intense game today and all in all i was not happy with the way my mag was working. I have a stock level 7 AIR valve on a minimag. The reg seat, and on/off assembly have both been replaced since i got this marker used.

About every other shot the gun would leak down the barrel and only stop when i shot it again. (as if i were short stroking it) Sometimes this happend up to 10 times in a row, creating a huge splooge so i could stop the leak. Is this a bolt stick or what?

Is it the on/off valve? (i just replaced it)Or maybe because i replaced it i need a sized spacer?
Help me im dumb :confused:

xen_100
06-23-2003, 12:07 PM
when it leaks down the barrel, do you have to poke it with a squeegie to get it to reset?

does the leak stop if you pull and hold the trigger? if it does, the on/off is not the problem.

to me it sounds like the powertube o-ring might be bad, but it could also be that you are jsut shortstroking it. does it make a quick sounding double shot just before it starts to leak and make a mess?

XVFrontplayer
06-23-2003, 12:51 PM
If it is not the o-ring perviously mentioned then it might be that your spacer is not the right size. ie- if you have a spacer that has .30 or .35 printed on it(one of those is a corect size i think) then change it to the .25 or .220 spacer. Of course you would need to have a spacer set to do this:p Also changing bolts will screw this up.(match your spacers with the bolt you are using).

Infratracide
06-23-2003, 06:41 PM
I dont think it is the on/off. I took great care in replacing it, and you are right, when i press and hold the trigger the leaking stops. Ill check the power tube o-rings. Now that i think of it they are the only part that i havent replaced since i got this used.

Infratracide
06-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Thanks guys!
You were right about the o-rings. I popped 2 new ones in (the old ones looked real stretched and dirty) and now no more short stroking, no more breaks and no more more leaking! I shot about 75 rounds and surprisingly my trigger is a bit crisper i think! The spacer is an unmarked silver one, but i figure if somone used it for several years before me i think they would get one that works :p Thanks alot