PDA

View Full Version : need help...

mag wannabe
09-02-2001, 03:29 PM
so, I got my mag the other day, really excited. I went ahead today and took the gun apart some... thought I knew what I was doing. anyways, I noticed about an hour ago that the screw by the trigger was not in all the way, but for whatever reason I could not get it to thread into the frame probperly. so I too the whole damn thing apart and noticed that the screw was stripped a bit at the end... Now the idea of getting a new screw is anoying, but not overly daunting. however. I dunno if I stripped the body or not...(please tell me i didn't, please!) anyways I was wondering if the field strip screw (the thumb screw in the back) has the same threads as the front screw. It does not thread, so if they are the same threads (the 2 screws) then I have stripped the body (please say it aint so)... any help is good. thanks
-perry

PyRo
09-02-2001, 03:52 PM
They are both 10-32 threads. Atleast i hope they are because my feild strip screw goes into the mainbody. It should thread in, if it doesn't your probably messed up threads on the mainbody. Have you tried putting the the feild strip screw in with the mainbody off the gun?
This isn't the end of the world. If you messed up the threads on the mainbody, then you need them retapped, you can take it to a machine shop and have it done, send it it to AGD and have them do it, or do it yourself if you have the right sized tap, and know what you are doing.

OldSchoolMag
09-02-2001, 03:52 PM
I've had the problem where my front screw does not go in all the way, and I just tighten the back one, which was also loose, and it went right in. Can't help with the stripping, though:(

------------------
68 Classic w/Powerfeed
Smart Parts Magic Box Installed on A.I.R.
Green Small Bore All American 12"
KAPP Air Through Grip & Drop Foward
67ci 3000psi Chubby Nitro
9volt VL
AGD user for life

mag wannabe
09-02-2001, 06:22 PM
well it was a sucess. I bought a tap for 10-32, like you suggested pyro (thanks) and it fixed the treads. The whole is a bit larger, but I think it shoudl hold pretty well. thanks.
-perry