PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about e-mag chrono procedure...

krasher
08-28-2001, 11:04 PM
Ok, I know with RTs (or at least older RTs?) you have to chrono a certain number of fps lower (must rapid fire because they have shoot UP). Do you have to do the same thing with e-mags, or have they fixed this problem? If you do, do you only have to do that when firing in manual RT mode, manual and hybrid, or all three modes?
And, how much on average do you find you would have to chrono under the limit in hybrid mode...
Also, say you input about 600 psi going into the gun, will there still be enough bounce on the trigger in HYBRID mode to affect ROF noticeably, or will it be pretty much nothing?

krasher
08-28-2001, 11:05 PM
Sorry if all these questions have been answered, I'd just like to make sure that I don't have to shoot say 20 fps slower if the chrono speed is 260 fps...because at 240 zap doesn't break all that well http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

Eisaak
08-29-2001, 12:24 AM
I have an E-Mag and here is what I know:
1. the gun won't work worth a darn if you are over 270 fps. It breaks balls. I run mine at 260. no matter how fast I fire it jumps between 254 and 266. ( the factory says 260 to shoot)
2. The gun has a valve on it that drops the presure down to 400psi. I read somewhere that the tank should stay at 800 psi for it to work right..... but I can't prove or disprove that. the valve and the on/off valve control the psi in the gun so I don't think there should be any difference in which mode you shoot. I have not noticed any in my gun.
3. I have noticed my E-mag has no problems pushing the ball out at any speed. I use two kinds of paint..... 32 Degree and PMI and I break balls at any range at 260 fps.
NOTE: the E-Mag has to have No2 to fire, I don't know if you use Co2 on your RT or not but Co2 gets silly in rapid fire mode.

------------------
"I am the adversary."
-Eisaak (me)-

[This message has been edited by Eisaak (edited 08-29-2001).]

FeelTheRT
08-29-2001, 09:13 AM
Since the E-Mag also has an RT valve in it, you'd have to do the RT chronoing proceedures.

1.) put gun in manual mode
2.) right after you gas up, take about 3 shots and hold the last one
3.) go over to the chronograph and fire and hold the trigger
4.) repeat step 3 until a ref or whoever is watching you chrono says your ok.

krasher
08-29-2001, 09:46 AM
Ok, what I'm trying to find out is exactly how much shoot up the gun has. I don't want to have to chrono 20 fps lower, because alot of the fields I play at chrono at 250-260 fps.

Eisaak
08-29-2001, 01:05 PM
5 to 10 fps either way using Nitro.
That is the best answer your going to get.
Mine jumps about 5 either way. I have seen tests that say 10 fps but I don't think that is realistic on an E-Mag because of their design. If it jumps that much I would look at a problem with an o-ring. That is me though.

------------------
"I am the adversary."
-Eisaak (me)-

krasher
08-29-2001, 01:43 PM
Thanks a bunch. Just wanted some first hand experience on this, thanks.

RobAGD
08-29-2001, 05:34 PM
You need to check something ese in your gun dude. I shoot some of the most brittle paint I can get ( Ultra Evil, HellFire Imperial, Inferno etc ) and I can shoot 300fps all day long without a ball break.

In fact shot 4 cases of paint at AC this past weekend and I had 1 chop due to a broken Revy and one ball break right at the ned of my barrel.

As for Chronoing the gun. Keep the Power off, switch to Manual and chrono it just like an RT.

I get almost no shoot up, I run about 850-1000 psi into my gun, I oil it every day I play and have no problems chronoing.

-Robert

Eisaak
08-29-2001, 05:46 PM
RobAGD:
we are not saying "ball break" as in bad gun...... we are saying the balls bounce off of what we hit.

------------------
"I am the adversary."
-Eisaak (me)-

BartManSr
08-31-2001, 07:36 AM
Eisaak, are you saying not to chrono you eMag over 270? Wouldn't that be a disadvantage for eMags when others markers are using 300 to chrono at?

vertices
09-02-2001, 07:35 PM
I chrono my E-mag/warp at 300 and sometimes shoot The worst paint there is...Great American. I have maybe 1 chop per 2 cases.