PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed - which colour ULE body?

Gadget
06-23-2003, 04:54 AM
I'm thinking about getting a ULE body for my E-Mag and can't decide what colour would look best. I think silver would look great, but from what I understand the only silver bodies are 'raw' un-anodised ones (would that make them really easy to scratch)?

I think the red might clash with the fade on battery/rail/grip and I can't see the blue/purple/pewter matching anything.

Which leaves me with black to match my x-valve....

So what does everyone reckon, which colour would you choose for a ULE body to fit this marker?

http://www.chimpy.com/pics/emagwarp1.jpg

JAM
06-23-2003, 08:24 AM
black. to match the XValve, and matching the red would be really tough. sweet gun though!

SG Avenger
06-23-2003, 08:52 AM
I'm thinking the same thing, the silver looks all right. but I think black would be the only other option.

The rest of the colors would clash.

Gadget
06-23-2003, 09:06 AM
Cheers guys, black it is :)

FalconGuy016
06-23-2003, 09:24 AM
They have warp ULE's now?
And since you are getting all ULE things, you might as well get a light barrel as well :)

Gadget
06-23-2003, 09:36 AM
I'm just going for a standard vert ULE - can't bear the thought of grinding down my rail and bodging my pretty ano :)

Will keep the H/L body for when I run my warp on it.

You're right about the barrel though.....I'm thinking DYE Ultralite?

Cryer
06-23-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Gadget
You're right about the barrel though.....I'm thinking DYE Ultralite?

Ultralight would look great. I'd get a multi-bore kit, tho. Like the Scepter or a solid black Pipe...

LIGHTEMUP
06-23-2003, 10:15 AM
does the red ule body come close to matching the red on the gun?? j/w but id still get the black one

cphilip
06-23-2003, 10:24 AM
So far I have not seen the red match very well.

Black would work. Raw would work.

Black will scratch and show through as Silver raw.

Raw will scratch and be Silver Raw showing through.

I have a raw one I can let go.

I am using a Black one on my RTP that I scratched a little and had to touch up with a paint pen. :(

Cryer
06-23-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by LIGHTEMUP
does the red ule body come close to matching the red on the gun?? j/w but id still get the black one
The red's actually quite darker than that. It's almost more of a maroon... For reference and comparison purposes (and because I think me mag is sexy and I like showing it off) I submit this picture of my Red ULE:
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=830270

Gadget
06-23-2003, 10:41 AM
My gun is more orangey than red, while the ULE seems to be more of a lipstick/candy red, don't think they'd match well. I do like the red though - looks great on your mag Cryer. You've got me hankering after the Pipe now <wallet bursts into flames> ;)

Phil - thanks for the comments, I'd be interested to know what the finish is like on the raw ones. Is it a nice smooth/shiny finish?

cphilip
06-23-2003, 10:54 AM
... I'd be interested to know what the finish is like on the raw ones. Is it a nice smooth/shiny finish?

Yea it shiney, I can snap a pict of it later. Its pretty shiney but you could make it even more so...

Gadget
06-23-2003, 11:07 AM
A pic would be great if you could, thanks.

cphilip
06-23-2003, 12:22 PM
Raw out of the box. Only thing is you have to insert the trim ring and the Detante is black and would have to be polished off if you wanted it raw too.

Gadget
06-23-2003, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the pic, really appreciate it. Think I'll go with the black body first....and make sure I get a black magic marker for repairs as well ;)

dropkick1
06-23-2003, 05:04 PM
interested in selling that tiny dye stainless? i've been looking for one that short for a while,,,,,,

ken

Cryer
06-23-2003, 07:22 PM
...Think I'll go with the black body...

Yeah, Black will look pimp, IMO. You'll need a black barrel (PIPE;)) and a black drop/asa, too. I cant wait to see that beast when you're done! Keep us updated w/ picshttp://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Halo2x
06-23-2003, 08:12 PM
i agree with cryer, black would look pimp.

IcantBelieveit
06-23-2003, 09:19 PM
pewter would also look nice...my my opinon would be get the raw, and good luck finding someone with the pipe IN STOCK

Aliens-8-MyDad
06-23-2003, 11:10 PM
i think a black ultralight would be better + cheaper than the pipe