PDA

View Full Version : on/off problems

Abrams
06-23-2003, 10:27 AM
Ive got a minimag and ive been having some problems with the on/off assembly. Every time i put the air on i get about 5-10 shots at normal pressure and then i get little to no pressure in the gun. I took the valve off to check it and when i did the on/off assembly popped out of the valve and it doesnt stay seated any more.

if any one knows how to fix this let me know. Thanks

xen_100
06-23-2003, 12:03 PM
the on-off popped out because you still had gas in the valve, this happens sometimes. did you get all the o-rings back in the on/off correctly?

ussusaly bad shootdown is not the on/offs fault. that can be a dirty reg seat or piston o-ring problem that doesn't let the reg recharge fast enough. it can be a "trigger job" done to the gun as well. has anyone messed with the trigger rod?

athomas
06-23-2003, 03:13 PM
You didn't happen to put a new ASA on your gun? Many times the pin in the bottle gets pushed too far into the bottle and shuts the air off to the gun. If the ASA is the on/off style, try turning it on only half a turn past the point that the gun gasses up. If is a fixed ASA, then put a large o-ring in the ASA in front of the bottle to act as a spacer.