PDA

View Full Version : My bro's 92 Civic (pics of it)

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-23-2003, 11:43 AM
We aren't completly done with the interrior (making it all black and white)

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-23-2003, 11:44 AM

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-23-2003, 11:47 AM
ahh what happened to the other pics

jdev
06-23-2003, 11:49 AM
i like what you are doing with the interior on that. its gonna look pretty nice when you are done.

also, may want to smudge out the license plate on the dash there.. just a though.. incase anyone wants to be a prick of sorts..

MaChu
06-23-2003, 11:50 AM
Few suggestions...

Get rid of the brown steering wheel and yellow floormats:D*I know you aren't completed*

Also get some larger sideskirts so it fits the lip and rear so it flows better.

Also good luck, it better be clean or you are gonna get the rice partol on your butt and your picture too could be on famous sites such as anti-rice.com.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-23-2003, 12:04 PM
Yeah, lol the seats are brown right now too, we are just getting around to the flooring and seats.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-23-2003, 12:04 PM
more

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-23-2003, 12:05 PM

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-23-2003, 12:06 PM

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-23-2003, 12:07 PM
last one

joeyjoe367
06-23-2003, 01:06 PM
Whoa, wtf are those matrix-operator monitor thingies?!?!?! DVD?

ForgedSpeed
06-23-2003, 01:18 PM
Sorry...but I have got to say it...

rice.

b18 under there? h22? Turbo kit? Or just some [nitro]

:D :)

I don't like the rims - they are too big, and just don't look all that great.

Dual exaust holes? On a civic? Wtf?

However, congrats on doing what 100,000 other riceboys have done.

(not trying to directly target your brother, or put down his ride really. I am sure both of you worked really hard. I am just sick of seeing cars like this. It is very untasteful in my opinion.)

EDIT: Props for not putting on altezzas. Just for that I give it a :thumbup:

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-23-2003, 02:13 PM
actually its all looks, all he really has is intake and exhaust as far as engine upgrades. I'll get pics of his amp and bass and stuff later

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-23-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by joeyjoe367
Whoa, wtf are those matrix-operator monitor thingies?!?!?! DVD?

yeah, they are dvd screens, the big one replaced the dome light, and the other to are in the visors (incase you didnt notice)

ForgedSpeed
06-23-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by CoFFeY[NiTrO]
actually its all looks, all he really has is intake and exhaust as far as engine upgrades. I'll get pics of his amp and bass and stuff later

:tear:

Ryknow
06-23-2003, 03:03 PM
He needs a HKS stage 4 ball bearing turbo and a Zex wet mount nitro system..

ForgedSpeed
06-23-2003, 03:15 PM
For sure, and I bet he wasnt "double-clutching" like he is supposed to...

:D :) ;)

MaChu
06-23-2003, 03:15 PM
Whoa just saw the back if your gonna go for the dual exaust rear you should at least make it that way. So its gonna be all looks no go huh? Your thing I guess. If he had the money, b18c5, turbo, nitrous and looks plus goodies.

gibby
06-23-2003, 03:40 PM
Here's a link my buddy sent me...pretty funny

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=776885

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-23-2003, 03:44 PM
***Right now it is all looks....

MaChu
06-23-2003, 03:56 PM
But remember take some advice from my boys at http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~attse/honduh.htm

LOL:D

irbodden
06-23-2003, 04:03 PM
How fast does that thing run a quarter? Mid 17's? Actually, good chance it's coming close to 18's. 92's ran mid 16's if I recall correctly, and all that junk is just making it slower

Zumina
06-23-2003, 04:37 PM
".........The San Francisco Treat!"

ForgedSpeed
06-23-2003, 04:44 PM
Seriously though, if he wouldnt have spend 500 on audio, 500 on body kit, 500 on wheels, and 500 on misc stuff - he would have a very quick sohc turbo civic. Most 2k turbo build ups give you high/mid 13s depending on driver.

Thats pretty quick in my book. And did I mention sleeper? :D

TransMan
06-23-2003, 05:30 PM
Maybe he doesnt care about driving fast or racing maybe he just wants his car to look and sound that way and doesnt care about Engine mods. Or maybe hes just doing all this first and is going to sink more in the engine later....

irbodden
06-23-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by TransMan
Maybe he doesnt care about driving fast or racing maybe he just wants his car to look and sound that way and doesnt care about Engine mods.

What's the point in making a car look cool? That car wasn't "cool" 12 years ago when it was new.

Different strokes for different folks, when I buy my car before school starts this year, I am not blowing cash on anything useless except possibly a tint.

TransMan
06-23-2003, 06:01 PM
Ok well maybe i shouldnt have said make it look cool but rather make it how he wants it. ;)

Personaly its not my thing either but its not my car my money or my taste that are the factors....

FalconGuy016
06-23-2003, 06:11 PM
Wow, thats a 92? Im not much on dates on civics, but I thought 92's looked a LOT older (like a boxy car)

FooTemps
06-23-2003, 06:48 PM
That looks okay... I think the front fiasca looks kinda stupid with those 2 ovals to the side... I say subtle kits are the way to go now. You know, just something that would seem like it'd actually fit on the car. Not some wide body, 40 holed 300 pound body kit. Those piss me off. He still made a pretty good choice, it isn't too crazy. The dual exaust throws me off though.

He better be throwing some engine mods on that thing. I hate people who don't...

irbodden
06-23-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
He better be throwing some engine mods on that thing. I hate people who don't...

I am sure he'll get a cold air intake

lol

bornl33t
06-23-2003, 07:08 PM
I'm sure for the amount of moeny your bro has it's a really nice car, sometimes ppl forget that not everyones mom and dad are rich.

I bet it would be a cool car for taking on road trips?

irbodden
06-23-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Heat
I'm sure for the amount of moeny your bro has it's a really nice car, sometimes ppl forget that not everyones mom and dad are rich.

:rolleyes:

It has nothing to do if his parents are rich or not. Some people think spending large quanities of money to make a car LOOK fast is pretty lame.

Cha0tic
06-23-2003, 07:22 PM
hes not doing it to make the car look fast. i think he wants to make a show car, and is doing pretty good in his first steps. some people assume way too much, not everyone is out to go 150mph+ and do quick 1/4 mile times.

the bodykit looks pretty nice, but i would try to shave off the side door protectors. you may also want to go with a dual exhaust. it will do nothing for performance, but will look better and fill that gap in your rear bumper. i like the start on the interior. post progress pics of the interior install.

MaChu
06-23-2003, 07:40 PM
Hey if your strapped for money on the seats always check out your local junk yard. A friend of mine pulled out a pair of very comfortable stock seats out of a rear hit Honda Del Sol for free!!!*Mostly because he knew the guys who ran the junkyard:D:D* But knowing some costs it would be cheaper. Just a tip....that or just get some seat covers thats even cheaper, but looks sorta ok.

And I agree, dual exhaust to fill in the hole in the rear. And if you look where the beginning end of the bumper meets the body to get that fixed there is a little gap there.

Yeah and keep us updated with the progress. Good luck.

LittlePaintballBoy
06-23-2003, 07:55 PM
that cartoon with all the little "boyz" was hilarious:p

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-23-2003, 08:35 PM
Yeah, hes planning on making it a show car.

And hes doing it with all his own cash too, so the job isn't going as fast as you would think...lol

Cha0tic
06-23-2003, 08:47 PM
yes, upon a second look, you may want to have a shop do some fiberglassing on the rear wheel wells to fill in the gap between the body and the rear bumper.

MicrOMag
06-23-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by MaChu
Few suggestions...

Get rid of the brown steering wheel and yellow floormats:D*I know you aren't completed*

Also get some larger sideskirts so it fits the lip and rear so it flows better.

Also good luck, it better be clean or you are gonna get the rice partol on your butt and your picture too could be on famous sites such as anti-rice.com.

bah, don't load the car down with excessive things. It looks fine as it is, i would keep cosmetic mods to a minimum and keep the car as light as possible. Civics aren't very fast stock even if they are DOHC VTEC and manuals. I would drop the money into engine mods, starting with either a swap or I/H/E.

MicrOMag
06-23-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by ForgedSpeed
Sorry...but I have got to say it...

rice.

b18 under there? h22? Turbo kit? Or just some [nitro]

:D :)

I don't like the rims - they are too big, and just don't look all that great.

Dual exaust holes? On a civic? Wtf?

However, congrats on doing what 100,000 other riceboys have done.

(not trying to directly target your brother, or put down his ride really. I am sure both of you worked really hard. I am just sick of seeing cars like this. It is very untasteful in my opinion.)

EDIT: Props for not putting on altezzas. Just for that I give it a :thumbup:

I agree with a lot of points, it just seems like a show car. I guess thats alright if thats what you're looking for, if you were in it for speed tuning a 4 banger probably wouldn't have been your first choice anyway

MicrOMag
06-23-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Ryknow
He needs a HKS stage 4 ball bearing turbo and a Zex wet mount nitro system..

Not on a non-built B series engine, he doesn't.

MicrOMag
06-23-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by MaChu
Whoa just saw the back if your gonna go for the dual exaust rear you should at least make it that way. So its gonna be all looks no go huh? Your thing I guess. If he had the money, b18c5, turbo, nitrous and looks plus goodies.

dual exhaust = nono on a 4 banger.

it hinders more than it helps.

MicrOMag
06-23-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by irbodden
How fast does that thing run a quarter? Mid 17's? Actually, good chance it's coming close to 18's. 92's ran mid 16's if I recall correctly, and all that junk is just making it slower

Depends what model civic you have

You get a '94 HB w/ VTEC than stock it will run high 13's to low 14's.

irbodden
06-23-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by MicrOMag

dual exhaust = nono on a 4 banger.

it hinders more than it helps.

he isn't going for performance, he is going for rice

irbodden
06-23-2003, 10:53 PM

his is a 92 si? That's mid 16s, then with the heavy rims, body kit, stero and other rice crap I am guessing 17's...

MicrOMag
06-23-2003, 10:57 PM

his is a 92 si? That's mid 16s, then with the heavy rims, body kit, stero and other rice crap I am guessing 17's...

Agreeable

I was just saying the quarter mile times are very dependent on what year and what model car you have.

If I were going for speed I would get a h23 and turbo it, or a gsr + turbo and swap it into a '94 HB.

Ityl
06-23-2003, 11:02 PM
Some people have no respect for others cars. Everyone doesn't want/need a fast car. Lately it seems that if the car is an import and isn't stripped and built for performance it's rice and sucks.

Great car. Looks like a lot of time has been put into it and is paying off.

Pokaris
06-23-2003, 11:13 PM
Nice looking car, I'm not sure about the show ability of a '92 Civic, it wouldn't have a class it could win here in Iowa, but we don't have too large of an import scene.

My greatest concern is that if you look closely you can see that the body kit(back rear bumper, front bumper) don't match the body of the car exactly(close but not close enough for a show judge). That's big points off in shows around here.

ForgedSpeed
06-23-2003, 11:29 PM
There is no reason to believe that 4 bangers cant be fast, or that they arent as good of a choice as v8s.

With the exception of the 93-2002 z28, most "pony" cars were not terribly quick. Very VERY few broke 14.0.

Big engine, lots of hp/lots of weight

small engine/light car

Pick one.

Of course, you could get a v8 swapped first gen rx7. :D :) ;)

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-23-2003, 11:31 PM
Obviously irbodden doesnt get the idea that its a show car, AND NOT A 10 SECOND STREET RACING MACHINE

SlipknotX556
06-23-2003, 11:34 PM
Get some neon lighting for under the car, then take a pic of it at night when its all lite up.

But very nice job, if you dont mind me asking, how much did that all cost?

Also is it a stick or auto?

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-23-2003, 11:38 PM
We got the car around 99 for about 5000 (if i remember correctly)

Then he started adding parts here and there. Got in a wreck, and had to buy a new bumper so he just decided to buy the front and back ones.

Redoing the doors and dash and everything to black and white has probably cost around 30 bucks.

its stick

SlipknotX556
06-23-2003, 11:41 PM
Civics are only supposed to be sticks.

If you want speed, get stick.

If you are lazy, get an auto.

MicrOMag
06-23-2003, 11:42 PM
There is no reason to believe that 4 bangers cant be fast, or that they arent as good of a choice as v8s.

With the exception of the 93-2002 z28, most "pony" cars were not terribly quick. Very VERY few broke 14.0.

Big engine, lots of hp/lots of weight

small engine/light car

Pick one.

Of course, you could get a v8 swapped first gen rx7. :D :) ;)

Wrong answer.

Without a doubt, unless you're dropping some serious money into a 4 banger, a domestic will own it. Check any track times, domestics will always have the fastest. The weight to power/torque ratio with domestics is normally very favorable in comparison with imports. ...with just a few bolt ons and the normally I/H/E they can usually be pretty fast and run 12-13's easily. Mustangs, Camaro SS's, Trans Ams, Fire Birds, Corvettes, etc., etc. all have the potential to be 'fast' cars for cheap.

If speed is your game buy a domestic. If you like the challenge of tuning and have the money then go with an import.

...oh yeah and my .02 cents... upgrade the turbos on the rx7 if u're going to mod it, there's no point to putting a v8 in it, that takes completely from what the car is 'supposed to be' by going away from the rotary engine. they're great if you can tune them

MicrOMag
06-23-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
Civics are only supposed to be sticks.

If you want speed, get stick.

If you are lazy, get an auto.

They're not supposed to be anything but econoboxes.

...get what you want to drive.

Of course they're not very fast at all with automatics even if you have a torque converter and the car is chipped...but even with stick its not going to be a very fast car stock.

SlipknotX556
06-23-2003, 11:55 PM
but even with stick its not going to be a very fast car stock.

No car is fast stock, thats why upgrades are good. :)

But when I was in a friends GT celica, he just got it, it was very fast, im talking fast. 6 speed stick.

MicrOMag
06-24-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556

No car is fast stock, thats why upgrades are good. :)

But when I was in a friends GT celica, he just got it, it was very fast, im talking fast. 6 speed stick.

... celica's aren't very fast.

and yes stock cars can be fast.

Camaro SS, SVT Cobra/normal Cobra, nissan skyline, TT supra, turbo'd rx7, 350z, trans am, porsche, ferrari, etc., etc.

no 16,000 econobox is fast stock, there are fast cars that are stock

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-24-2003, 12:10 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2420140191&category=6164

thats one of my dream cars....although I'm not a big fan of the buckets in place of the bench seat in the back.

it would still own any import you throw at it!

AMERICAN MUSCLE

MicrOMag
06-24-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by CoFFeY[NiTrO]
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2420140191&category=6164

thats one of my dream cars....although I'm not a big fan of the buckets in place of the bench seat in the back.

it would still own any import you throw at it!

AMERICAN MUSCLE

If i were to go domestic, I rather go with my neighbors completely original '69 Black and Yellow Shelby Cobra.

or if I had to go new, a 2000 Trans Am with a sexy *** paintjob or a new SVT cobra

Zumina
06-24-2003, 01:11 AM

I'd like to see that in print :rolleyes:

.bolink
06-24-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Zumina

Me too, I know I have owned Vtec Civics with my dad's 95 Impala SS. Granted it has the LT1 Corvette engine, its still one huge arse car with a lot of weight.

MaChu
06-24-2003, 11:35 AM
The reason I said dual exhaust for the Civic is because he said SHOW CAR, not street racing rice, SHOW CAR. He will get more points if he has dual exhaust to fill in the gap on the left side because it will look better. Now on to the import vs domestic thing.

I myself want a daily driver car that is also nimble, thats why I like imports. They are easier on the gas guzzling, fun to drive, and with some subtle exterior and interior changes look very clean and agressive. I myself am not a fan of too outrageous kits such as Blitz, Buddy Club, etc. I just like the look of a lip, some side skirts and a rear that is simple with no rims larger than 17in, anything above is just crazy. Its the new look for a new time in tuning popularity. Back in the day it was American Muscle now its 4 banging imports. Am I looking for the fastest car? No. Im looking for a good all around car that is also a little fast. Yes. Versatility is the name of the game now. Thats why hatchbacks are gaining popularity. Thats why four bangers have an edge on domestics is because its an all around good car with features that catch the new audience. May not be the fastest granted, and people who say they that they are the fastest are getting a little bit too cocky unless they are running nitrous, turbo, etc, but then they take out the versatility of the car and stooped down to the level of JUST racing*theres nothing wrong with that either*.

But imports also have some advantages else where. Sure you can eat imports in a line, but how bout turns? Miata will own you on that due to its size and weight. Ever try drifting in a Camaro? Don't think so, S13 240sx with its near perfect weight distribution just slides away. And then there are the imports that keep up with domestics in a line and in turns. RX-7, Supra TT, 300zxTT, Skyline, etc.

But there is a down side to this new time. RICE. There is a point where it has gone into a little of abstract modern art with too much stuff going on in terms of looks. Or done cheaply also making it look like trash. RICE. Where it is all show, no go, and a cocky attitude behind it because of a huge wing. These are what make the real tuners look bad, and its sad that its popular.

But then I have to turn around and enjoy the roar of a V8 as it pulls away from the line leaving things in the dust and a cloud of white smoke coming from the tires. Also the classic stylings of the Classic American Muscle, Shelby Mustangs, Camaro SS, Chevelle, Novas, Baracudas, Dusters all of them look bad ***. You get this intoxicating feeling of joy as you control this 300-500 ci block of power.

But again that is in a different time, things change, and kids like the customization and new look of imports these days.

And Ive lost my train of thought aka as ranting and Im hungry. Peace. :D

ForgedSpeed
06-24-2003, 11:44 AM

Wrong answer.

Without a doubt, unless you're dropping some serious money into a 4 banger, a domestic will own it. Check any track times, domestics will always have the fastest. The weight to power/torque ratio with domestics is normally very favorable in comparison with imports. ...with just a few bolt ons and the normally I/H/E they can usually be pretty fast and run 12-13's easily. Mustangs, Camaro SS's, Trans Ams, Fire Birds, Corvettes, etc., etc. all have the potential to be 'fast' cars for cheap.

If speed is your game buy a domestic. If you like the challenge of tuning and have the money then go with an import.

...oh yeah and my .02 cents... upgrade the turbos on the rx7 if u're going to mod it, there's no point to putting a v8 in it, that takes completely from what the car is 'supposed to be' by going away from the rotary engine. they're great if you can tune them

You are comparing 30 thousand dollars mustang gts, z28s, 40,000 dollar corvettes to cars that cost 20k tops. Mustang gt runs a 14.0 flat. Z-28 is good for 13.2. Corvettes are good for high 12s. Try comparing them to some 30k 4 bangers - the Sti and Evo. Both cars are AWD, good for low LOW 13s, possibly high 12s. The Evo is one of THE best braking and handling cars out. Also, since they are both turbocharged and - in the case of the evo - a proven powerplant - add a 30 dollar boost controller and your good for some even lower numbers.

EDIT: Turbo rotarys are horribly unreliable - rather, dont't live long. NA rotarys do however. Only turbo rotarys were the third gen, and second gen turbo IIs. Rotarys are very very hard to get worked on (need a SPECIFIC rotarty mechanic)

EDIT 2: new Civic si's can be had for 14k/15k. They will pull at .91 on the skidpad, and have the K series engine. The best 4 banger for modding to date. Many rxs ownwers are putting down 240 dyno proven hp with bolt-ons (and a hondata computer)

EDIT3: This all makes me look like I am an "import guy" when infact, I love domestics -well, correcting 93 and up fbodys and current corvettes. As a general rule, nothing else can brake, corner, or keep its interior components glued on. :D

Also, I/H/E is pretty expensive on v8s...close to if not 1k. About the same price as most DIY turbo kits :) ;)

Cha0tic
06-24-2003, 11:59 AM
i think we need to add a rule to the AO rule list....

-no car threads, as they make for the biggest cluster____(insert word here) and worst arguements.

MicrOMag
06-24-2003, 12:00 PM

About a 14.3 it would run.

MicrOMag
06-24-2003, 12:06 PM
"But imports also have some advantages else where. Sure you can eat imports in a line, but how bout turns? Miata will own you on that due to its size and weight. Ever try drifting in a Camaro? Don't think so, S13 240sx with its near perfect weight distribution just slides away. And then there are the imports that keep up with domestics in a line and in turns. RX-7, Supra TT, 300zxTT, Skyline, etc. "

Disagree on this point. Domestics can go through the turns as good as most/any imports. Look at the supra and a vette...their going prices new aren't very far off of each other and the vette would eat it anywhere it went. Mustangs and camaros can also handle very well. If you look at the g's that the miata is rated at I bet its not much better than any other *good* domestic, its just known for handling because of its near perfect 50/50 weight distribution....other cars are 50/50 or almost that point as whell tho.

If you want speed then go with domestic. If you enjoy tuning go with an import.

MicrOMag
06-24-2003, 12:09 PM

You are comparing 30 thousand dollars mustang gts, z28s, 40,000 dollar corvettes to cars that cost 20k tops. Mustang gt runs a 14.0 flat. Z-28 is good for 13.2. Corvettes are good for high 12s. Try comparing them to some 30k 4 bangers - the Sti and Evo. Both cars are AWD, good for low LOW 13s, possibly high 12s. The Evo is one of THE best braking and handling cars out. Also, since they are both turbocharged and - in the case of the evo - a proven powerplant - add a 30 dollar boost controller and your good for some even lower numbers.

EDIT: Turbo rotarys are horribly unreliable - rather, dont't live long. NA rotarys do however. Only turbo rotarys were the third gen, and second gen turbo IIs. Rotarys are very very hard to get worked on (need a SPECIFIC rotarty mechanic)

EDIT 2: new Civic si's can be had for 14k/15k. They will pull at .91 on the skidpad, and have the K series engine. The best 4 banger for modding to date. Many rxs ownwers are putting down 240 dyno proven hp with bolt-ons (and a hondata computer)

EDIT3: This all makes me look like I am an "import guy" when infact, I love domestics -well, correcting 93 and up fbodys and current corvettes. As a general rule, nothing else can brake, corner, or keep its interior components glued on. :D

Also, I/H/E is pretty expensive on v8s...close to if not 1k. About the same price as most DIY turbo kits :) ;)

K series = ****. B and H series = good for modding IMO.

I said the turbo rotary was nice if you could tune it, which it is.

Mustangs could be had cheaply as well that would own a civic, stock vs stock.

By the time you get the import up to the class of the domestic you're going to be paying the same amount of money practically for numbers that may not even be as good. plus its just built on a weaker foundation.

btw i drive a honda del sol...so i'm not an import hater either

ForgedSpeed
06-24-2003, 12:11 PM
Corrvettes, esp the z06 are AWESOME ALL-AROUND sports cars, the *best* bang for the buck (z06). It has almost become an industry benchmark. The camaro (RIP) was the same way. IT was awesome, and could handle and brake too.

The mustang - no. Its on a 1979 fairlane chassis. Owners that modify their cars first do underbody braces. This car cant handle for its life (compared to other sports cars). It has horrible chassis flex.

ForgedSpeed
06-24-2003, 12:13 PM

K series = ****. B and H series = good for modding IMO.

I said the turbo rotary was nice if you could tune it, which it is.

Mustangs could be had cheaply as well that would own a civic, stock vs stock.

By the time you get the import up to the class of the domestic you're going to be paying the same amount of money practically for numbers that may not even be as good. plus its just built on a weaker foundation.

btw i drive a honda del sol...so i'm not an import hater either

K= ****? Wtf? I have lost all respect for you now.

It is well known this it is THE best honda engine to date. Even s2k owners are wanting one. The s2k has 200 ground hp stock, but with anything short of FI - you arent going to get 10 hp modding it. The K series engine own the b series and h series, they are old with roots in the early 90s...

MicrOMag
06-24-2003, 12:34 PM

K= ****? Wtf? I have lost all respect for you now.

It is well known this it is THE best honda engine to date. Even s2k owners are wanting one. The s2k has 200 ground hp stock, but with anything short of FI - you arent going to get 10 hp modding it. The K series engine own the b series and h series, they are old with roots in the early 90s...

Talk to any person who does honda swaps. b18c [gsr] = most desireable engine.

the s2k owners want a diff engine because it may put 200hp down but the torque numbers aren't that impressive at all. Its a honda, you have to rev to 8.5k to get some power. ...and if you run a honda thats fast chances are you're either dropping some serious cash into boring an engine and building it or by using FI.

oh yeah and for the guy who said about a turbo kit being 1k before, most turbo kits for hondas even if they're junkyard kits are around 2k

MicrOMag
06-24-2003, 12:35 PM
Corrvettes, esp the z06 are AWESOME ALL-AROUND sports cars, the *best* bang for the buck (z06). It has almost become an industry benchmark. The camaro (RIP) was the same way. IT was awesome, and could handle and brake too.

The mustang - no. Its on a 1979 fairlane chassis. Owners that modify their cars first do underbody braces. This car cant handle for its life (compared to other sports cars). It has horrible chassis flex.

I disagree, my friend's '90 LX fox body handles pretty friggin sick and I think he just has two cheap upgraded sway bars

ForgedSpeed
06-24-2003, 12:42 PM
K series have not been around long enough to gain all the aftermarket support as the b series, not as many swap "kits" are made, and the engines are more expensive. The swap is also more complex.

Actually, s2000 owners love their cars - and their engines. They just are distgruntled that you can't mod them worth ****. (Those that feel the need to mod that is)

Pleanty of people have non intercooled turbo kits for under 1k. Mostly the turbo setup off of dsms...

The greddy SOHC kit is around 1900 bucks (I think), non intercooled.

And, despite what you "think" your buddies lx handles like - and that is "feels" quick in the corners. Test and track numbers tell an entirely different story.

MicrOMag
06-24-2003, 12:46 PM
K series have not been around long enough to gain all the aftermarket support as the b series, not as many swap "kits" are made, and the engines are more expensive. The swap is also more complex.

Actually, s2000 owners love their cars - and their engines. They just are distgruntled that you can't mod them worth ****. (Those that feel the need to mod that is)

Pleanty of people have non intercooled turbo kits for under 1k. Mostly the turbo setup off of dsms...

The greddy SOHC kit is around 1900 bucks (I think), non intercooled.

who wants a SOHC kit... I don't really see the point of turboing a SOHC engine. Swap a DOHC in then turbo, much more potential.

Like I said the B series is the most popular engine to date, the K series is growing and they're starting to make more kits but its no where near as popular as the B series. For this day in time unless you're rolling in it [in which case you probably wouldn't be driving a honda anyway] get a B or H series engine and go from there. There's so many kits and upgrades for the b18c engine that its ridiculous

...and if you took it to the track you'd be suprised at the numbers, i hate to break it to you.

Cha0tic
06-24-2003, 12:52 PM
can i just ask what kind of cars you guys own?

i own a mazda6s, which is by NO means a racing car lol. its a family sedan, and it runs high 14's, bone stock.

im getting hold of an old miata late this summer to start turning into an auto cross car. should be nice.

.bolink
06-24-2003, 01:50 PM
I drive a 79 El Camino with a 305. Has potential but as is you can measure my QM with an hourglass.

However my dad drives a 95 Impalla SS. It has the LT1 engine and gives you quite a ride.

Zumina
06-24-2003, 02:26 PM

About a 14.3 it would run.

Allow me to clarify, I would like to see that statement endorsed by a reputable magazine or professional, not some punk kid conjuring up a line of crap.

bornl33t
06-24-2003, 02:28 PM

:rolleyes:

It has nothing to do if his parents are rich or not. Some people think spending large quanities of money to make a car LOOK fast is pretty lame.

that may be, BUT you guys are all breaking rule #1 YOu don't dis someone elses ride. It's bad Karma. I was merly trying to see the good about the car

irbodden
06-24-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Cha0tic

i own a mazda6s, which is by NO means a racing car lol. its a family sedan, and it runs high 14's, bone stock.

im getting hold of an old miata late this summer to start turning into an auto cross car. should be nice.

Try to find an old Porsche 914 for autocross, they can be had dirt cheap and are killer on the track

SatansGun
06-24-2003, 02:55 PM

EDIT: Turbo rotarys are horribly unreliable - r. Rotarys are very very hard to get worked on (need a SPECIFIC rotarty mechanic)
:) ;)

Mustang gts or 24k-27k cobras are about 35k

MicrOMag
06-25-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Cha0tic

Like I said I drive a Honda Del Sol [slow]. Its a '94 DOHC VTEC Del Sol to be exact. Not exactly fast and the bottom has some problems, its my second car and its just fun to mess around in. Chicks dig it, and anyone who's ridden in it, loves it.

MicrOMag
06-25-2003, 04:06 PM

Allow me to clarify, I would like to see that statement endorsed by a reputable magazine or professional, not some punk kid conjuring up a line of crap.

Okay, I guess I'm some 'punk kid'. ****nut. Go to SHO [www.superhonda.com],hondaswap [www.hondaswap.com], or hondatech and ask around.

MicrOMag
06-25-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by SatansGun

Mustang gts or 24k-27k cobras are about 35k

SVT Cobra = 38k...and thats all that matters

ForgedSpeed
06-25-2003, 11:12 PM

who wants a SOHC kit... I don't really see the point of turboing a SOHC engine. Swap a DOHC in then turbo, much more potential.

Like I said the B series is the most popular engine to date, the K series is growing and they're starting to make more kits but its no where near as popular as the B series. For this day in time unless you're rolling in it [in which case you probably wouldn't be driving a honda anyway] get a B or H series engine and go from there. There's so many kits and upgrades for the b18c engine that its ridiculous

...and if you took it to the track you'd be suprised at the numbers, i hate to break it to you.

Swapped, bolted up b16s put down around 140-150hp to the ground. SOHC are good motors, and although a b series, or any DOHC will have more potential...However, spend 5k on a SOHC, and 5k on a b16(without swap....1.5k itself)...the sohc will be faster...

Btw, the mazda6s is awesome...i love that car...and awesome car for under 24k.

SpongeBobSquarePants
06-25-2003, 11:20 PM
Well, it looks like he is just makeing a show car. Something that looks good and is tasteful. I will respect a car like that. How ever I want respect the owner of the car if he thinks it can go fast.

giblit
06-26-2003, 12:08 AM
i hate show cars... i went to a car show and there a couple acuras and i looked at the spadomitor and a lot of them didnt even have 100 miles on them... personally i like to cars that are drivin, it just doest intrest me, i have a lot more respect for import drag racers then show cars.

MicrOMag
06-26-2003, 04:04 PM

Swapped, bolted up b16s put down around 140-150hp to the ground. SOHC are good motors, and although a b series, or any DOHC will have more potential...However, spend 5k on a SOHC, and 5k on a b16(without swap....1.5k itself)...the sohc will be faster...

Btw, the mazda6s is awesome...i love that car...and awesome car for under 24k.

The 6 is now an awesome car...before it wasn't very good.

...and I disagree with the DOHC, SOHC thing. One has so much more potential that you can't even compare the two.

SIGSays
06-26-2003, 04:34 PM
hey man i think the dohc would be faster...

and the 6 was never a good car.. never will be

MicrOMag
06-26-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by SIGSays

Nono...he's right, depending on what mods you do any given car can be faster than another. The DOHC has more potential but it may cost you money in the end if you have to first swap to the DOHC from a SOHC engine.

...and the 6 is a *very* good car now. They ran it in Car and Driver and many other car mags and the specs on the thing, especially for being a 4 dr sedan are pretty sick. Its handling is really nice along with pretty damn good acceleration stock. They're selling a lot now for this reason.

Cha0tic
06-26-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by SIGSays

SIGsays, have you ever driven the mazda6? i would guess not. it is very fun to drive. handles like a miata, with 4 doors. the duratec v6 is a nice engine, and i have no complaints. what kind of car do you drive? maybe you should stop dissing other peoples rides...

FeelTheRT
06-26-2003, 10:55 PM
some u guys are wack... S2000s are very impressive cars. Being a 4 cyl engine, with a displacment of only 2.0L (size of a soda bottle), and naturally aspired (no forced induction such as turbo) and producing 240HP @ ~8k RPM (last VTEC engagment) is insane. It has the most horsepower (120HP) per liter out of any car which blew away Ferrari's 355 record at ~110HP per liter. Thanx to Japanese engineering and Honda's VTEC technology which made this possible.

MicrOMag
06-27-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by FeelTheRT
some u guys are wack... S2000s are very impressive cars. Being a 4 cyl engine, with a displacment of only 2.0L (size of a soda bottle), and naturally aspired (no forced induction such as turbo) and producing 240HP @ ~8k RPM (last VTEC engagment) is insane. It has the most horsepower (120HP) per liter out of any car which blew away Ferrari's 355 record at ~110HP per liter. Thanx to Japanese engineering and Honda's VTEC technology which made this possible.

HP means ****, it doesn't have much torque...it has 90 torque power less than HP...thats pretty bad

the JDM engine has way more HP and torque...i respect that car a lot more, but the USDM s2000 isn't that wonderful.

rhetor22
06-27-2003, 11:36 AM
the engine is making good numbers cuz its spinning reallllllly fast.

I dont know much about the s200, but it looks pretty good, and in a review i read it was like a boxter, but a bit behind on performance in all areas. Comparing a honda to a porsche is pretty impressive.

Oh and BTW i hate honda civics more than the devil.

Zumina
07-01-2003, 05:11 PM
As a matter of fact, I test drove an S2000 a few weeks ago. It had a complete Greddy exhaust and an intake of some sort. It handled well and had a nice breaking system, but it was tottally gutless under 6k (=no toque) and it's powerband wasn't all that noticeable (then again, the shriek of the 4 banger at 90000 rpm was). If the car wasn't the size of a go-kart, built of the thinest steel available, and actually had a roof, it would be THE slowest 240 hp car of all time.