PDA

View Full Version : no other barrels??

M1N1M4G
09-01-2001, 06:38 PM
my minimag will only take one barrel, the smart parts AA. i tried puttin an armson stealth and j&j on there and they go in but the dont turn. also, when u try to take them out, they get stuck. i dont know of any possible ways to fix this. it kinda makes me mad that i can only have one barrel....

OldSchoolMag
09-01-2001, 07:33 PM
Make sure that you're using the correct slot on your barrel. This might be the problem... post back if it continues.

------------------
68 Classic w/Powerfeed
Smart Parts Magic Box Installed on A.I.R.
Green Small Bore All American 12"
KAPP Air Through Grip & Drop Foward
67ci 3000psi Chubby Nitro
9volt VL
AGD user for life

2UnREal
09-02-2001, 12:18 AM
It sounds like you are having problems with your twist lock assembly:
http://dropzonepaintball.com/assets/images/313223s.jpg

You can somehow adjust it to change the amount of force needed to get the barrel on or off. This would make sense if the AA barrel threads are somewhat deeper than the other barrels that you have tried. So, try and adjust it. You can locate it in your gun rail when you take the body off. Hope this helped!

PyRo
09-02-2001, 04:20 PM
Twist lock assemblys won't cause that. If you insist on messing with it though, their is a screw on the bottom or it, that ajusts how strong it is, i have mine all the way in, no problems.
Try this, although this likely isn't the problem either. Take out the screw in front of the trigger. Now try putting the barrel in, if it goes in, then your screw is too long.

mikey101
09-02-2001, 04:38 PM
You might of had bad luck with the other two barrels. Do they turn correctly on other mags? If not, its because they were milled wrong. The slot on the barrel where it twists and locks might not have been milled deep enough. This happens sometimes with boomsticks, but I've never heard of it on these two barrels.

Gjobsin
09-02-2001, 07:13 PM
I have the same problem wit my boomy but not my smart parts barrels, do just as pyro says. unscrew the screw in your trigger area then lift the gray body from the body rail to make the little silver thing pictured above seem shorter so the barrel fits.

Army
09-02-2001, 07:51 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PyRo:
Take out the screw in front of the trigger. Now try putting the barrel in, if it goes in, then your screw is too long.</font> I had just this problem with my MiniMag when I first got it. I simply filed down the screw until it fit with room to spare when tightened up. If you do this, be extra careful to not bung up the threads, the screw will then mess up the threaded hole in the body tube. Take it to a machine shop or your school auto shop if you aren't sure you want to do it yourself...

...also oil the O-rings lightly, they will turn easier and not get stuck when you try to pull the barrel out.

------------------
http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/contrib/blackeye/linkcoolMIR.gif EIB