PDA

View Full Version : Good Newb Q: Dual detents?

GT
06-23-2003, 04:13 PM
SO I am at work about to scream every cus word I know at this stupid GRE program when I began wonering what the peanut gallery thinks of running dual detents on a ULE mag?

jb

Dayspring
06-23-2003, 04:14 PM
A few of the Sluggo bodies that people are coming out with (Xtreme Depot & PBX to name a few) use dual detents.

As for ULE- it's not a bad idea, but honestly, I think it's a bit of overkill.

adam shannon
06-23-2003, 09:28 PM
tom mentioned something about dual detents on an sfl at the megameet. from what i recall he said they werent really needed, and that they found out that dual detents can sometimes cause bolt stick or something like that.

IcantBelieveit
06-23-2003, 09:37 PM
but if you have a halo, the halo will push the paint past the singel deten so dual detents are needed or the adjustable tension detents

GT
06-23-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by IcantBelieveit
but if you have a halo, the halo will push the paint past the singel deten so dual detents are needed or the adjustable tension detents

well there are plenty of halo guys on the board that dont have this problem. It is still kinda of a mystery as to way angel owners have halo probs, however the new software is supposed to fix this problem.

jb

beefstew
06-23-2003, 10:00 PM
I have had NO Issue with my xmag and a single dentent, so i wouldnt think you would have any. It would be nice, just as an xtra saftey thing. BTW i am running a halo.
Phil