PDA

View Full Version : z-grip frame vs intelliframe..

tm pro tc
06-23-2003, 04:52 PM
OK...i know the z grip is different from many other trigger frames. but i was wondering how would it compare to the intelliframe, can u go any faster on the intelliframe than u can on the z-grip. i found the z-grip frame for 90 and the intelliframe for 109... what would be the better deal to buy...dont put the z-grip down because of how it looks thuogh orif its uncomfortable. i just need to know more performance wize..

plz help ty

thereal_JT
06-23-2003, 10:03 PM
i had an intelli until i got my z. personally i feel better ripping on the z-grip. and people have posted instructions on how to intelli the z so you can have the best of both worlds. it depends on what you want to hold and shoot.

JT

Z-man
06-24-2003, 02:02 AM
Where the heck can you still find the Z-grips? I was searching around and found a site claiming to sell them for $90 (what a steal) but when I emailed them they told me they were out of course. Is it really limited to searching for people on AO or just person to person really? I know AGD stopped selling them a long time ago.

I kinda wanted to get 2 RT's one with my current warp intellifeed and the other a halo/ Z-grip setup but so far it's a slow trip. The Z-grip fits the RT Pro right?

wepu
06-24-2003, 10:12 AM
The z grip has been out of production for a while now. Basically, you need to either get really lucky and find one in a store, or post in the trade forums. I managed to luck out, and find one at Hogan's Alley here in CT.

AGD made two models of z-grip, one for the classic RT, and one for all other models. The only difference is that the classic RT version has a larger hole to fit the banjo bolt instead of the field strip screw. The classic RT version will fit one any mechanical mag, with a little washer so it doesn't wobble.

The rt is sort of nicer to the z-grip that standard mags, because you don't need to mess around with foregrip extenders and dremel tools if you like to use a foregrip. You just use the front two screws on the standard grip instead of all three. It gives enough clearance to clear the trigger guard.

I could sell my classic RT (pf hopper left, z-grip, and level 10) for a sufficently generous offer. I'm not at all interested in parting out, and the only other gun I'm interested in is the emag.