PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Co2 w/ Minimag

KingmanSpyderTL
06-23-2003, 06:41 PM
I am playing in one of my buddies, 24 hr games, he has once or twice every year. I just bought a minimag... got the nitro, revy, and upgs. I need for now. However my nitro tank is only a 68/3000 and at 24hr games your likeyl to shoot more than 700rds. I'm going to bring my co2 tanks filled too, but problem is I have no x-chamber or anti-siphon. What effects wil using liquid co2 have on my gun? It will be about 85-90 degrees out, if that matters, thanks for any input.

BajaBoy
06-23-2003, 06:59 PM
it should be ok on a bottom line. I ran co2 on my old mag one day and it did feal diffrent, But it shoots fine.

pointers maybe?
-dont shoot Long strings..
-dont shoot the gun pointing down (to keep liquid ou of the valve)

if you could run the tank on the virt asa it would work perfect.

Halo2x
06-23-2003, 08:34 PM
getting urself a palmers stabalizer would help, but running it vert as a forgrip would work well also.
Also look into seeing if your proshop will install anti siphon tubes.

KingmanSpyderTL
06-23-2003, 09:10 PM
those aren't options, my store doesn't have anti-siphon, and i can't stand the looks of a mag w/ a foregrip. I'm wondering about the effect liquid co2 will have.

yurchikcs
06-24-2003, 01:48 AM
If you get liquid CO2 into the valve it will freeze and start leaking, simple as that. I used to run CO2 when I first bought my mag, I ran a remote line into a stock on a bottomline with a hose right up to the valve. It froze a couple times, but otherwise no major problems like HPA is giving me. I now have enough spare parts to build another mag, which is going to be a devoted CO2 gun. I tried running my primary mag on CO2 with a palmer stabalizer, and it worked flawlessly.

tmnothing
06-24-2003, 02:13 PM
yea the effects of getting liquid in the gun arent going to be pretty. with the temperatures as high as you say you should be find though, as long as you dont shoot straight down (as mentioned before). If you do get liquid in there the gun will freeze up and start leaking and you're going to have a hell of a time with it. Make sure to have it oiled up real real good when you put that co2 tank on there, that will help. I ran my first mag on co2 one day and it froze up even though I had an x-chamber/antisiphon setup but the temperatures were closer to 50, not 85-90.

Frank (the spank)
06-24-2003, 04:11 PM
strap a scuba tank to your back and fill as you go :)

the_next_guy_
06-25-2003, 09:08 PM
it wont hurt the gun, it will only be annoying... If you have a remote that will help a ton

SpecialBlend2786
06-26-2003, 02:33 AM
If you ARE going to use CO2 with a bottomline, just remember not to point the gun at the ground. Had a bad experience with my Minimag....:mad: