PDA

View Full Version : Help with old style max-flo

mirthvader
06-23-2003, 08:33 PM
I have an old style max-flo tank that has what looks like a double burst disk on the gun side of the valve. It has a spring in it and it is leaking. I took it apart and there are no o-rings or anything inside. Is it missing something. Does any one have a diagram of this part or could tell me why it is leaking.

Thanks.

xen_100
06-24-2003, 11:58 AM
more than likely one of those is the burst disk(prolly the one that is not leaking) the other one is the overpressure blow-off valve. does it leak all the time or just when you screw in your co2 tank to it?

if it leaks all the time, the valve might be bad.

if it only leaks when you gas it up, make sure you are using a anti-siphon tank only.......if any liquid gets into the reg they vent it off, ussualy it wont stop venting until you unscrew the tank and start over. alsom they recomment and on/off co2 tank to let the pressure biuld slowly......this tents to keep that blow-off valve from going off. you can also screw your co2 tank in really slow to gas up slowely.

TheTramp
06-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by mirthvader
Does any one have a diagram of this part

You can get complete parts diagrams for Smart Parts products on their web site. Print out the one for the older style Max-Flow tanks and see if you are missing any parts. They also have a good trouble-shooting section you might want to look through.

mirthvader
06-25-2003, 11:30 AM
It's not a burst disk although there is already one on the valve. I have the diagram and smart parts manual. For some reason, the part shows on the valve but is not labelled. I emailed smart parts and hope they respond with some useful info.