PDA

View Full Version : Question on Pre BE Revy

cletus
06-23-2003, 09:21 PM
I got a 9v revy sitting here that I just got that I think might be pre-BE but I dont know how to tell. I looked up the patent on it (#5282454) was issued in 94. Its got the on/off switch on the feed neck too. I am gonna post a pic in a few minutes, just gotta get it shrunk down a little for the web.

If anyone can give me any info on this that would be great. Are these worth anymore than the BE revy?

http://home.insightbb.com/~j.welt/DCP_1885.JPG

-=Squid=-
06-23-2003, 09:38 PM
On the feedneck? Thats odd...to tell just knock on the plastic. If it feels more hollow, cheap, and brittle it is a BE, but if it is more flexible then it is PRE BE.

JT2002
06-23-2003, 11:24 PM
i had one of those, its a pre be, VERY sturdy though. too bad its pretty slow. you could try to mod it to run 12v's

TigerMan
06-23-2003, 11:37 PM
Definately pre-BE. BE didn't takke control of Viewloader till years after '94. Also, that's a VL2000, which is pre Revy (you can see it where the on/off switch is).

cletus
06-24-2003, 08:35 AM
Cool. I thought it would probably end up being pre-BE, just wanted to make sure.

So is this thing worth anything to collectors of old paintball items or is it just another cheap 9v revy?

jdev
06-24-2003, 08:41 AM
i dont know about what its worth to collectors and all.

I have my 12v revvy, pre BE, and I dont see myself giving this thing up any time soon.. its been to hell and back.. and we are taking another vacation to hell soon :)

-=Squid=-
06-24-2003, 08:51 AM
I bet you could sell it for about 30-40. I sold my pre BE for 45. ITs because the shells dont break when you put them on the gun :)

FreshmanBob
06-24-2003, 09:04 AM
Yeah I have a pre-BE revy and it rocks. Instead of cracking the shells actually flex.

wow! innovation! lol

thecavemankevin
06-24-2003, 09:55 AM
upgrade it to a 12v and you will be good to go, don't forget to get a 4 prong impeller

Spaceman613
06-24-2003, 10:03 AM
not as easy to upgrade as you think, the second battery will sit below the feed door.

cletus
06-24-2003, 10:09 AM
I was thinking about upgrading it untill I looked inside the battery compartment. There is just barely enough rom for the 1 battery, much less two of them. Your thinking of the version where half of the compartment is blocked by a piece of plastic. I think those are BE revys, correct me if im wrong.

Spaceman613
06-24-2003, 10:15 AM
those are all 9 volt revs. you have a vl2000, it pre-dates the rev. ITS NOT A REVOLUTION!

to get the 12 volt (or 18 volt) conversion you need a second battery in a pack under the door. one guy has a pic of a purple shredder (thats what they called them) in his sig file.. mayhem maybe??

Best case would be to either deal with the 9 volt, or sell it and buy a new hopper.

cletus
06-24-2003, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the info spaceman. I just got this a few days ago and with a package that I got real cheap.

I dont think ill be upgrading this one, seeing that I already have a 12v revy thats been hit many times and never broke.

Star_Base_CGI
06-24-2003, 12:46 PM
Shoot it with a paintball. If it breaks its Brass Eagle.

Spaceman613
06-24-2003, 01:07 PM
Star base... if you dont have a USEFUL comment, dont post.

Its pre-BE, plain and simple. If you want to get rid of it, I dont know what a fair price is, but i might know someone that may want it. He has an older cocker (#406) that he wants to put all older parts on.

Im sure you could sell it at the tinkers guild classifieds.

-=Squid=-
06-24-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Spaceman613
Star base... if you dont have a USEFUL comment, dont post.

Its pre-BE, plain and simple. If you want to get rid of it, I dont know what a fair price is, but i might know someone that may want it. He has an older cocker (#406) that he wants to put all older parts on.

Im sure you could sell it at the tinkers guild classifieds.

No, in all honesty his idea wasnt bad.

Spaceman613
06-24-2003, 01:29 PM
Yes it was a bad idea... you can look at it,it says vl2000. There its pre-be. No debate, no nothing. BE NEVER ,made anything before revs. ALL evs are be, revs are in the interim area. And the way to see if they are pre or post buyout is to look at the feedneck. And even that doesnt work all of the time.

Besides, I have 2 BE revs.. they havent broke and Ive been using them for years. Lots of hopper shots, lots of dropping them, and lots of puttng them on guns... Havent broke yet.

jdev
06-24-2003, 01:31 PM
or, try the 2 foot drop.

hold it about 2 feet above any hard surface, if it cracks/breaks, congrats, you have a BE product. if it doesnt, its a keeper.

UThomas
06-24-2003, 02:25 PM
I didn't know people still liked these. I have 2 View Loader 2000's if anybody is interested in buying them. PM me.

hAppy
06-25-2003, 11:43 AM
listen i love my pre BE shells as long as all my friends
we bought them USED for 25! and damn they re still quality

my friend bought a brand new one for 50 and god those shells are terrible, you knock on them they sound cheap, the lid sounds terrible when you close it and open it, feels like the whole revy is gonna break

but the PRE BE shells you can knock as hard as you want and the lid is like bendy so it wont crack

when i buy revys i only look for PRE BE hehe

Creative Mayhem
06-25-2003, 01:08 PM
I have two of those... on all purple(not see through) and one clear/black these things will take anything you can throw at them... they are extremely sturdy. I still have my original one(all purple.)

As for the slowness... there was a kit called the Shredder kit, basically it was;

a larger paddle

an extra 9V lead

a new eye for the extra voltage

a battery box that mounted to the bottom of the hopper

All you did... was basically solder the extra 9v lead to the motor or board... (i cant remember, and i am too lazy to take mine apart) the replace the eye and paddle... and BINGO you had a 18v hopper that would spin like crazy. Well, better tan just the regular hopper anyway... :)

Here's a pic of mine on my Minimag.

jpdgas
06-25-2003, 06:11 PM
since this is the only plave ive erally seen this come up, ill put in my 2. I have the vl2000 and its great except for its speed, super durable. i bought a new revy x-board and put it on my warp...the feed neck cracked. i taped it and it stayed for a while, then the lid hinge snapped. pure crap. i hate BE for screwing up a great product, hold on to rour old shells! if you have any 12 volt pre-be shells im interested...

hAppy
06-25-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by jpdgas
since this is the only plave ive erally seen this come up, ill put in my 2. I have the vl2000 and its great except for its speed, super durable. i bought a new revy x-board and put it on my warp...the feed neck cracked. i taped it and it stayed for a while, then the lid hinge snapped. pure crap. i hate BE for screwing up a great product, hold on to rour old shells! if you have any 12 volt pre-be shells im interested...

thats what i expect will happen to my friends revy

its like revy w/ xboard and it comes w/ cancer free!