PDA

View Full Version : LVL10 question

ZCute
06-23-2003, 10:34 PM
ive decided to hold off on getting an x-valve and jsut pick up a lvl 10 and fix my gas setup instead. how hard is it to install and tweak the lvl 10, cause im not too good with these sort of things. is it easy enough that anyone with common sense could do it? also any special tools i will need? also......was my choice a good one (holding on x valve and jsut getting lvl10)? thanks.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
06-23-2003, 11:30 PM
Once you understand how the level 10 works...tuning it is a snap. The only tools I use are a dental pic and the cap from a bic ball point pen.

Skoad
06-24-2003, 01:23 AM
click up on the little AO link bar to the RESOURCES Button and click Level 10 guide.

or, if this still works do a right click save as on: http://www.automags.org/~Miscue/level10.mpeg

NJPaint
06-24-2003, 07:54 AM
I used a pair of needlenose plyers and thats it... its a matter of being patient and being careful, its easy enough for the average guy to do though.

silentdeath55
06-24-2003, 09:06 AM
When I installed mine, the carrier(little brass thing) kept getting stuck in the power tube and it was really hard to get out, watch out for that. Another thing, make sure the shims are FLAT! I killed a shim and it got wedged around the carrier, so it took me like 20 minuted to get out. Otherwise, make sure you have a full tank of air to install it, and a lot of patience. You made the right choice to get a lvl 10, it's awsome.

reefer madness
06-24-2003, 09:21 AM
honestly mine was a bi*** to setup. either it leaked or it stuck. since i have got it working i havent choped a ball but my gun has had more problems with it thatn wihtout, leaks, misfires, etc.

silentdeath55
06-24-2003, 10:51 AM
The only thing I had to do is turn my velocity WAY up. If I go like another 1/8" it's all the way up. And if i go any higher, it leaks. I like mine so much, I sometimes sit at my computer and just shoot my finger over and over again. That thing is so cool.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
06-26-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by silentdeath55
When I installed mine, the carrier(little brass thing) kept getting stuck in the power tube and it was really hard to get out, watch out for that. Another thing, make sure the shims are FLAT! I killed a shim and it got wedged around the carrier, so it took me like 20 minuted to get out. Otherwise, make sure you have a full tank of air to install it, and a lot of patience. You made the right choice to get a lvl 10, it's awsome.

Thats why getting a dental pic is a good idea. It makes pulling out the carriers a snap!

Dayspring
06-26-2003, 07:27 PM
Why even bother with that? Take the field strip screw, thread it into the carrier, and pull. Comes right out. Dental pick can scratch the carrier or tear the oring.

exedotbat
06-26-2003, 10:25 PM
i have a question sometimes when the level 10 catches a ball the bolt will stick, it does it like 1 out of 5 times. Granted I was trying to get the level 10 to catch a ball so I could see it work, but what do i do to fix that, because when it happens i have to degas the marker and gas it back up again.

xtreme paintball
06-27-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by silentdeath55
Otherwise, make sure you have a full tank of air to install it...

DEFINATELY!!! I went to install mine yesterday, and what a disaster. I forgot to fill the tank! I ran out of air halfway through, and now I have a half-installed LX in my mini.

On top of that, our proshop closed down, so I'm having a heck of a time finding a place to fill a compressed air tank. Nobody around here has scuba tanks!!!

Anyhoo, back to the point...start with a full tank!

NJPaint
06-27-2003, 09:32 AM
damn, I had to fill my tank 3 times to get it fully installed... Another huge thing is that you spend the time to tune it and wear it in the gun... you don't want it sticking on the field....

xen_100
06-27-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by exedotbat
i have a question sometimes when the level 10 catches a ball the bolt will stick, it does it like 1 out of 5 times. Granted I was trying to get the level 10 to catch a ball so I could see it work, but what do i do to fix that, because when it happens i have to degas the marker and gas it back up again.

add a shim or two to let it vent sooner in the stroke. as long as it doesn't leak, that should solve it.

on mine when it does that, pulling and holding the trigger ussualy makes it reset.

Sputnik
06-27-2003, 01:05 PM
only takes:

1. Patience
2. Willingness to read HOW the thing works so you know what to change
3. Air

As was said, don't try to "tune it" on the field in action. Tune it before you go or you'll get ticked. My biggest frustration was all the Tippmann owners I play with poking fun at me as the LevelX wore in I had leaks and stuff I had to deal with.

Now its set. Played yesterday and heard it engage twice during rapid firing. Would have been a chopped ball, but, nope -- not now! Very nice upgrade.