PDA

View Full Version : New Mag

tr0n
06-23-2003, 10:40 PM
I just got my mag and it doesn't fire and my friend says it's the fire gap but I don't know what the fire gap is exactly. Can someone help me? Can someone maybe provide a picture showing me the fire gap so I can look even more like an idiot?

chizle97
06-23-2003, 11:07 PM
i guessing he means the space between the sear rod and the trigger. but are you sure it isnt something else, did the tank have over 800 PSI, was the pressure turned up enough.

Cryer
06-23-2003, 11:18 PM
was the velocity turned up high enough?

was the safety on:rolleyes: :p ;)

tr0n
06-24-2003, 02:41 PM
Yes, my friend posted that and didnt really know how to say it... It had enough gas and the velocity is fine, the rod has been moving around, its really loose. I took teflon tape and now it doesnt move, and got the measurements from the troubleshooting guide on airgun.com. Now I dont know what 'before and after the fire gap is' so I would like a pic or something :D

lol

Thanks,
Ryan

Cryer
06-24-2003, 03:04 PM
It may be the teflon tape...

tr0n
06-24-2003, 03:23 PM
No it was out of timing, and not pushing on the on/off pin which was what I needed to fix. I talked to someone on AIM and he told me how to fix it, but thanks guys.

Ryan

athomas
06-25-2003, 11:09 AM
I can only surmise that you were talking about the gap between the trigger rod and the back of the trigger.

When the gun is gassed up, there should be a gap about the thickness of a credit card between the trigger rod and the trigger. You shouldn't use foreign objects in the trigger assembly to alter the "timing". The timing is preset. Anything else just interfers with the safe operation and will cause problems down the road.

I can't imagine where you would put teflon tape in the trigger handle to make it shoot better. Its a problem waiting to happen.

Drizit
06-25-2003, 05:19 PM
i'd say he wraped the threads on the trigger rod, so it won't move in the clasp anymore.

athomas
06-25-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Drizit
i'd say he wraped the threads on the trigger rod, so it won't move in the clasp anymore.

Hmm. That makes sense. :)

tr0n
06-27-2003, 10:46 AM
Yeah you both are right. It was loose in the clasp thing and thats where the teflon went. And the rod was so far away from the trigger it nearly went into the frame... Gassed up that is.. But its fixed now the credit card thing solved the problem before you guys repled :)

Thanks
Ryan