PDA

View Full Version : I wanna dye trigger frame,

HEADSHOT
06-23-2003, 10:50 PM
I am going to get a dye trigger frame, I really like the way they look and if no one says they suck i will reconsider,

anyone got and dirt on the dye frames,,,??

PLEAS dont tell me to get an intelli.

jaylock33
06-24-2003, 08:01 AM
They're not the best trigger is all I'll say.

sime
06-24-2003, 09:30 AM
i HAD one, replaced it with some chrome thing that has AGD stamped into it, won't go back. night and day i tell ya

SG Avenger
06-24-2003, 01:56 PM
I felt the same way, they do look a tad better than the AGD frame [imho]

However it requires a lot to setup. To possibly include lengthening the pin on the sear assembly, and possibly getting some extreemely thin washers to keep the trigger from wobbling all over the place.

Also the Dye frame does not come with grips, or a trigger/trigger sear/saftey. so after buying it all. you could get the Intelliframe plug and play and good to go for the same price or a couple bucks more.

Don't cheat yourself, unless you like to do a lot of tinkering.

Another thing i've noticed myself and heard from other owners of this frame. Is that the pins where you screw the grip into are not all the same size. I had the left side go in perfectly but the right side practicly required me to strip out the hole for the standard screws to fit in.

That's just comming from the experience I had, setting one up a while back.

--Ooops. I think I just said suggested an iFrame.

Omicron
06-24-2003, 04:44 PM
*awaits Tunaman's response* :D

JAM
06-25-2003, 08:57 AM
O-
I have owned a DYE frame and this is what happened:

-it looked nice
-It comes with NO hardware, no trigger, no grips
-it was a pain to get the trigger switched over and working
-the screws that came with DYE grips didn't fit the DYE frame(!)
-getting the gun working required me shaving the back of the trigger

Then, i got an intelliframe. I know you don't want to hear hear it, but I am being honest:

-it comes with trigger and grip and screws ready to go.
-it screwed right on to my mag and worked first shot

what more do you need?

Jack & Coke
06-25-2003, 10:23 AM
I bought the frame that Jam is talking about...

...and I LOVE IT! :)

Yes, you need to tinker with it.

- I needed a pin punch to remove the pin from my old frame.

- I needed to find the right screws to for the grips.

- I had to use a dremel to grind off a little metal on the inside of the frame to allow for sear clearance.

Not too much more... it was well worth it as it is by far the best single trigger mag frame out there.

- 45 grip

- Shortest aftermarket pull (same pull as stock mag frame)

- much better than a Benchy

- built in trigger stop

Single trigger frame - DYE is the best
Double trigger frame - AGD Intelli Frame is the best

:)

BajaBoy
06-25-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke

Single trigger frame - DYE is the best
Double trigger frame - AGD Intelli Frame is the best

i have to agree with that. but Headshot what do u want a single or double? If u said it already sry, i didnt catch it

slushee
06-25-2003, 12:03 PM
I purchased a DYE black two finger trigger frame.

I had a carbon fiber AGD grip with a SP two finger trigger installed.

This is my story.....

I removed the trigger from the AGD frame (which was already off the marker) .. and when I tried slippin it in the DYE frame, the little chunk of metal that is part of the safety for the trigger wouldn't allow it to slide in. I had to take a SMALL section of that off with a dremel tool.

After that, I slid in the trigger into the DYE frame and used a vice to get the pin in to hold the trigger to the frame.

After that, I pulled out my brand new dye side plates and screwed them in with no problems ...

So whatever problems Dye was having with the frames, they have since fixed most of them

And let me tell you how sweet the trigger pull is now ;)

automagking182
06-25-2003, 04:21 PM
cool. get a dye frame. the only reason im sayin this is because i think u should get watever u are comfortable with using. if u like the way they look over an i-frame then i suggest u get one. i u get one and dont like it, sell and get an intelliframe.

Jonesie
06-25-2003, 07:07 PM
One word: Warranty.

The Benchy and the iFrame are the only frames that do not void the warranty on a Mag. Should you have any problems with the gun, AGD will require you to place an approved frame on the gun before sending it to them, as per their warranty statement.

Jonesie

SpecialBlend2786
06-26-2003, 02:45 AM
I had a dye frame but didn't like it too much. First of all, it comes with pretty muc nothing. second, i noticed alot of side-to-side movement of the trigger. maye mine was just screwed up or something, but i got a AGD frame instead, and thats just perfect for me. try the dye frame out somewhere before you buy it.

Jack & Coke
06-26-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by SpecialBlend2786
I had a dye frame but didn't like it too much. First of all, it comes with pretty muc nothing. second, i noticed alot of side-to-side movement of the trigger. maye mine was just screwed up or something, but i got a AGD frame instead, and thats just perfect for me. try the dye frame out somewhere before you buy it.

That's funny... my DYE frame has the SAME EXACT side-to-side play as my AGD Intelli Frame.:rolleyes:

Gee, I wonder why?

Hmmm.... Could it be because the internal width of the trigger well is the same for both frames? Or maybe, could it be because I'm using the SAME EXACT AGD TRIGGER and AGD PIN that came stock on my mag?

I'm looking at my two mags right now (one DYE frame, the other is an AGD Intelli frame), and they have the SAME EXACT amount of side-to-side trigger play!

ShooterJM
06-26-2003, 09:44 AM
I have a dye frame and love it. Great trigger pull and looks sweet. No machining required, side to side play is standard and I had no problems screwing in the grips. The warrenty thing might bother me, but my valve is pre-star so it's out of warrenty anyway. ;)