PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty choosing future 'gun... ALL HELP APPRECIATED!

OldSchoolMag
09-01-2001, 07:30 PM
Well, it's time to get the next in the series of markers, and I've narrowed it down to two final choices. When judging these things, please, judge by A) price, B)ease of completion of the set, and C) (most importantly) performance!!! Thanks for all your help!

Set #1 --
Mini Mag Body and general parts
ReTro Valve
'Mag Pump Kit (Non Operational - front grip, mainly)
Gas-Through-Grip
New AGD handle w/dye Stickies (when available)
Freak Barrel System
Warp Feed

Set #2 --
RT Pro
New AGD handle w/dye Stickies (when available)
Freak Barrel System
Warp Feed

The problem I'm worried about with Set #1 is compatability, and are the parts going to act well together as compared to the RT Pro out of box. Also, I like the idea of having a front grip, but have never really played with one. Please, help me out!!!

------------------
68 Classic w/Powerfeed
Smart Parts Magic Box Installed on A.I.R.
Green Small Bore All American 12"
KAPP Air Through Grip & Drop Foward
67ci 3000psi Chubby Nitro
9volt VL
AGD user for life

Load SM5
09-01-2001, 08:18 PM
Well considering an RT pro is about $125 more than a mini and a retro-valve is $225-$250 I'd just get the Pro and save a little money for paint.

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

Arturus
09-01-2001, 08:45 PM
Go with the RT-Pro. They're both essentially the same gun, a mag with an RT valve.

Difference is the RT-Pro was directly produced and manufactured by ADG techs, where as the mini-mag you'll be the one installing the parts (RT valve).

Forgot exactly where I read it (it was in this forum), but the RT Pro over any mag with a self-installed retro valve will always have a slight advantage in terms of performance and so forth.

Also I believe it'll be cheaper for you in the end with the setup you've described. Enjoy whichever marker you decide on!

------------------
RT Pro - Chrome Powerfeed Right
Armageddon 68/4500
KAPP Chrome Apoc Drop Forward
12 vt Revolution
Lapco Aluminum Autospirit 12"

[This message has been edited by Arturus (edited 09-01-2001).]

DarkPhoenix
09-02-2001, 12:13 AM
I agree with the others, the RT Pro is definitely the way to go. If you wait a little, future RT Pros will be manufactured with the intelliframe and sticky grips already installed.

------------------
RT Pro P/F
w/ AGD Flatline

OldSchoolMag
09-02-2001, 03:24 PM
I keep hearing Intelliframe - is this the new AGD grip frame, or an electric peripheral?

Arturus
09-02-2001, 03:39 PM
Intelliframe - New AGD Grip Frame.

------------------
Armageddon 68/4500
12 vt Revolution

OldSchoolMag
09-02-2001, 03:43 PM
That spiffy little thing with the blade trigger option shown in the prototype forums, you mean? Ahh... that'd be awesome stock, but I highly doubt it will happen. It'd make more sense to sell it as an upgrade, to me. But...

------------------
68 Classic w/Powerfeed
9volt VL
AGD user for life

magmanpaintball
09-02-2001, 04:17 PM
If you have that kind of money screw the freak and get a e-mag.

------------------
68 automag classic
chrome p/f body
14inch pmi ceramik barrel
Lapco Bigshot
68 4500 psi nitro duck tank

OldSchoolMag
09-02-2001, 04:43 PM
Actually, I'd considered gettin' an E-Mag, but I don't want an electric 'gun. It seems to me that it'd take away from the skill required by and the feel that is given by the semi-auto. Plus, that's like $300 more, and a freak is just $225~.

2UnREal
09-02-2001, 04:58 PM
LOL! The freak is _JUST_ $225? I wish I had that much money. I would have a retrovalve in my gun. Or atleast a warpfeed.

OldSchoolMag
09-02-2001, 05:01 PM
JUST 225 as compared to the 300+ E-Mag upgrade, to which I'd STILL upgrade the barrel. 375+ to 225 qualifies a JUST in my book. Also, I've dug through trash for a quater - don't think I'm onna dem supah rich folkas. I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that but... well, let's face it - this sport caters to the rich. Most people I know scrape for the spare change to play the game, and others play the game and have cash left over to buy an angel or two.

2UnREal
09-02-2001, 05:16 PM
Why don't you just buy a LAPCO Bigshot and Lapco Autospirit? Then you have a small bore and a med. bore barrel. Plus, These barrels look great and shoot great too. You would save a hundred or so dollars. Think about it.

------------------
Counting Coup

Load SM5
09-02-2001, 05:35 PM
Hey let the guy spend his money where he wants. Freaks are nice barrels; I love mine. If he wants to get one and have a mechanical trigger that's his prerogative.

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

OldSchoolMag
09-02-2001, 07:17 PM
Thanks Load, but as I said in my first post, I'm looking for all info;P
And I'm thinking Freak, because should I (it's bound to happen) buy another gun like an autococker, I could buy another back to the Freak, and it'd work on BOTH. Plus, those are just two bore sizes, and I'd rather have the best fitting bore out of 8 than the best out of 2.

------------------
68 Classic w/Powerfeed
9volt VL
AGD user for life

Load SM5
09-02-2001, 10:00 PM
Ok, I've been schooled http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

Do you shoot differents types of paint often, or do you shoot the same brand almost all the time? If you are shooting the same bore size all the time then you don't need a freak. You could buy a barrel for your mag and the another barrel if you get a cocker for cheaper than a freak. A freak is good if you don't know where your paint is coming from from one day to the next or, it's so humid, like it is here, that your paint swells like a balloon over the course of a day. If you want a good barrel for the brand of paint your using I recommend BOA barrels. Custom barrels in the bore size of your choice with different finishes and not too much porting.

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

Arturus
09-03-2001, 01:19 AM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by OldSchoolMag:
That spiffy little thing with the blade trigger option shown in the prototype forums, you mean? Ahh... that'd be awesome stock, but I highly doubt it will happen. It'd make more sense to sell it as an upgrade, to me. But...

</font>

Actually I believe it was Tom(AGD) himself who said the new RT Pro will be shipped with the Intelliframe as stock. http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Armageddon 68/4500
12 vt Revolution

gmag
09-03-2001, 08:39 AM
I would go with the minimag setup. It gives your marker a more customized look, rather than showing up at the field and standing next to a guy with the same RT Pro. They're going to have virtually the same performance, so it's just a choice of style and preference. Both setups are good, though.

2UnREal
09-03-2001, 12:02 PM
I like custom looks more than mass produced looks.

------------------
Counting Coup

http://teamhierarchy.homestead.com/home.html
http://teamhierarchy.homestead.com/home.html

OldSchoolMag
09-03-2001, 04:24 PM
First - I live in Texas. Humidity is my middle name. Sorta. Also, I play all three aspects (Scenario, Rec, and Tourny) of paintball, so I don't even know what FIELD I'm at from day to day. Also, I use any type of paint, so the Freak really appeals to me for those reasons.

Second - Don't get me wrong, I love customized as much as the next guy, but why risk having something customized that shoots bad (as part of user error, installing something, etc) as aposed to that mass-produced marker that we swear by?

Just a thought.

------------------
68 Classic w/Powerfeed
9volt VL
AGD user for life