PDA

View Full Version : do you see a problem w/ this?

spydervenom
06-24-2003, 12:49 PM
heres the deal.
i run svcustoms. there are 2 people, me and my machinist. I do all the publicizing(sp?) and ideas and a few of the designs.

i wanted to sell some aftermarket bodies for timmies since currently there are none at all. you can't buy a timmy body anywhere.

i came up with a couple designs and people didn't really like them. i offered people money or a good deal on their body if they submitted a good design that i would make. i made a poll to see what the people wanted.

http://www.muthagoose.com/teamfiction/images/mini_dead.gif
that design was submitted to me and people loved it, i loved it so thats the body that won. i edited it a little and then sent it to my machinist to do the cnc coding so we could start making them.

i pay for everything. i pay for the materials, the labor and anything else. i have to buy the bodies so that they can be sold to the public. i think i deserve a small bit of money. so far with all my other stuff i havent made any money.

people seem to have a problem with this. apparently i am sitting on my butt doing nothing and making out like a bandit. and now even though the designer of that body(cut and paste off a reflex cocker) is saying that i stole the desing and i never showed the benefits of submitting the body.

what do you think?

Halliday
06-24-2003, 01:28 PM
What did you promise, if anything, to the winner of the body design submission? Fame, glory, money or nothing?

I don't see any problem with producing Timmy bodies, unless they are somehow copywrited to patented.

"i offered people money or a good deal on their body if they submitted a good design that i would make."

Give him some money if that's what you promised.

Meph
06-24-2003, 01:28 PM
What's the problem, the person who submitted that design is now complaining you stole it?

I think that's what I got from that.

But any ways, as long as you can show some proof of the 'contest' and how he submitted that voluntarily. Then he really doesn't have much to say.

As for the Body itself, yes. It's a DYE cocker "ripoff." Personally I think it's nothing special or original, but then again I'm not your potential customer. If they are the ones that like it that's who's opinion really matters. And since you said they raved at it, then go for it.

He submitted it voluntarily. Not sure why now he's getting all hissy about it.

FalconGuy016
06-24-2003, 01:41 PM
Did he not know it was so you could make them?

spydervenom
06-24-2003, 01:43 PM
well people dont see how i am doing anything and i think they are pissed because they want to do the same thing.
and on top of that the "designer" said that i never told him and that he would take me to court. personally i believe that its just internet-toughguy stuff.

i planned on cutting him the deal when he bought the body. he wanted to buy one anyways.

and if he didn't realize that i was taking the picture to poll to see if people wanted that then he must not've been very bright.

Spaceman613
06-24-2003, 01:48 PM
Unless the designer is DYE, i wouldnt worry... Its heavily influenced by the dye cocker, so he didnt really "design" anything. He looks to be just a photoshopper

Meph
06-24-2003, 01:48 PM
Ha, right.

He'll take you to court for the rights to something he stole to begin with! Haha.

I hope he does take you. Just so the judge can laugh in his face and force him to pay the court fees for being that slow.

He won't. He's trying to be a tough badass over the internet.

adam shannon
06-24-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Meph
Ha, right.

He'll take you to court for the rights to something he stole to begin with! Haha.

it worked for bill gates! didnt he steal windows from zerox and apple.

Twisted Greed
06-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Not sure about windows, but Gates basically stole MS dos from some guy then gave him a crappy deal and the guy lost out while Mr. Gates wound up making 63 billion.

Automaggin2
06-24-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Twisted Greed
Not sure about windows, but Gates basically stole MS dos from some guy then gave him a crappy deal and the guy lost out while Mr. Gates wound up making 63 billion.

didnt bill gates buy the DOS operating system? I dunno if thats considered stealing.

And why all the dye parts? DYE is over rated. And yeah, as soon as i saw that picture i knew it was made from a dye reflex

spydervenom
06-25-2003, 07:09 AM
its not like i would've used all of those dye parts since i'm only making the body. and some of them dont even exist.

btw. i think i'm going to put this project to the side because white wolf told me he was planning on doing bodies, but waiting for me.

JAM
06-25-2003, 08:17 AM
SV- you're fine on one acount- I don't remember you ever offering money or anything.

and on onaother point, that body is a straight DYE ripoff- whoever "designed" it has got a lot of balls to talk about court and all that... what did he do? cut and paste. I got a great idea for a timmy, I call it the "Dragonis" and I cut and pasted a Dragon so that it's head is towards the back of the gun- oh and if anyone makes it, I'll sue them... come on, get over yourself (not you SV, the other guy).

If someone creates something truly original then they have some claim to it, but if I take my car and call it a Honda "Civik"... get real.