PDA

View Full Version : Breaking balls in my E-Mag

tjussery
08-30-2001, 09:22 PM
I have recently bought an E-Mag and I am having a hard time with breaking balls in the barrel, especially when rapid shooting. As far as I know the paint is fresh and I also changed brands (marbs, steelballs, slams). I am wondering if I have some internal problem. I keep my input pressure at 700, and fps around 280. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Load SM5
08-30-2001, 09:53 PM
If they are actually breaking in the barrel you should check the barrel nubbins. They may be bent in too far and you might be slicing the paint.

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

Eisaak
08-30-2001, 10:05 PM
your problem is your FPS is to high. The E-Mag should be set between 260 and 270 at the most. I have mine at 260 anything over 275 and I blow balls. Every time I get greedy on my FPS I break balls. Plus the Specs I've read say 260 to 270..... and that's all I have to say about that.

------------------
"I am the adversary."
-Eisaak (me)-

ralicea
08-30-2001, 11:21 PM
First I would check the nubbin...been there. Then I would check paint to barrel bore.

Russ
08-31-2001, 07:00 AM
Check where the feed tube attaches to the body. Make sure there are no sharp edges/burrs at the intersection. If so, then carefully de-burr. If the paint is breaking in the barrel, see if there are sharp edges on the muzzle break (if you have a stock barrel, that is)

Set the velocity at 260-270? Where did you get that info? It's a Tourny grade gun. It should handle 300fps with no probs...

------------------
Micro E-Mag in Wild Tiger ~ Conquest 88/4500 ~ PTP Warp Feed
Spyder TL+ ~ LP ~ eLCD ~ AGD Flatline ~ Warp Feed

FeelTheRT
08-31-2001, 08:53 AM
Since the E-Mag has an RT valve, you would have to do the speical RT chronoing technique.

you MUST switch your gun to M mode and take a shot and hold the trigger. That shot did not count BTW. Now put your barrel over the chornograph and release, fire, and hold trigger as fast as possible. Keep doing so until a ref or whoever is watching teh chrono says your ok.

FeelTheRT
08-31-2001, 08:54 AM
Either that or turn your presure down to 400psi.

RobAGD
08-31-2001, 09:47 AM
Like I have said before. You shoudl be able to shoot 300fps with no problems unless you are using a very bad paint to barrel match. I shoot Hellfire Imperial and Ultra Evil and didnt have a single problem with ball breaks in my gun.

I chrono on at 290-295 if I am in a back spot and 285 if I am more up front.

Eisaak you need to look at other things for your problem.

-Robert

Eisaak
08-31-2001, 08:27 PM
Dear RobAGD,
Even the manual says that 270 to 280 gives best performance. I don't break balls any other time..... except when I am using the wrong bumper. :-) What can it be? I have used different barrels, oil, no oil. Anything over about 285 and I start blowing balls. The only thing that makes my E-Mag act naughty is more air....... I am not saying you are wrong. I just want to know what I should be looking for. I would love to shoot 299.9 FPS.

------------------
"I am the adversary."
-Eisaak (me)-

[This message has been edited by Eisaak (edited 08-31-2001).]

Load SM5
08-31-2001, 08:56 PM
Last game I playedthey allowed 300 fps max. I set mine around 290 +/- with no chops or accuracy problems.

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

Vil3
08-31-2001, 09:12 PM
the e-mag chops no matter what you have warp 12v or ricochet. It chops because the feeders cant keep up with it

But when the Halo comes out youll be good

------------------
Black Powder E-Mag (right Powerfeed)
Dye Boomstick 14"
Kapp Dropforward
NitroDuck 68ci 3000psi
WDP Lok Sok (Grey)
12v Rev
www.geocities.com/viil3/Team.html (http://www.geocities.com/viil3/Team.html) (my Team Site)
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Vil3/Dsc000212.jpg

Load SM5
08-31-2001, 09:47 PM
That's when a little thing call discipline comes in. Just back off the trigger a hair. Really, 6 balls will nicely do the job of 12 http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

RobAGD
08-31-2001, 10:49 PM
I do nothing special other than gas the gun up and oil it every day I play.

You get your best PERFORMANCE at 285 ish menaing better accuracy typically. The faster you pust a sphere teh more unstable the air flow behind it becomes, reducing accuracy.

Like I said I never saw the low side of 290 at AC and never had a problem.

What paint are you using and what barrels...

do you have the correct Power Feed plug ? Do you have it set right ?

Are you shooting faster than the loader can feed ?

Are you playing in Hybrid mode ?

-Robert

Eisaak
08-31-2001, 11:16 PM
Hi Rob, thanks for the response.
1. I use two paints 32 degree competition and PMI premium
2. I use two different barrels 14" SS DYE and a 12" SS Smart Parts
3. I am using the plug that came with my E-Mag/Warp Feeder.... there is only one way to put it in, I think. http://www.automags.org/ubb/biggrin.gif
4. I shoot three rounds at a time only. bang bang bang ( that's all a good player needs kids! And that's coming from your Uncle Eisaak, so you know it's good! )
5. I only use E-mode because I love the way the trigger feels! Man is it sweet!
6. I use fresh batteries every time I use the warp feeder ( I have to ) and I have a 12v revvie.
7. I have a warp body... v1.37 firmware

So Rob..... don't know what else to tell ya.

------------------
"I am the adversary."
-Eisaak (me)-

Dude
08-31-2001, 11:46 PM
What? 260fps? That's redicuulous, no one would buy them if they could only shoot that fast.

RobAGD
09-01-2001, 10:10 PM
First off 32 Comp blows monkey *** .

I have had problems with PMI Premium breaking down barrel ( PMI Perfect and All A 12" ) But I am only seeing 3-5 breaks in the barrel and none in the PF.

Try some Team Colors San Fran or Washington or Marb

There are some adjustments to the PF plug that can help/hender feeding.

-Robert

vertices
09-02-2001, 07:23 PM
I had lots of chopping problems with my E-mag/Warp.

I solved all problems by using a 12 volt regulator in the warp with 2 9volts. As well as adjusting the powerfeed plug a little. Now I have no chops even during fairly long strings of GETTIN ON IT. Anyone with a warp should do the 12 volt mod. If use 2 9 volts and a regulator you stay at a full 12 volts for a long time b4 you got to switch batteries.

Oh yeah........I also just went through 2 cases of Great American PBalls. Yes I said Great American and only chopped 1 ball.

[This message has been edited by vertices (edited 09-02-2001).]

Eisaak
09-02-2001, 07:52 PM
RobAGD:
Not much I can do about my paint..... In Colorado it is field paint only, at least it is at the fields I play at. I did make the adjustment to the PF plug and that has seemed to help. I am slowly moving up to 300fps but I am taking it one small turn at a time.
Thanks for all your help.

------------------
"I am the adversary."
-Eisaak (me)-

tjussery
09-02-2001, 09:12 PM
Thanks to all for your help with my problem of ball breaks! I feel like it was a combination of problems that lead to ball breaks for me: 1- I adjusted the wire nubbins outward a little (which I fell like was the main problem)and slowed down my rate of fire a good bit. I have a ricochet, but it still can't keep up. Just finished playing "Red Dawn" scenario game in Lake View, SC and did not have one ball break! Thanks again to all for your help!

krasher
09-03-2001, 01:45 PM
If you want something that will keep up with your mag, check the videos on this page out. Just saw these, OMG is all I can say http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif
http://www.odysseypaintball.com

tjussery
09-03-2001, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the info on the loader! It ROCKS!!!