PDA

View Full Version : Just got my mimimag, wanted to thank everyone for not steering me wrong.

Coal-Cracker
06-25-2003, 08:24 AM
Just wanted to post and thank everyone for the advice. Over the past few weeks I posted a couple of questions regarding my concerns about buying a mag.
Well, I received my minimag in the mail yesterday. Immediately, I was impressed by the obvious quality and time put into making this marker. Gassed it up, and was actually happy with how it shot out of the box - no chops and could actually pull "relatively" fast. There was a test-fire/chrono tape enclosed with the readings - only a .7 difference from the lowest to the highest f.p.s. in a 3 shot string! Granted, it is not "high-end", but I am satisfied it will serve me well on the field. The instruction manual was helpful and the video (cough...how about a DVD, Tom?...cough) was incredibly useful in helping me to have a good understanding of the marker. Wonder why "other, more complicated markers" don't offer this? Hmmmm....
Have this sneaking suspicion that this will end up replacing my 'Cocker as my primary marker. lol.
So now the "accesorizing" begins. Let's see I already have a PMI gas-thru, need a drop, new barrel, maybe an Intelliframe (I'm used to hinges on a 'Cocker), LvlX when it proves to be necessary......

Again, Thanks guys for not steering me wrong.
Coal-Cracker

jaylock33
06-25-2003, 08:37 AM
Glad your happpy with the gun. I hope it continues to serve you well!!

AGD
06-25-2003, 08:50 AM
Congrats Coal and welcome to the forum!

AGD

silentdeath55
06-25-2003, 08:55 AM
I got my minimag about 10 months ago and was also extremely happy with it. I would go for the lvl 10 right away. It's a relativly cheap upgrade and will keep you in the game. Have fun with the new gun.

SG Avenger
06-25-2003, 10:10 AM
I mad the Mag VS Cocker decision back in early 98'. I'm so glad I chose to get a Minimag, I still use it to this day as my primary Marker.

I was even thinking, would I trade it for an E-mag? probably not.