PDA

View Full Version : FoxSports: Fusion TV paintball review.

Skoad
06-25-2003, 11:59 AM
Well the show is an hour long, the first 30 minutes was all surfing crap. Then after a commercial break they came back with the paintball part. They showed a little game action then talked to some of the people watching, asking them what they liked about paintball.

Next they had little interviews with all the Dynasty guys and how they were all living together. Then they cut back to Dynasty getting the flagpull to win.

Last part was a little "tech" corner part of the show where they show the newer technology of the sport. They showed some JT goggles, jersey, gloves, pants, and slide shorts.

And.....that was it. It was in all about 7 minutes long and very boring, and much like the "Splatterfactor" show it wasn't worth getting up at 11 am to watch.

I wonder if any kind of decent paintball show could ever be made.

-=Squid=-
06-25-2003, 12:19 PM
I have heard that most of the dynasty players are homosexual...not trying to start a flame war, most likely some lame rumor, but it doesnt seem to odd, they all live togethor, they always hug and crap, in one of there pics two of them are sitting in one another laps...any input AO army?

Meph
06-25-2003, 12:26 PM
Squid. C'mon. Think before you post, man. That kind of crap really doesn't exactly belong here, go to a Dynasty thread. "Not trying to start a flame war" yeah okay.

For Fusion TV. Beats me forgot to watch it. I had a feeling it was going to be just a quick blurb, nothing too grande. At least it's there, that's 7 extra minutes of some good exposure.

Duke Henry
06-25-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
I have heard that most of the dynasty players are homosexual...not trying to start a flame war, most likely some lame rumor, but it doesnt seem to odd, they all live togethor, they always hug and crap, in one of there pics two of them are sitting in one another laps...any input AO army?

Wow.

I can't believe you posted that.

I want this 20 seconds of my life back.

FalconGuy016
06-25-2003, 12:50 PM
lol I dont know what to say squid :)

Skoad
06-25-2003, 01:02 PM
it's on a few more times today, like 4pm central.

tvguide.com

Jonesie
06-25-2003, 01:06 PM

I missed the 11:00am EDT airing, but I think it comes on at 4:00pm as well, so I'll be checking it out.

Squid, you need to take that image out of your sig. You are definately as bad as Falcon, if not worse. That has NOTHING to do with this thread. :rolleyes:

Jonesie

TheTramp
06-25-2003, 01:49 PM
...any input AO army?

Yes...Thanks for you report on the "lame rumor." We all needed to read about which teams you think are homosexual.

Pballwizz
06-25-2003, 03:14 PM
I also heard Bob Long used to be a Woman;) LOL jk...jk

rehme
06-25-2003, 03:21 PM
what channel is this on fox sports or just fox.

i have digital cable so i will be able to find it.

Archangel Kid
06-25-2003, 03:27 PM
ummm ur gunna have to find someone in the same county as u :P... cause i no where i live its 76 on digi cable... and the pball part is on in like 2 mins w00

-=Squid=-
06-25-2003, 03:30 PM
Haha...this is great. Its not immature, and the 20 seconds of life, cmon, thats so overdone. Actually one of the mods on p8ntballer.com said something about it. He mentioned dynasty, and I didnt think that the topic required a whole thread. Also, my sig is a joke. Ask falconguy, were cool, get over yourself. Lol. Talk about overreacting to a stranger you know only through the internet ;) How about YOU think before you post! :D

http://www.manifestation.org/~ill/images/funny/best_thread_ever.gif

logamus
06-25-2003, 03:31 PM

i heard they gave each other sars.

rehme
06-25-2003, 04:47 PM
yeah preatty short and boring

TheJester
06-25-2003, 10:16 PM
you know, i love how squid has that sig image sayin falcon is a post whore, but i have yet to read 1 meaningful post by squid himself, he's 1 of the biggest whores on here i've seen...maybe i just don't look hard enough to read his meaningful stuff, then again, why should i have to look for it? and in terms of them being homosexual, what, you and your guys don't mess around while at the feild? some people may consider that "homosexual activity" and well if it's just a joke between you and him, and there's no hard feelings....not exactly the tone i get from this (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75706&perpage=20&pagenumber=1), i remember reading that and being quiet pissed about it when it 1st was posted

but anywho, back to the topic of this thread. yea, it was kinda lame and boring. i thought it would be cool that it was on at like normal hours, not some funky middle of the night stunt that happens alot.

DiRTyBuNNy
06-25-2003, 10:19 PM
hey...I thought I was king of the meaningless posts...here Squid...here's my crown **hands crown to Squid**

CFD323
06-25-2003, 10:52 PM
I saw it and thought it sucked. They showed so little actual playing that a non-playing person wouldn't even know what the hell was going on. The best thing I thought was the JT/Dynasty commercial that aired about 15-20 minutes into the program. It was a cool commercial.

-=Squid=-
06-25-2003, 11:53 PM
Good times. One meaningful post? Rarely do I just post jibber jabber, but whatever.

Spam Spam Spam.

mrhooie
06-26-2003, 12:13 AM
This is my take on it

Paintball on Fusion TV

Fusion TV is an hour long program dedicated to the adrenalin fueled world of action sports and the lifestyle of the people that make it happen. FUSION TV covers the hottest action sports, music, fashion, technology and the unbelievable skills of these irreverent thrill seekers

The show starts off with a little bit of funky music - good, not over the top. Interviews with spectators at Huntington Beach are done quite well, newbies just seeing the sport for the 1st time

The first part of the show is an explanation of the NPPL Super 7 while you see mostly Ton Ton and Dynasty players on the field as well as a lot of players demonstrating camaraderie and sportsmanship.

Great camera angles during game footage is a big bonus - again - Ton Ton and Dynasty players.

Ryan Greenspan with two or three goggle hits is filmed talking to the refs about a call he feels is bad while the narrator explains that the sport is very intense.

AN article about team Dynasty living together and playing together adds human interest to the piece.

THe last minute of the show is the finals between Ton Tons and Dynasty with not much footage at all.

Hot Paintball Technology comes to fill the last minute of show of the brief 5 minutes dedicated to the NPPL Huntington Beach event. Marcus Neilson from JT explains safety gear, while calling the lens in the goggle "tempered glass" as well as showing gloves, arm-pads, jerseys, pants and slide shorts

That was a wonderful 5 minutes. Could be longer - but I can understand it needs to serve the ADD nation that watches other extreme sports, like skateboarding, surfing and the like

All in all - better than the 30 mins Splatter Factor had, leaves you wanting more.

DjGruv
06-26-2003, 03:02 AM

Maybe you should try out for the team. :D

Frank (the spank)
06-26-2003, 03:49 AM
hahaha DjGruv

But if those are the facts.. all live together.. sit on eachothers laps.. work well as a "team" then.. yeah.. pretty gay, lol

Sure you can share an apartment with a buddy.. hug after a victoy.. but if my best friend didn't have a place to sit and he said "hey Frank can I sit on your lap?"

I'd have to jump kick him in the head and make him watch tractor pulling or somethin'.

edweird
06-26-2003, 04:48 AM
Well I was less than impressed......

Personally I wish I had the time to travel to random factorys and tourney after tourney with a scenario in here and there.... then we can rest assured that our beloved sport could be protrayed in the light it deserves.

not this "JT sponsored us so we are ONLY going to show their products and interview the team sponsored by them"

gah... if only I was blessed with this wonderful job

-=Squid=-
06-26-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by DjGruv

Maybe you should try out for the team. :D

Hats off to you, that was pretty good! :D

silentdeath55
06-26-2003, 09:13 AM
Damn it!!! I saw the beginning when they had an intro for the paintball stuff, and thought it was only a half hour long. So I turned it off after all the surfing crap, and missed the paintball part.

dansim
06-26-2003, 11:34 AM
wow.:eek:

GT
06-26-2003, 05:27 PM
I have heard that most of the dynasty players are homosexual...not trying to start a flame war, most likely some lame rumor, but it doesnt seem to odd, they all live togethor, they always hug and crap, in one of there pics two of them are sitting in one another laps...any input AO army? .

:rolleyes:

SpongeBobSquarePants
06-26-2003, 07:28 PM
It really sucked, it wasn't even worth staying up till 2 AM and watching all that surfing crap. I also wish they would have done Xball rather then NPPL. That is the way the sports going.

-=Squid=-
06-26-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

:rolleyes:

your point is? :D BTW, this is the same guy who made an *** of himself when he had a disagreement with a joke I cracked, which everybody else seemed to enjoy!

~WarpedRT#2~
06-26-2003, 08:52 PM
If I liked Dynasty at all, I might actually try to stick up for them. But no, I think sitting on each others lap a such is just wrong. And living together???? Where do their "girlfriends" come in, if they don't already consider each other their girlfriends? Very strange. I don't joke about being um, you know, that way, at all. I know it offends certain people, so I jsut don't do it. By playing around like that, i think you offend people. Not my mission in life.

Ultimator
06-26-2003, 10:25 PM
Holy god. I'm not talking about Squid here, but for all of you guys who actually think all of team Dynasty is gay, get a life. Maybe its just jealousy but come on. You're telling me if you played and pro and won an important game you would have a problem hugging your teammates? It was probably just a joke sitting in each other's laps.

Hahaha :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh btw until I see any of you winning most of the major tournaments held each year, I don't think any of you have the right to say anything.

GT
06-26-2003, 10:41 PM
your point is? :D BTW, this is the same guy who made an *** of himself when he had a disagreement with a joke I cracked, which everybody else seemed to enjoy!

Still cant seem to find the PM button squid? You should know where its at, I mean you do have a million posts.

Maybe one day when you grow up to be an adult and relise that talking like a big man on the net does not make you look cool. I have meet a million guys like you on the net from my various car boards.... all talk and no steam. Why you refuse to let the past die?

I dont understand why you believe it is in the best intrest of AO to post stuff like this? Butt the again I just made an *** of myself right?.... wtf ever.

again the pm button is located at the bottom of my post.

jb

-=Squid=-
06-28-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

Still cant seem to find the PM button squid? You should know where its at, I mean you do have a million posts.

Maybe one day when you grow up to be an adult and relise that talking like a big man on the net does not make you look cool. I have meet a million guys like you on the net from my various car boards.... all talk and no steam. Why you refuse to let the past die?

I dont understand why you believe it is in the best intrest of AO to post stuff like this? Butt the again I just made an *** of myself right?.... wtf ever.

again the pm button is located at the bottom of my post.

jb

Actually, im not acting tuff'. Lol. I am in fact being humorous about the ordeal "Mr. Serious." You have 1000 posts. Oh well.