PDA

View Full Version : Bolt sticking problem w/Hyperframe

Maverick
08-28-2001, 07:36 AM
I have a Level 7 68 Automag with a Hyperframe on it. With the exception of the centerflag on/off assembly which changes the on/off pin to a narrower pin, everything is stock. I have what would be discribed as classic bolt stick happening. I have a 220 powertube spacer in the powertube and if I go to a 225 I get a leak down the barrel. Shorter spacers don't seam to change anything (I still get the bolt stick). Centerflag told me to try a clear RT bolt bumper instead of the blue bumper from the level 7 mag but this did not correct the problem. I replaced the powertube o-ring and the sear (which was a little worn) but this did not correct the problem. The bolt is in good condition (no noticable wear). The bolt stick does not occur with every shot but does happen both during rapid fire and single shots although much more often during rapid fire. This problem did not occur when I first put the Hyperframe on my mag, it worked great for several months. Any ideas????

Maverick
08-28-2001, 11:47 PM
Just an FYI, I spoke with Centerflag today again about this problem and they said that I may need a longer on/off pin. They are sending me one free of charge in the mail. I'll let you all know how it goes when I get it.

Maverick
08-29-2001, 09:38 AM
OK. I have tried some more debugging of this problem. I put the stock grip frame back on my Mag with the original trigger rod on the new sear. I still get the same problem which eliminates the Hyperframe as the reason for this problem. The bolt still sticks and I get a leak down the barrel when it does. I have checked the on/off and cleaned and lubed the regulator spring pack and I still get the same problem. Please help, I'm out of ideas. http://www.automags.org/ubb/frown.gif

MagProphet
08-29-2001, 02:20 PM
This is a REAL LONG SHOT, but something like this happened to me recently. I had a leak down the barrel that I could not for the life of me figure out. I replaced all of the o-rings, oiled the gun, triple-checked everything in the power tube and still the problem persisted.

The problem wound up being my bolt. The internals of the bolt had broken at the solder points and was pushed forward (towards the breach). There is a rod inside the bolt that pushes back on the power tube. Since this was not making contact anymore (there should be a very small space between the blue spacer and the bolt caused by this rod), air was leaking around the bolt and down the barrel.

Like I said, this is a long shot, but if you've replaced everything back to its original state and checked all of the internals, then I would say definitely try a new bolt.

-= Michael

apache
08-29-2001, 02:58 PM
Check that your main spring is longer than the bolt. I started getting bolt stick when my main spring was worn down (it was only 5 mm or so longer than the bolt).

Dude
08-29-2001, 02:59 PM
Try using an Airgun Designes Bolt if your not using one already.

Maverick
08-30-2001, 01:46 PM
I put a new bolt spring in because my spring was definitely compressed down. This didn't fix my problem. I have also noticed that since I changed the sear the bolt has been getting worn while I have been debugging this problem. Before the new sear the bolt had no noticable wear. Now there are marks all around the bolt. Unfortunately I have only been able to find ANS Venturi bolts locally so if I wanted to get an AGD bolt I will have to order it. I am still waiting for the new longer on/off pin from centerflag to arrive. Thanks for the ideas and I'll let you know how it all works out.
BTW has anyone every sent their mag to Centerflag to get their Hyperframe set up properly? If so, how did it work out? Centerflag told me I could send it to them to diagnose and correct the problem and I just want to know if this is a good idea.

Maverick
09-03-2001, 09:24 PM
I received the new longer on/off pin and it seems to have done the trick. I still need to put a new bolt in to be 100% sure but I do not notice any new wear on the bolt and everything seems to be working fine after about 600-700 shots. I guess the real lesson here is that even if you get your Hyperframe working well, future maintenance to you marker may cause problems like I have had. Thanks to everyone for you help on this.

StressCrash
09-03-2001, 09:29 PM
But there is an even greater lesson here......nothing works as good as the origonal AGD parts http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif