PDA

View Full Version : Angel or Timmy

paintball_junkie
06-25-2003, 01:03 PM
Well Ive finally ahd enouhg problems with my autococker and im selling it.Ive narrowed it down to an angel or timmy, and of course Im gonna be gettin a used one. Well heres the other problem what type should i get of each? I know theres like angel lcds, leds, and speed. For the timmy I cant remember but in another thread everyone was sayin the calssic 2002. Last question once i get teh gun how hard are they to miantain?

I know you guys probally get tired of these threads but Ineed some help.

Rancid Milk
06-25-2003, 01:10 PM
I don't know much about timmies but angels are good, reliable guns. They are easy to maintain too. It really depends on your preference though. Also, how much are you wanting to spend? both of them have lower price (angels - LEDs and Timmies - Classics) and high price (Angel - IR3 and Timmies - Dragons or the new species)

It all really comes to preference, I like the feel of my angel more than my friends timmy, but thats just me.

Jeff

heftylefty
06-25-2003, 01:13 PM
i have a gz timmy and love it. very easy to maintain and works very well. angels are just the same. they are easy to maintain and shoot will too. i would take the timmy over an angel because it runs at a lower pressure and has an eye. angels(excluding the ir3 and speed) run at a higher pressure and doesnt have an eye(you can get one though). to me, it doesnt matter which angel you get, they all shoot the same. same with the timmy. but since you are buying it used, you can find really good deals on angel lcds; ranging from 550-800. ir3 are more expensive; ranging from 800-1500. the timmys are a little more expensive than the lcds; ranging from 650-1200. in the end, it is up to you on which gun you want to shoot.

paintball_junkie
06-25-2003, 01:13 PM
I dont really want to spend more than $800 for just a gun. I might go $900 if its a really good deal.

heftylefty
06-25-2003, 01:19 PM
you can find a really nice lcd for that price. can find some nice ir3s for that price also. if you look hard enough you can find gz timmys for 650(just found one for that price with a WAS board). you should post a thread at pbnation or here saying you have X amount of money and you want to get an angel or timmy. or something along that line.

Frank (the spank)
06-25-2003, 03:26 PM
I'm about to get an Angel Speed, but it will be a backup to my E-Mag. Not really a "backup" but as one of the guns i will shoot depending on my mood. If you want a reliable gun... go with an E-Mag. i got mine brand new.. after I tuned my lvl X (just had to go to a shorter spring) my E-mag has not had one problem! I just put paint in it and shoot.

All my friends shoot Speeds.. they have many issues with them. chopping... going full auto and blending half their hopper, simply not shooting.. really bad drop off..

Theses are all issues they worked out.. most of them happened when the guns were brand new. but my E-Mag has not had one problem and out of 10 cases I have NEVER chopped a ball.. about 2 breaks mid barrel.

But, if you want to tweak with the gun a little bit (not like a cocker) then go with the Angel Speed or IR3 or any Angel.. good guns from the tea drinkers :)

paintball_junkie
06-25-2003, 04:23 PM
Well I was kinda sold on timmys because they have the eye. But I was kinda concerned on the lenght of them. If someoen could measure one form end to end wiht barrel on, and list what size barrel they have. Also hows the E-mag compare to them?

lew
06-25-2003, 04:25 PM
How much for the Cocker?

paintball_junkie
06-25-2003, 04:26 PM
Ive already sold the cocker to a friend.

06-25-2003, 04:28 PM
Timmy-
Light
Easy to clean and maintain
Uses 9v so just pop a new battery in
Fast (but the Angel Speed Keeps up easy)
IMO it is more reliable than angels
Cocker barrels since you already owned a cocker it will make things easier and cheaper.

19 1/2 Inches with 12" Barrel
26 1/2 with Nitro duck 68/3 Tank with a shocktech drop.

This is a 2k2

heftylefty
06-25-2003, 04:31 PM
mine is 20 in. exactly with a 12 in. barrel.

elpimpo
06-25-2003, 04:32 PM
angels are god

SlipknotX556
06-25-2003, 06:09 PM
Timmy.

FeelTheRT
06-26-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
Timmy.
without a doubt... one of the most godly guns out there today.

FalconGuy016
06-26-2003, 08:41 AM
I would say go wiht a Timmy here

minimag187
06-26-2003, 10:17 AM
Ive owned an angel, and shot a timmy. I would say go for the timmy. I like both though.

mrkbik
06-26-2003, 02:28 PM
Why don't you just get a Viking? Amazingly nice guns...

SlipknotX556
06-26-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by FeelTheRT
without a doubt... one of the most godly guns out there today.

w0rd RT.

Originally posted by mrkbik
Why don't you just get a Viking? Amazingly nice guns...

Vikings are nice, my friends has one, it is good. But I dont think it is as good as a timmy. The viking unless you have a Halo B or eyes chops sometimes during long strings.

But the timmy is just the better choice. I own one, I love it to death, it has only let me down once, because the previous owner didnt know anything about it and has screwed it up pretty badly. But if you get a timmy new, just gas it up and be ready to rip.

joker4hire
06-26-2003, 03:29 PM
I say timmy.. hottest marker out (IMO) so if you don't like it, you can sell/trade it fast.