PDA

View Full Version : Is this bolt stick or a worn sear?

Eye_pecking_chicken
09-03-2001, 04:42 PM
ok to start off, I think that my gun may have been doing this since I bought it (new), but I thought that something was freezing. I use a 68ci bulldog adjustable , and Ihave a dye 2x frame on it (incase these could have coused me to have these problems). My sear appears to be worn, although I don't have a new sear to check it with, so I'm not sure. There is metel sticking out from the sides of the "sharp edge" of the sear witch looks more round then anything.
When I fire the gun a few shots will work fine, and others the bolt will stick out. When I hold the trigger down the air will stop leaking out of my barrel. If I pull the trigger two or three times it will snap out of it. I have tried a new spring, and that didn't make a bit of difference.
Is it normal for the sear to be worn that quickly? I've only shot about a case and a half through the gun. Would the spacer kit be the next thing to try? I have an rt heading to me in the mail right now, so I'm not too concerned about it, but this is going to become my backup gun, so I would like it in working condition before I put it away. Thanx for any help you give me. Oh, and do you think you could post a scan of a worn sear, and a good sear so I can see the difference? Thanx again!

mykroft
09-03-2001, 08:23 PM
Try the spacer, that's definitely bolt stick, if it was the sear you would see the bolt stop part way, and some sweet-spotting.

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mags:
CF11023, Classic Feed, 16" CP .689, 14" JnJ Stainless, Ring trigger, WGP Reg, Diamond Labs Ti Reg Adjuster.

VV00614(Valve)/VV00423(reg), Black Teflon HR Powerfeed, 16" SP AA,14" JnJ Ceramic, AGD Intelliframe Blade, Benchy Crossfire cradle/on-off, black foregrip, Macroline.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" R.A.Heinlein - 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'

BlackVCG
09-03-2001, 10:52 PM
Make sure that when the gun is gassed up the front of the trigger rod isn't pushing on the back of the trigger. Try a longer spacer when you get the PT spacer kit.