PDA

View Full Version : HELP, Electronics/ valve on BKO

Pony Boy314
06-25-2003, 02:32 PM
Well today I got my first cghance to take out my new bko that I got on sat. out on to a field. I had already tested the gun by just firing a couple shots in my backyard the day before. When I got to the field i set up my gear and dry fired to test again. It worked well so i left it at the table untill the 1st game. When it came time to play i heard a faint leak. Eventualy the leak grew to the piont that it emptied my entire 68ci air tank in about 2 mins. After that i took it to the airsmith to check it out. He looked at it and thought it was an internal leak possibly the valve. He said the only way to fix it was if i took the gun apart. Of course the smart thing to do wood b 2 leave it alone and have some1 else fix it but i attepted to do it myself. Well i tried to take apart the grip frame and ended up taking out 2 wires.(they were blue if that helps) So after i got home i contacted ICD where i bought it from and they said its not covered in the warranty:( Now if that isnt enough of a problem i have a tournament on Saturday!

So I have my problem,I have 2 broken wires, most likly a broken valve, no waranty, and a tourny on saturday.
In a worst case scenerio i use my model 98 as my tourny gun.

Anyway you can help is much appreciated,
Pony Boy
TEAM TREMOR

Drizit
06-25-2003, 05:49 PM
look for a place to connect those wires, once you get the electronices up and running again they should warranty a bad valve, however if your input pressure was too high you may have cooked the solonoid. good luck with that though.

Pony Boy314
06-26-2003, 07:37 PM
Hey thanks for the help. I found the connector where the wires were and my dad soldered them back into place. As far as i can see right now the solinoid isnt fried but I dont know what to look for. I dont know if it'll be up and runnin before the tourny cause Action Village lost my air tank and i need it to test it. Thanks again

misfit
06-27-2003, 03:02 PM
did you read the instruction manual, the bko has an over pressure relief valve on the solinoid so you dont blow it if you dont have your reg set correctly, check to make all you fittings are air tight, then adjust the regs according to the book

Drizit
06-28-2003, 01:05 PM
that must be new, because i've seen bushies get blown that way. and the way you know if you blew the solinoid is it will leak like crazy and not fire.

Pony Boy314
07-01-2003, 01:33 PM
I played the tourny w/ my friends mag. I still have my bko sitting on my table tho. I read where it talks about the relief valve is, but how do i adjust it if i need the tank in. Should i jus hook it up and adjust the regulater while its leaking? my problem is that i'm tryin to be careful with it as to not screw it up more.
Thanks