PDA

View Full Version : ule trigger question....forgive me i've been out of the loop

triggerman
06-25-2003, 06:44 PM
I'm in the army and haven't got a chance to see or hear how the the trigger works. what are the pros and cons of it. I tried to do a search but got limited results the best i know it will only work with x valves.

Cryer
06-25-2003, 06:51 PM
Welcome back.
Pro's:
Makes the trigger on any mechanical mag around 15 ounces. Almost comparable to the Emag's 8-ounce stock trigger pull. The intelliframe's pull is like 3 pounds.:eek:
Inexpensive. Between $50-$70
"drop-in" upgrade. Simply replace the on/off components.
In TK's words: "this is part of a much bigger picture"

Con's:
Fragile. The on/off pin is slighty wider than a pencil lead and will bend extremely easily.
Compatibility. It will only work with your valve if you have 2 orings at the top of you on/off assembly.
Reduced reactivity. It was causing runaway, so they reduced the reactivity.

Also Now that the forum have been redesigned, all the pertinant info is posted in the "AGD Prototype Lab" link in the resources drop-down menu up top.

jaylock33
06-25-2003, 06:53 PM
If you go to the top of the site and click where it says resources and then select Prototype Lab it will link you to a page with all the tech updates going on right now.

QUINCYMASSGUY
06-25-2003, 06:58 PM
Hey, happy to help but I definitely recommend searching a little more, tons out there to tell you about it, a video is around too.

But thank you for serving our country, I don't agree with what we're doing cause I think Mr. Bush is making it too personal and doing it for his interests, not ours, but I will always support our troops and appreciate what you do to keep our freedoms and way of life. Thank you for standing up and fighting for our freedoms.

The basics of the trigger:
About a 15 ounce pull, minimal if any reactivity which has led to an issue called "chuffing" which is basically where you don't release the trigger enough and the next shot is very underpressured. So the ball goes into the barrel and sticks there and you can imagine what ball #2 being fired will do to that one. Because of this it almost went out of production but AGD is continuing with it and it's supposed to only "chuff" when you try to fan or walk the trigger (in other words shoot real fast and lose your timing).

Supposed to be out mid-july, details on how it works are super-secret right now but it involves tuning like the Lvl10 and has shims for something. Thats all most people know right now but keep your eyes out, more info most likely after the 4th of July when Tom Kaye returns from vacation.

Hope this helps!