PDA

View Full Version : Mini ULE's... Why not?

GhillieGuy
06-25-2003, 07:59 PM
I dont know about the rest of you, but iv'e always loved the venting on the minimag body's. So my question is how come Tom wont make any ule bodys with the minimag venting? I'm not ready to give up my mini body until there is a mini ule. I mean, it would be the same as the ule's now but just a little longer and with venting on it.

ICOM
06-25-2003, 08:00 PM
Not enough buyers, Adds more weight? i have no idea

GhillieGuy
06-25-2003, 08:01 PM
The weight i dont really think would make a differense at all. Like a few more grams is all.

Mobius V
06-25-2003, 08:06 PM
yea, they should my ULE's with the minimag style, thats one of the reasons I got a mini is because it looked way cooler the the 68 Classics, I mean i would've gotten a RT Pro but I just didn't have to funds:p they should also offer green as a color choice too! I know you can buy a raw one and do it yourself but the convienience (<--I know I didn't spell that rght) is always nice.

MoBiLe
06-25-2003, 08:39 PM
id buy one of those ULE mini bodies if they came out w/ one
that would look nice on an emax:D
the current ULE body is just so plain to me
like the old automag bodies

GhillieGuy
06-25-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by MoBiLe
id buy one of those ULE mini bodies if they came out w/ one
that would look nice on an emax:D
the current ULE body is just so plain to me
like the old automag bodies
that is true..

Lohman446
06-25-2003, 09:05 PM
I always liked my mini because I felt when I was pushing the gun tight on a bunker I couldnt push too much on the barrel - though theres so much clearance (now that I look closely considering this) that I doubt it makes much difference

stebs
06-25-2003, 09:43 PM
Speaking of ULE bodies anybody know official date for the warp ULE's. I thought they were at the anodizer like a couple weeks ago.

Jerhew
06-25-2003, 11:35 PM
actually i thought of this when i sold my mini body for a ule...

i bet it'd just end up costing more to do and demand just isn't high enough
also it'd take away from it being ultralight...

besides AGD has enough unfinished projects as it is... :p

Mobius V
06-25-2003, 11:39 PM
why would it take away the ultralightness its only a little bit longer maybe add a couple grams at the most...

GhillieGuy
06-25-2003, 11:40 PM
yeah, i shure as heck couldnt tell the differense..

Frank (the spank)
06-25-2003, 11:45 PM
cause it looks retarded.

"oooh I have a mini sub machine tommy gun stupid thing that shoots paintballs so I can play Army guy and stuff"

I have a good collection of firearms.. i don't want another firearm... I want a paintball gun, not a paintball gun that looks like one of my firearms.

Mobius V
06-25-2003, 11:50 PM
chill out man... its just personal preference, me and ghillieguy like the idea of a minimag style ULE and you don't you don't have to be a jerk about it... sorry if I came off to be a jerk by saying this but thats not what was intended

Lopy-slopy
06-26-2003, 01:38 AM
Does it make it function any better? I realy don't see the need for it if all it does is look cool in the eye's of some people(not mine).
jerhew is right, AGD has so many things on it's plate right now that another thing would just over load them. IMO they shouldn't start anything new until they get all the things they have promised out and into steady serculation.

kenshinkandon
06-26-2003, 07:13 AM
The ULE bodies were supposed to be customized by players when AGD came out with the ULE body they had no intention of having to cut and anno the body it was put out so that individuals could do that themselves.

I doubt you will see a differrent design ULE body anytime soon unless you buy a raw one and do it yourself.

paintballbeaver
06-26-2003, 08:13 AM
i think the large problem is it would be a design flaw, becasue its aluminum and if you have a long extension out past the rail (especialy if you have slots in it) your risking bending and breaking. Of the aluminum not allowing barrels to fit in. but thats just the way i look at it

FalconGuy016
06-26-2003, 08:21 AM
It would be cool, but its not going to happen. Dont even try, there are so many more important things to go on first

silentdeath55
06-26-2003, 09:40 AM
I think the whole idea of the ULE was to try and immitate the E-Mag body, only make it vert feed and a **** load lighter. They won't come out with a mini ULE, although it would be a unique upgrade.

dansim
06-26-2003, 11:26 AM
i would love a miniule body....that would r0x0r

rhcp377
06-26-2003, 11:34 AM
i would buy one so fast. but yea there is a lot more important stuff to be dealt with first. But we can keep our fingers crossed.

GhillieGuy
06-26-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Frank (the spank)
cause it looks retarded.

"oooh I have a mini sub machine tommy gun stupid thing that shoots paintballs so I can play Army guy and stuff"

I have a good collection of firearms.. i don't want another firearm... I want a paintball gun, not a paintball gun that looks like one of my firearms.
Get out of my thread unless you have something positive to say. Who in the heck said anything about a real gun? No one.. think the next time you say something jerk.

Mobius V
06-26-2003, 06:33 PM
Look there's ton's of demand we got five people that want them! :p

MoBiLe
06-26-2003, 06:50 PM
i wish agd would come out w/ one
but i relly doubt it
paintballbeaver made a good point regarding the aluminum bending and breaking
but i sure wish that the ule wouldnt look so plain
if they did come out w/ a mini-ule it would be functional because, well its still a ule:D

Frank (the spank)
06-26-2003, 06:58 PM
lol GhillieGuy

Yeah... 5 people want 'em.. and I bet if everyone that wants them sounds off we'll have like... 10! of course 3 will actually buy them if AGD puts them out.

what is the point of the minimag? vents so you don't burn your hand on the barrel after a long burst of fire? It's lame.. really.. REALLY.. lame.. just like splash anno's and milling that makes your gun look like a dragon.

It's just personal taste? Well I think you have poor taste. Just like the retards that paint their Honda Civic's yellow, put neon lights around it, a BIG non-functional hood scoop and weld a big park bench on their trunk. It serves no purpose, it's just decoration. I want my guns to be functional and look good, not decorated like a fruit basket. Do you look at your mag and say "I want to decorate my gun", do your brag to your friends that you have a sweet decorated mag? Doesn't sound so cool when you put it like that, huh? But thats all the mini mag is.. a decorated mag. That's MY opinion, you think my opinion sucks and I think yours sucks. If you can't take a little towel whipping then get out of the locker room.

Sheeesh.. I have nothing against you, I just didn't sugar coat my reply to your post and you get all offended, god man lighten up.

pito189
06-26-2003, 08:26 PM
Yeah... 5 people want 'em.. and I bet if everyone that wants them sounds off we'll have like... 10! of course 3 will actually buy them if AGD puts them out.

Exactly, just like the roller trigger.

I want my guns to be functional and look good, not decorated like a fruit basket.

LOL :p

GhillieGuy
06-26-2003, 08:27 PM
Well, i can see how you have your own opinions. I just have always liked the looks of the venting on it. If you dont like it...more power to you, thats your opinion. It's just iv'e owned my minimag for so long there is lind of a classic look to it. thats all..:cool:

-=Squid=-
06-26-2003, 08:32 PM
Jesus Christ! AGD cant do EVERYTHING!

Mobius V
06-26-2003, 08:34 PM
You tell him ghillie:p

GhillieGuy
06-26-2003, 08:37 PM
You guys are right, i know agd has more important stuff like the ule trigger.. but in the future maybee it would be nice..

RoadDawg
06-26-2003, 08:37 PM
I'd buy one. Of course I'm waiting for the Warp ule and would go with one of those way before a mini ule. I will say I get so many comments on my minimag bodies. For one they look better then a standard/ classic body. The ULE's out now are not bad but they do start to look plain. I still own one though because of the weight. Only problem I can see with a ULE minibody would be the idea stated above of possibly bending it. That would be a huge problem. Though if you take care of your markers they won't get damaged. Anyways. that is all.

Nick

p.s: I also have faith that AGD will get stuff done in the order they feel it needs to get done. They will come out with products when they feel the need and see the demand for it. Don't rush them. I'd rather have a perfected item then a rushed out item that has missed a couple tests and risks having a small problem.

-=Squid=-
06-26-2003, 08:40 PM
My names nick too :D

GhillieGuy
06-26-2003, 09:33 PM
Frank (the spank)your also not only dissing me and a few others that like the mini body, but you are also dissing one of tom's invensions..so wach what ya say;)
:eek:

Mobius V
06-26-2003, 09:38 PM
I don't know much about the ULE's but how could you bend it, what is it like as thin as a pop can?

GhillieGuy
06-26-2003, 09:49 PM
pic of what it could look like..

Mobius V
06-26-2003, 11:07 PM
Gotta have the green :D

Bunny
06-26-2003, 11:28 PM
Photoshop at its finest......

RoadDawg
06-26-2003, 11:28 PM
Well it's only 4 oz in weight and it seems tough. Then again I've seen people bend their classic bodies by stepping on them with boots. Pinched the end by the barrel. Kinda funny if ya ask me.

Mobius V
06-27-2003, 12:09 AM
geez and thats SS is it not?

RoadDawg
06-27-2003, 12:10 AM
Yes it is. I thought it was unbelievable but it happened. I would of thought it would be tough to get that kind of result.

Mossman
06-27-2003, 12:37 AM
ULE = Ultra light engineering.

ULEEFTPNTFTSNPEAMW = Ultra light engineering except for that part near the front that serves no purpose except to add more weight.

AGD does the first one, you're gonna have to find someone else to do the 2nd one :)

srrdude
06-27-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Mossman
ULE = Ultra light engineering.

ULEEFTPNTFTSNPEAMW = Ultra light engineering except for that part near the front that serves no purpose except to add more weight.

AGD does the first one, you're gonna have to find someone else to do the 2nd one :)

How long did it take you to whip that one up? hahaha

hahahahahha thats classic...
ao always brings warmth to my heart with cool technology, friendly people, and of course words of smack.

However, frank the spank didnt really think his statements through... IT IS just decoration... kinda like.. the milling on the feedtubes, and the milling on the body.

Who cares if it adds a bit of weight.. its maybe 2 oz of aluminum.. if thats to much for you.... get out of your towel whippin locker room and head back to the gym ya puss.

And does it make it look like a firearm? perhaps, thats in the eye of the beholder. But i have'nt seen many blue, red, and purple firearms, have you? I Personaly like the original rt's body. it gave it character. Like the dragon timmy. It wouldnt be a dragon timmy if it didnt have a head. I guess a dragon resembles fruit too?

gimme a break. if tom were to make a minimag ule body it would take bout 10 minutes to program it. Just take the regular ule body, add an extension with "vents" as you call them. Thats it. I would not buy one, i agree only like 3 people would, but he could just make a small run and sell em raw.

Frank (the spank)
06-27-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by srrdude

However, frank the spank didnt really think his statements through... IT IS just decoration... kinda like.. the milling on the feedtubes, and the milling on the body.

Exactly... and if I had the option to not have the lame balls of fire on the feed tube of my ULE body I would have gotten it plain. It looks stupid.

And does it make it look like a firearm? perhaps, thats in the eye of the beholder. But i have'nt seen many blue, red, and purple firearms, have you?

http://www.accuratereloading.com/22240x.jpg
http://www.accuratereloading.com/h17m4b.jpg
http://www.accuratereloading.com/sako20vtt.jpg
http://www.accuratereloading.com/sako22250.jpg

(holy crap!)
http://www.accuratereloading.com/sako17.jpg

When I go to the range and shoot my FIREARMS, yes... I see many custom race guns that are powder coated fruity colors. After 9/11 just about every bench gun was anno'ed or powder coated in red white and blue.. guess it's better than all the purple rifles I see..

Like the dragon timmy. It wouldnt be a dragon timmy if it didnt have a head. I guess a dragon resembles fruit too?

No it resembles a dragon ON A PAINTBALL GUN! That's G-A-Y! Does it come with a free Richard Simmons workout video?!?!

gimme a break. if tom were to make a minimag ule body it would take bout 10 minutes to program it. Just take the regular ule body, add an extension with "vents" as you call them.

yeah... vents.. like on a Thompson SMG. When firing in full auto the barrel heats up, you touch that barrel and it will melt through your hand. So they put a barrel shroud, but if they didn't cut "vents" then the barrel shroud would heat up as well. Practical on a sub machine gun... decoration on a paintball gun.

"Dude check out that sweet decorated gun!" "Hey I'm gonna decorate my gun too!" "My gun will have the most decoration"

GhillieGuy
06-27-2003, 12:57 PM
There are no vents on a tommy gun, i know cuz i adore them. They have cuts in the barrels(the early model) which really had no purpose.. and colored guns like that are verry rare and for looks, please dont post in my thread anymore as you dont have anything nice or positve to say.

Frank (the spank)
06-27-2003, 01:14 PM
I never said Tommy gun, I said Thompson sub machine guns, Thompson mfg. Co. made A LOT of firearms, many of them sub machine guns.

And the "fluting" on the barrel of the "Tommy Gun" is there to dissipate heat, much like the heatsink on your processor does. So yes... it does serve a purpose.

The firearms pictured above are VERY comon, not everyone hunts with their rifle (like myself) and do bench shooting. And yes... it is "for looks", as as I call it, decoration.

I'll quit replying when you stop talking out of your ASA adaptor.

srrdude
06-27-2003, 01:15 PM
.You dont like the fireballs? i would think you would like flaming balls. Balls of the flaming variety. especially after saying the ule's are too boring... you cant make them not boring without some sort of "decoration"

i didnt know dragons on a paintball gun was gay...
so.. how are there so many of them? clearly they must have some way to reproduce despite being gay. Do you have kids? if not... ask the dragons how they do it, it whould come in handy.

any one who says your last comment is undeniably gay.suprisingly, the only one whose ever said it is.. ha you. So if you have a sweet looking gun and you say it is decorated... your gay. If someone else criticizes you by saying it is gay for reason of excessive decoration, they are gay aswell. But then again i shouldnt be argueing with you any ways... your such a good flamer i just cant compete.

btw the first gun looks like a phantom, and the second looks like a cheap walmart toy. Neither of them has colored mainbodies.

Frank (the spank)
06-27-2003, 01:22 PM
.....you lost me at the dragon paintball guns mating with eachother.

Anyways.. it's a free country.. if you want to shoot a clown shoe, more power to ya.

::slowly backs away from thread:::

GhillieGuy
06-27-2003, 01:25 PM
I never said Tommy gun, I said Thompson sub machine guns, Thompson mfg. Co. made A LOT of firearms, many of them sub machine guns.

And the "fluting" on the barrel of the "Tommy Gun" is there to dissipate heat, much like the heatsink on your processor does. So yes... it does serve a purpose.

The firearms pictured above are VERY comon, not everyone hunts with their rifle (like myself) and do bench shooting. And yes... it is "for looks", as as I call it, decoration.

I'll quit replying when you stop talking out of your ASA adaptor.
What does that mean?? tommy gun was the nickname for the thompson smg

srrdude
06-27-2003, 01:27 PM

::slowly backs away from thread:::

the best thing you've said all day.

Frank (the spank)
06-27-2003, 01:32 PM
Thompson A-1

They made other cheaper sub machine guns because the "Tommy Gun" was too expensive to mass produce, that's why only sergeants got Tommy Guns in WW-II (Note that Tom Hanks had a Tommy in Saving Private Ryan). Browning came out with the M-1 Carbine as a cheap solution, later Thompson came out with cheaper stamped sub machine guns that had a vented barrel shroud on it. I wish I had the name of it so I could post pics. They weren't very popular. But there are many other sub machine guns that had vented barrel shrouds as well, because.. it was practical. The fiberglass hand guards on my AR-15 heat up when I slow fire.. imagine if I was just holding onto the barrel..

srrdude
06-27-2003, 01:36 PM
Frank (the spank)
I dance 4 the Japanese men

this just made me think of your comment about richard simmons.....

GhillieGuy
06-27-2003, 01:38 PM
That cheap smg was called the "Grease Gun" they costed 8 bux to make while the tommy's costed 175 to make. And browning did not make the m-1 carbine, springfield armory did.

GhillieGuy
06-27-2003, 01:41 PM
here is a cool pic..

Crighton
06-27-2003, 02:17 PM
Not only was the thompson expensive to build it took a ton of man hours to produce and had a rate of fire and recoil characteristics that made it hard to control.

The M3A1 was a much more suitable mass production SMG. With a production cost of a little under 35 bucks. General motors was able roll them off the assembly floor in very quick order.

Your forgetting 2 guns that use barrel shrouding with vents and saw a ton of action with hundreds of thousands of units produced.
The M2 and the M1917.

Personally I would buy a mini ule. I would buy an aluminum mini that was not ULE. What point do the vents serve on the mini ? None other than looks. But thats enough of a reason for me to buy one.

GhillieGuy
06-27-2003, 09:05 PM
onother deign of what it could look like..

GhillieGuy
06-27-2003, 09:07 PM
onother.. i hope i'm not intruding on any copywrite laws..:eek:

Cryer
06-27-2003, 09:47 PM
'nother...:D

GhillieGuy
06-27-2003, 09:58 PM
how you do that?

MidnightRider
06-27-2003, 10:20 PM
Cryer..... that is one of the coolest 'Mags I have ever seen. Please tell me it is a real mag and not something done in photoshop.

One thing to think about in the catagory of decorations. When you walk onto a complex that is geared more toward tournament playing, a first impression can get you quite abit of respect if your marker is a bit "Flashy". I know I know it is the player behind the marker but on today's fields with all the cutom Cockers, Angels, Tippys and the such a flashy marker tends to be "feared" more. We all know the Mag is the best out there why not dress it up a little? It is still a Mag.

Peace.

MR

P.S. I would buy a Mini-Ule to replace my MiniMag body. I guess that makes me #6 on the to-purchase list.:D

Cryer
06-27-2003, 11:12 PM
Thanks! This is the actual mag:
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=830267

I went into photoshop, and copied the front vents from a pic of my minimag, then I colored it to match (for the most part) my ULE. I could have spent a little more time to get the color right, and match the smudge on the camera lens, but I didn't feel it was necessary... :p

I also really like the vents on the mini.

MidnightRider
06-27-2003, 11:17 PM
That was not very funny Cryer.:( :) :(

GhillieGuy
06-27-2003, 11:21 PM
man it looks nice there cryer, now i really want a mini ule!:D

Cryer
06-27-2003, 11:22 PM
It got everyone's attention, tho...:p

I like the idea of a miniULE

SpecialBlend2786
06-27-2003, 11:53 PM
sure got my attention.....i want one even more:D

MoBiLe
06-28-2003, 06:15 AM
I WANT ONE!!!
lol
dang cryer for a minute there i thought it was for real
oh well, i guess ill just dream of the day when a mini ule will be in actual production:D
maybe if agd were to come out w/ a ule sluggo then ill just dremel the the vents out

off topic, anyone know if the micromag body is lighter/heavier than the ule
or is it similar in weight to the regular mag bodies

Gadget
06-28-2003, 06:31 AM
I'm pretty much with Frank on this one - why make a body designed to be light, then stick a bunch of metal back on it to make it larger + heavier?

Agree 100% with his opinion of Dragon Timmys too - they look like a tart's handbag. Who on earth came up with such tacky milling?

"Hey guys, I've got a great idea, let's make a marker that looks like a DRAGON! with loads of really intricate milling that means you'll have to spend about a ZILLION hours cleaning it with a toothbrush if you get shot on the gun"

Genius! ;)

magmonkey
06-28-2003, 07:46 AM
if it makes everybody feel better why not call it a mini sluggo,that way it is not a body designed to be light with a bunch of metal added to it..... remember these bodies were originaly designed for the end user to mill the way they see fit I honestly love the mini that cryer photoshoped and it has inspiered me to do mini style venting to the front of my sluggo project

GhillieGuy
06-28-2003, 11:57 AM
How much wieght do you think extending it will actualy add on if it's alluminum? really i wont be noticable at all. If it's that inmportant to you maybe you should start spending more time in the weight room than playing paintball.:D ;)

RoadDawg
06-28-2003, 01:33 PM
Micro bodies are much heavier. They have lots of useless chunks of aluminum on them. Well at least mine was heavier then the ULE. I got rid of my Micro body way before but I know for sure it didn't way close to 4 oz like the ULE. Then again the Micro has a rail built in as well. Now I have RogueFactor rail (3.5 oz) plus the ULE body and comes in at a total of 7.5 oz between the two. Now I have a Xvalve in there (not sure of the exact weight) but man is this gun light. I handed it to a guy at a local shop and he was like... "this is a mag?" I sat there with a grin and said "why, yes it is." He's like ... "wow this is way lighter then i remember mags being." I was like plus it has Level 10 and he's all... "wow." Impressive. So he took a few shots with it and was like.. "well the trigger is still heavy" and before he finished I said "well AGD is working on fixing that by the IAO" he's like wow. AGD has stepped it up since we last dealt with them. So maybe AGD might be getting back in So Cal stores.

GhillieGuy
06-29-2003, 01:12 PM
here is something i whiped up, it got messed up and is not finished but oh well here it is..