PDA

View Full Version : My mask gives me a headache

Skadet
09-03-2001, 05:22 PM
Just ordered a new JT spectra in the grey/blue color, and that beast is TIGHT! As in, it squeezes my head *so* bad. You'd think it was a youth size or something. Everything else is fine. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you correct it? I'm open to sugguestions.

Paintballboy
09-03-2001, 05:31 PM
Okay u might have did this but if not...
On the goggles you can loosen the strap buy pushing the "Big Black Connecty" this together to loosen them. I'm sorry if this doesn't help much.

------------------
*My Mag*
-68 Mag w/ p.f.
-Tru Flight 8inch
-S.P. Gas Thru Grip
-PMI Perfect Valve
-P&P Drop Forward

Skadet
09-03-2001, 06:22 PM
Hiya,

yeah, I loosened them up as much as I could, still too tight!

MikeCouves
09-03-2001, 06:37 PM
Maybe you have a really wide head. You should try to stretch it gently over time or something. You should have tried on a bunch of masks to see which fit the best. I have a JT IZE and it fits me really well...I love it. You should call JT and see what they recommend...that's the best thing to do, or email them first and then call if they don't reply.

------------------
Minimag
Double Trigger
ANS Shark Gill
14" SP All American
16" Custom Products
20 oz. (Flatline 68 for Christmas!)

Come back here! http://www.contrabandent.com/pez1/games/mm/mmxa/anim-zerodash.gif

Skadet
09-03-2001, 06:48 PM
i know I've got a big fat head. . . most caps don't fit me. I mean, I'm not like a freak or anything, i've just got a bigger brain than most http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

seriously tho, I had a jt x-fire and it fit me just fine.

chaoticorigin
09-03-2001, 07:14 PM
Try removing the black foam strips on each ear pad. It should make it looser.

DarkPhoenix
09-03-2001, 07:54 PM
I have to agree with Mr Couves, stretching the strap is probably the best you can do at this point. I also have a rather large brain pan, I have a JT Proteus and for a while it was a bit tight, now it is just fine. Hang in there.

------------------
RT Pro P/F
w/ AGD Flatline

Load SM5
09-03-2001, 08:07 PM
They also make soft ear protector's for for the Spectra/Flex 7 line of masks. That might make things a little more comfy. Does it feel like it's squeezing the sides of your melon or up front?

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

Skadet
09-03-2001, 11:11 PM
The sides for sure. It really feels as if the strap is simply too dang small and is squeezing the life out of my noggin! I was considering mounting it on a watermelon or cantelope or other large fruit to stretch it.

Load SM5
09-04-2001, 06:15 AM
I might consider the sift side protection and get rid of those plastic side pieces. The sort ones should wrap around your head more and allow the strap to sit looser too.

Although, the melon idea has merit too......

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

TylerDurden
09-06-2001, 05:19 PM
never had my mask too tight, but the foam in them starts to burn my face after a few hours from the friction. sorry.:(

Yama
09-06-2001, 05:44 PM
isnt there any kind of bigger straps u can buy????
oh ya and its my 100th post!!!!!:D

bornl33t
09-07-2001, 09:10 PM
You can retro fit the Jts with raven's strap. Requires a little moding.... I did it beccuase I liked the buckle... That way I can create a kewl doo before I go to the field and not have to wory about the strap while I'm putting on\takeing off the mask

xmetal2001
09-08-2001, 04:57 PM
yeah, my mask does that to, but my friends is fine....i've been trying to stretch it out