PDA

View Full Version : help with upcoming purchases

ZCute
06-25-2003, 08:03 PM
ok.....i have enough money to buy any mod for my mag.....but i dont really want to spend alot on my gun since i just play rec. i do however want to fix it up so nothing goes wrong anymore. should i go for the x-valve or just the level 10? i definitaly want one or the other cause im sick of breaking balls and my valve not keeping up(mabey cause im short stroking, who knows). also, should i even bother getting a ULE and new barrel if i just play rec? they look cool, but im wondering if it will improve ANYTHING for me. I also need some sort of ASA that will not budge an inch.....my current drop foward/ASA set up has horizontal movement like half an inch either direction and thats real annoying.....what should i get to stop it from coming loose? one of those ASAs that slides onto the drop? thanks.

Mobius V
06-25-2003, 08:19 PM
Well, if you want LX and you want your valve to keep up you might as well do the GO-X program and get it for $225 then you will have X and LX. As far as the ULE's go they look cool and come in colors, plus cocker threads which means you can get almost any barrel you want but how I look at it the twist lock system is the fastest barrel system there is. I mean yea you have a very limited choice of barrels but hey thats what the freak kit is for. :D

I don't know what to say about your loose asa problem, sorry.

Hope I helped anyways.

Jonesie
06-25-2003, 08:21 PM
X-Valve comes with Level 10. Two birds, one stone kinda thing... Also the X-Valve should stop breaking balls AND prevent any short-stroking (it'll help at least).

I upgraded a classic valve to a ReTro about a year ago (Pre X-Valve). It was the best upgrade I had gotten for my Mag to date (aside from my X-Mag :D).

The body is just a looks thing, with a weight savings. If your rig is heave, consider on of these. Although the X-Valve is noticably lighter than the Classic valve (ReTro too).

Try to get the ASA too. You need a reliable connection for your air to get to the gun.

Later ~ Dave

Nick O time
06-26-2003, 01:48 AM
i think you should get the x because like Jonesie said kills 2 birds with one stone

I personally like the ULE's but if you are a reck player, and just concerned about the wiehgt(sp?) then you could have that rogue factor mill out your body rail
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79692
that is rogue factor's web page for milled rails, go to the middle of the page

yes you should try to get a good asa

dropkick1
06-26-2003, 06:49 AM
i say lvl 10 and an i-frame, b/c i don't think he has a problem with not keeping up, its short stroking, so the lvl 10 will stop the chopping and i-frame will make it look better and have a smoother trigger pull.

ken

ZCute
06-26-2003, 03:43 PM
already have an I frame.....ill prob trade my valve in for the X and mabey get ULE stuff at the end of summer.