PDA

View Full Version : Well I was going to get an emag this weekend....

Skoad
06-25-2003, 08:36 PM
I was going to get an emag from pbgear, wanting xvalve and not the regular old emag vavle.

I emailed them asking if they had xvalves and if i were to order one and it came with a emag valve, would i be able to send it back to get one with an xvalve.

Here's what they tell me :

"Since we probably still have some of the older models in our warehouse, there is no way we can assure you of which one you would get. Also, we would not be able to take a return or exchange on it either, since we still have to get rid of the inventory we have.
Thanks!"

so if i get one i can't return or exchange at all? lovely. :(

AcemanPB
06-25-2003, 08:45 PM
Tried this yet?

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86088

Might come out cheaper if you sell the free warp, plus these E-mags are coming straight from AGD so they will have X-valve and ULE frame.

Star_Base_CGI
06-26-2003, 09:28 AM
What a bunch of morons. If they cant tell the difference between a retro valve and an XValve they are loosing money.

TheTramp
06-26-2003, 10:11 AM
What are they supossed to do? Throw away their older stock? Give it away at the much lower prices cheap paintballers always seem to think they are intitled to?

They're not going to start selling their new stock until they've gotten rid of the the stuff they already have unless AGD agreed to take back all the older models (which I'm not trying to suggest AGD do).

shartley
06-26-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Star_Base_CGI
What a bunch of morons. If they cant tell the difference between a retro valve and an XValve they are loosing money.
They didn’t say they could not tell if the markers had the X-Valve or not, they said they can not assure folks that they were going to GET an X-Valved marker. As was pointed out, this is because they have to sell the current stock they have (which are the standard valves) before they sell any new stock coming in.

This is standard practice.

What gets me is that folks don’t want a standard valved E-mag… what is WRONG with them? Seemed to me they were touted as the best thing on the market right up to the X-Valve coming out. Does the existence of the X-Valve make standard valved e-mags suddenly POSs? This mentality just blows me away, and shows a major problem in public perception.

I can understand folks wanting the latest and what they perceive as “the best”, but to act like a standard valved e-mag is now a pariah is silly. (Skoad.. I am not saying this is necessarily the case with you. It is just what seems to be happening a lot lately.)

gibby
06-26-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by shartley
Does the existence of the X-Valve make standard valved e-mags suddenly POSs? This mentality just blows me away, and shows a major problem in public perception.

I can understand folks wanting the latest and what they perceive as “the best”, but to act like a standard valved e-mag is now a pariah is silly. (Skoad.. I am not saying this is necessarily the case with you. It is just what seems to be happening a lot lately.)
No, the standard Emag valve isn't inferior in performance than the Xvalve. It's just the thought of knowing that the new ones come with the Xvalves which also has the Level 10. This eliminates the need to pay for the upgrade. It's not that every player out there is only following the hype, the smart ones will also try to get the most for what they pay for.

Frank (the spank)
06-26-2003, 10:52 AM
The new E-Mags come with the ULE frame, you can tell by looking at the tang on the grip, if there is a bum, it's the older style.

AGD decided to call the X-Valve on the newer E-Mags somehin' else because maybe Tom Kaye was bored, lol. So it will have printed on the valve "E-MaX"

Same thing as the X-Valve.. just says E-MaX because it comes with the E-Mag.

I think you should get what you want, thats stupid they would not tell you, you tell them they just lost your business to someone that WILL tell you. Do a search, call up the shops. You're droppping a good chunk of change, I'd make sure you know what you're getting.

cphilip
06-26-2003, 11:13 AM
Newer emags with or without X valves come with level 10. Some even now with ULE Grips but those would have X Valves.

PBG buys volume and sells at very slim profit margin again in volume. So they get trapped with some things when things change. And since their profit margine is already so slim they cannot lower the price without a loss. So thats what happens. So you have no idea what you are going to get.

Just in time Dealers do not have this problem but they cannot operate on that slim of a margin either.

gibby
06-26-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
Newer emags with or without X valves come with level 10.
I did not know that! Thanks..now I know! And knowing is half the battle! :)

cphilip
06-26-2003, 11:23 AM
...so do RTP's. It does not come set up but its in the box with it. But you then get the orignal bolt and PT stuff as well. Very old ones would not have it in there. Its been coming in there for about 6 months if I recall correctly. But before they ran out of regular emag grips and started using ULE grips. A few Emags with X valves in them also came out of AGD without ULE grips. There was a few week change over that might have seen a few of these get produced. I am not completely sure about how many.

Thats one of the wonderfull new things from AGD. They include level 10 with all emags and RTP's now at no extra charge. So its a good value that RTP. You get Level 10 AND intelliframes with them all now. And recently X Valves too! At the same price as its been for years.

Skoad
06-26-2003, 11:52 AM
What gets me is that folks don’t want a standard valved E-mag… what is WRONG with them?

It's the exact same reason why someone would want any other ule part on their mag.....it's lighter. Plus i think the black valve looks a lot nicer than the grey/polish one.

BlackVCG
06-26-2003, 01:47 PM
If AGD switches to one X-Valve with a unique "X logo" on it, I bet all of these specific X-Valves like the E-Max, X-RT-Pro and X-Valve will eventually become collectors items since they haven't been out for too long.

Muzikman
06-26-2003, 02:09 PM
Sam,
I don't think it's that the old valve is POS, I just think it's the fact that if you are going to be paying $xxx for a gun, would you not want the newer, lighter part? Now if there was a $150 discount on the old RTPs that do not have the Xvalve that would be different.

This would be the same as a car dealer selling a 2002 car for the same price as a 2003 and not willing to come down in price. I'm sure this can and has happened, but I would doubt that that dealer is going to move those 2002 models.

Frank (the spank)
06-26-2003, 03:01 PM
I really liked the stainless steel valves.. when you held it.. you could feel the quality. I don't know... just stainless steel that is machined so perfect is pretty awesome to me.

But... when I'm holding that for 8 hours on a weekend.. it's not so cool anymore, lol.