PDA

View Full Version : Paintball and Terrorism???

stebs
06-25-2003, 09:05 PM
I was just watching CNN and they said some crap about paintball being related to terrorism and they are doing a segment on it in just a few. Anyone else hear anything about this?

logamus
06-25-2003, 09:07 PM
i dont watch cnn and dont trust anything that comes out of their studios.

stebs
06-25-2003, 09:26 PM
I just finished watching the segment and all it was a muslim player was being harrassed by FBI and they thought that paintball was really Al Queda(sp?) terrorist training in disguise. So nothing directly related to the paintball community which is a relief.

Ov3rmind
06-25-2003, 09:27 PM
Just great, just *EDIT* SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTER AGAIN, I WILL BAN YOU FROM THESE FORUMS. ARMY great. Words cannot describe how angry I'll be if this causes permanent damage or possible extermination of our sport.

Bigzamboni
06-25-2003, 09:28 PM
They showed a game of speedball and called it "Jihad Training". They also only mention it once near the end, and title the segment after it.

I suppose that means high school students who play paintball are taking part in training for acts of violence at schools.

WarBUCKs
06-25-2003, 11:18 PM
The government should be happy all of us are playing paintball cuz when they call upon us to defend the country we will tear everyone up!!!

Mobius V
06-25-2003, 11:21 PM
there must be quite a few terrorists in america...:rolleyes:

Lopy-slopy
06-26-2003, 01:44 AM
uh oh, the NPPL might be in trouble, hear they've been organizing huge "Jihad Training" competion's all over North America.

In my mind CNN ranks up their with the KKK in groups that go around spewing BS.(sorry if the reffrence to the KKK offends anybody).

reefer madness
06-26-2003, 01:46 AM
you mean you guys arent training for jihad?:rolleyes:

Butterfingers
06-26-2003, 02:09 AM
I saw it and it was pretty sad the last few clips of "terrorist training" were most definately a game of speedball. Spread this thread around have people e-mail CNN. Break thier ignorance. E-mail them.

WarBUCKs
06-26-2003, 02:10 AM
I can see the FBIs Echelon computer system picking this up and putting our names on a list. No Santy Clause this year. :)

jaylock33
06-26-2003, 06:40 AM
So let me get this straight PSP doesn't stand for Palestine Salvation Program;)

kosmo
06-26-2003, 07:02 AM
In the Military Intelligence community, CNN is regarded as the Communist News Network, and is an incredibly accurate news source if you do a complete 180 from whatever they tell you. If you followed their headlines youd probably think that we lost the war in Iraq. Never ever pay any attention to anything they say. Same with the New York Times.

shartley
06-26-2003, 07:06 AM
Okay, so they made a statement about terrorist training and showed paintball. I did not see it so I can not attest to what it actually was. But what I have seen is other terrorist training camps shown and they use MANY forms of training that normal folks engage in… martial arts, football style drills, etc. But I bet football players are not rushing out to “educate” folks and “set them straight” on the matter.

Plus, police use paintball equipment to train and so does the military at times…. So why would anyone be surprised that terrorists do as well? Why would folks want to get so upset if it is reported that terrorists use the equipment to train with? The average paintball player is no more a police officer or soldier than they are a terrorist.

I think people can tell whether something is being used BY terrorists, and that the items themselves do not MAKE someone a terrorist. Because terrorists use rental vehicles, does that make everyone who rents a Ryder Truck a terrorist? Come on folks… the sky is not always falling whenever paintball equipment is on the news associated with a negative event or action.

I suggest folks stand back, relax, and then put things in their proper perspective.

On a positive note:
Yesterday when I was out getting supplies, the sales lady who was cutting my material asked me what it was for. So I told her, but did not mention the sport of Paintball. She then said “Oh, I am familiar with that kind of thing. Like in paintball, right?”

I then said “Yes, exactly!”

To which she replied, “Well, my son plays paintball.”, and smiled.

I think that overreaction to things can be worse for the sport than the fears some folks think will happen when negative things are reported (even as a side issue) involving paintball equipment.

Bolter
06-26-2003, 08:16 AM
Took the words right out of my mouth. I thought you lot were gonna start a war with CNN!

Chill out. Its Fine.

;)

silentdeath55
06-26-2003, 09:18 AM
Definition:CNN(acronym)Clinton News Network