PDA

View Full Version : What does AGD put on threads to lock them?

Trent-MaximuS
08-28-2001, 08:34 PM
What does AGD put on threads to lock them. (ie. 90 degree brass) teflon and what?

The Mad Painter
08-28-2001, 08:40 PM
on stainless steel fittings, its called TEFLON TAPE. some comes with a new mag, or you get a roll for around 1$ at a hardware store, farm and fleet, its under pluming sections usually. for the record, they use loctite on the trigger rod threads... in case you ever have to adjust

------------------
Midwest Highschool Paintball League
Team Captain, Dark Matter

"The Mad Painter"
CF 61270
Custom Chrome Body Classic Automag
12" Custom Brass Barrel
SP Wood Grips
NitroDuck 68/3000 psi
Palmer Female Stabilizer

REESE
09-03-2001, 04:48 PM
what he meant was the red stuff that they use in the brass fittings and the SS hose...

cphilip
09-04-2001, 07:42 AM
Actually they *do not* use the Red locktite. They use a locktite product that is clear. I do not remember the Locktite number but it is the one designed for Pneumatic fittings. That's what AGD uses. They do not use Teflon tape. I do... but carefully... but they do not.

AGDSaul
09-06-2001, 11:05 AM
Ok, First we do use Teflon tape (Teflon Thread Seal 1/4" wide) which is a pinkish color for most of our fittings gauges, nipples, elbows, hoses ect. on Flatlines and markers. If I am attaching an elbow that is not going to be replaced or messed with. I will use Locktite the Green locktite is usually used to lock trigger rods to the golden clevis of a sear, the red locktite, which is stronger; is used for elbows on valves and hoses, but I prefer teflon tape its a lot easier to clean, and remove If you have to replace. No we do not use any Clear locktite and yes we do use teflon tape extensively somebody misinformed you Philip. Just thought I'd clear this up.

Laters
Saul Ramirez
Airgun Designs Tech.
:D :D :D :D

FaSSt
09-06-2001, 12:04 PM
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

The moderators have a button to lock threads they don't like.

AGDSaul
09-06-2001, 12:07 PM
:p

X-Plosive
09-06-2001, 03:24 PM
The loctite meeant for pneaumatic and hydraulics is loctite 454. It is purple and as saul already cleared up they don't even use that one on mags. Common mistake seeing how they make hundreds of different types of loctite.

BlackVCG
09-07-2001, 12:53 AM
Actually it's 545 Pneumatic/Hydraulic Sealer. I use Loctite 592 PST myself because it's a teflon paste that won't harden and still does a good job of sealing the threads.

Skyssx
09-07-2001, 03:47 AM
I use yellow oatey's gasline tape on everything. It is about 1.5 times the price of the thin white stuff on blue rolls but well worth it. You will need one, maybe one and a half wraps on a fitting to get a great seal into a mag valve. I even use tiny strips of it on set screws in my angel, it does the same thing as loctite but it wont be destroyed if you adjust the screw. The only thing I use loctite exclusively on is reg/valve > tank connections.

cphilip
09-07-2001, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by AGDSaul
somebody misinformed you Philip. Just thought I'd clear this up.

Laters
Saul Ramirez
Airgun Designs Tech.
:D :D :D :D

Thanks Saul! I am much smarter on this subject now. :) Oh...and yes...I was indeed missinformed but I will not name names...;)

cphilip
09-07-2001, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by FaSSt
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

The moderators have a button to lock threads they don't like.

Good one FaSSt! But I prefer to allow my ignorance to shine!!!!

:D Makes me seem more human. :cool:

Blennidae
01-17-2002, 04:11 PM
is locktite 545 the same as the permatex brand threadlocker red? I went to a couple places and could only find the permatex brand. I dont want to use something I might regret later.

BlackVCG
01-17-2002, 06:29 PM
Loctite 545 is a specialty product. It doesn't lock the threads like the Red 271 Loctite does. It's for sealing pneumatic/hydraulic lines. The Permatex red thread locker is equivalent to the 271 Loctite. Do not use it. You can find Loctite 592 at most NAPA auto parts stores. It will do the same thing as 545.

Blennidae
01-17-2002, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I surfed over to the loctite page and they have ace hardware listed as a retail outlet. I'll look there tomorrow. I don't know if I have a Napa auto near by, but the other 2 auto parts places I checked only had the permatex stuff.

Thordic
01-18-2002, 07:42 AM
I have a big bottle of 545 I picked up at Grainger. Stuff works great, and its rated to seal threads at up to 10,000 PSI or something like that.

Best thing is, its REAL easy to get off. It doesn't cause anything to bind. It seals against any leaks, and helps a little to make sure threads don't back out.

And it smells good! :)

Shaft
01-18-2002, 11:22 AM
The Ace Hardware thread sealer works good too,