PDA

View Full Version : Why do people think mags are so great?

BladeMaster
06-25-2003, 09:33 PM
Why are mags so great mines not that great; it leaks,and it chops, looks ugly to.

Dayspring
06-25-2003, 09:34 PM
It must not like you...

Seriously though- they are designed to last FOREVER. That's just ONE reason why. I'll let everybody else take a turn.

superdesk2007
06-25-2003, 09:34 PM
Hear that? The AO Army is coming.

http://www.salemmuseum.org/Images/wwii%20parade.gif

lord1234
06-25-2003, 09:36 PM
u need to get a level 10 to avoid chops...also mags are as prettty as u make em!

Fanatic
06-25-2003, 09:41 PM
you:
must be a spyder owner
no mechanical skills
dont know what LX is
dont know what teflon tape or loctite is used for
and must be real ugly...dont know if that relivant

penguinpunk555
06-25-2003, 09:44 PM
now we will come and kill u for calling mags evil buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn u will mwahhahahahahahahahhahahaahhahahaahhahahahahaahahh ahhahhahhahahahhahahahahahahhahaha

Clare
06-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Nick was listening to the Backstreet Boys! *snicker* :p

If you have chopping problems, get yourself level 10...

Mags CAN look good, it's just a matter of dressing it up a bit. You can always get yourself a ule body in black, blue, pewter, purple, or red.

DWill
06-25-2003, 09:49 PM
Sorry to say but this is the AUTOMAGS forum so you will get a biased opinion on mags and will be lucky not to get flamed. I shoot them for their duriblity and the fact that they are made by airgun designs which has made many of the innovations that are used in paintball today :)

Frank (the spank)
06-25-2003, 09:49 PM
Hmmm...

Out of 10 cases of paint my mag has not chopped one ball.

My mag does not leak.

http://home.pacbell.net/zoraks/ulemag.jpg

Is my mag ugly?

superdesk2007
06-25-2003, 09:50 PM
BladeMaster what are you talking about?

Torbo
06-25-2003, 10:12 PM
i dont know about anyone else's mag, but mine doesnt leak, doesnt chop, and its way better looking than i am ;)

DiRTyBuNNy
06-25-2003, 10:16 PM
it's one of those things...if you just don't know...we aren't going to tell you...

Meph
06-25-2003, 10:23 PM
Take it to a proshop. Have them fix the leak. The one I work at has pleanty of parts for most any classic mag problem, and some RT valved problems.

As for chopping. Well, unless you get a LVL10 you're basically out of luck.

And ugly is something I can't help you with. Nobody can. It's your taste in design.

Mag Master 04
06-25-2003, 11:13 PM
BladeMaster...that was the dumbest question in the world but welcome to AO, i see yur new, 2 nd off i agree w Torbo, my mag dosnt leak or chop and it is also better looking than i am...

superdesk2007...that was the most badass thing i have ever herd...AO ARMY BABY, gonna get ya!

EMAGfinatic...that was great...

Dayspring...very very good analogy, why dose my mag not work...maybe it dosnt like you

Jerhew
06-25-2003, 11:26 PM
wow
i figured this guy would be flamed to a crisp by now...
heh
i almost think this is just someone purposely trying to get a jolt out of people...

dude you forgot to mention the crappy range and accuracy...
:rolleyes:

if you don't like it you can give it to me and go buy yourself something else

gibby
06-26-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by BladeMaster
Why are mags so great mines not that great; it leaks,and it chops, looks ugly to.
I will gladly take that mag off your hands. I have a buddy who has a red Spyder Shutter that looks all pretty and shiney. Very durable, light, shoots well, and has extra barrels. I'm sure he'll be more than willing to do business with you. He won't mind trading his Shutter for a leaky, blender that's called your mag....seriously.

oldsoldier
06-26-2003, 12:15 AM
Mine's pretty. And, I have yet to come across a gun that doesnt chop. Honestly, I think that is a myth. My X chops; rarely, but it has happened. As far as beauty goes; I think its all in the eyes of the beholder. I mean, unless it REALLY stands out, they are all kinda boring to me. But, that is my opinion. Anyway, you would be hard pressed to find a more durable gun. Hell, there are folks on this forum who have had their guns since the mid 90s.

mrhooie
06-26-2003, 12:15 AM
it's a cult

Psycho Chicken
06-26-2003, 12:28 AM
Sounds like the elves went on strike.

breg
06-26-2003, 12:41 AM
I wish i could go a few months with out seeing one of these threads. Asking a question like that on this forum is like wearing raw beef underwear and jumping into a shark pool.

Pannikattk
06-26-2003, 01:20 AM
I bought my mag back in 1996 and had it put away for over 3 years...pulled it out the other day to play again and it worked like a charm...went through a case of paint and not ONE ball chopped! No level 10 upgrade, and I'm still on C02.

Once I ran out of air, I borrowed a friend's Spyder and it was like I had jumped out of a Corvette and into a Pinto...seriously!

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
06-26-2003, 01:27 AM
The reason I shoot mags are because they are reliable, low maintenance, don't chop balls (I didn't really have a chop problem before the level X, but now that I do have one (level x)...I haven't chopped a ball at all. Another two attributes of mags are that they shoot fast and they shoot straight. All of those reasons, as well as AGD's wonderful customer support, are what makes me a mag guy for life. As for the problems with yours...try watching the maintenance video that agd provides for your mag. It does wonder in clearing up leaky guns.

SlipknotX556
06-26-2003, 01:39 AM
I dont think mags are great.

My emag was nothing but a pain, it chopped and always had something wrong with it. Even though I was running it with LX and a Halo B, it still wanted to chop 15 Balls a game.

It also never worked when I sent it into AGD 2 times, it worked one day after it was repaired by BlackVCG, by then I had enough of the thing, sold it.

Then I bought a Timmy, have had nothing but the best with it.

FooTemps
06-26-2003, 01:51 AM
My mag has never broken down on me as of yet. Mags aren't all that great either. They're slipping imo... There's only so much AGD can do to bring AGD up to par with markers these days. They've got everyone beat in speed... but there's no efficiency, you can't use ult without xvalve, and you've got horrible efficiency... oh wait, I already said that... lol

You get my point right?

WicKeD_WaYz
06-26-2003, 03:36 AM
straight out of blademasters sig...

"I love Brass Eagle Blades!!!!!
I'm groping for a J.T. 5.0!!!! "

that says it all right there...:rolleyes:

I cant believe the words "brass eagle" dont trigger the curse filter...:p

shartley
06-26-2003, 05:44 AM
Ignorance with markers is equivalent to ignorance with cars. Because someone drives one car of a certain brand and make and didn’t like it, or had problems with it, EVERY car that is the same type is a POS… right? ;) Heck that is as bad as hating all dogs because one bit you while you were a child, or all people of a certain race because something bad happened to you caused by one person of that race.

Mags are very reliable. My mag has never leaked, nor chopped a ball. And even if it did, I would not judge ALL Mags because of it.

FalconGuy016
06-26-2003, 08:28 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha
Lol
Ill agree for one thing, mags can be ugly as poo, but thats just it... can (Id show you a lot of pretty pictures but I lost them all when I got rid of my old harddrives)

They uh... dont leak... unless, like any other gun, a degradable part is worn out (although, many people have gone for many years without ever having to replace anything)

Chop -> Level 10

Everyone look at his sig, he is probably just doing this to make people mad

Bolter
06-26-2003, 08:30 AM
Most problems with the more modern mags are due to user error. Maybe try using it properly. And yes the barrel does point away from you.

:rolleyes:

cphilip
06-26-2003, 08:42 AM
BladeMaster, they are great. If you will take the time to learn why your problems are occuring and how to correct them you will then discover how great they are. Your new here so you have a lot to learn about them. Its all here. Go do some searches and reading. You'll see.

silentdeath55
06-26-2003, 09:04 AM
There is a trick to shooting a mag. Once you get that down its all good. Some people just cant shoot mags because of the difference(i.e. past spyder owners). Mags are the greatest mechanical paintball gun made. If your mag looks bad, you must suck at picking out upgrades.

two words.....LEVEL TEN

penguinpunk555
06-26-2003, 09:20 AM
ok he wants to buy a sear tripper thats funny and for ur chopping problem i have one word for u SHORTSTROKEING make sure u pull the trigger all the way back and all the way out or just get the level 10

nt2004
06-26-2003, 09:46 AM
well i have personally seen some really ugly mags out there but if your mag is ugly then its not the mags fault, its what you put on it. My neihbor and I are both modifying our new mags and they dont look the least bit ugly. Also my mag never chops unless i accidently short stroke it (hey dont blame me, m still getting used to the trigger)

AlabamaMan
06-26-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by shartley
Ignorance with markers is equivalent to ignorance with cars. Because someone drives one car of a certain brand and make and didn’t like it, or had problems with it, EVERY car that is the same type is a POS… right? ;)...

Actully Sam all fords suck. It's just the way it is :D ;)

cphilip
06-26-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by AlabamaMan

Actully Sam all fords suck. It's just the way it is :D ;)

HEY!!! :mad:

:D

AlabamaMan
06-26-2003, 10:18 AM
Thats right phil drives one too. :rolleyes:

shartley
06-26-2003, 10:31 AM
LOL I drive more than just FORDS. ;) And I have had good vehicles and bad vehicles from all the major auto manufacturers (domestic). :eek:

;)

ShooterJM
06-26-2003, 10:38 AM
Troll alert.....

m-98
06-26-2003, 11:04 AM
There are ONLY three types of cars, GM, Ford, and Chrysler(sp?).

FooTemps
06-26-2003, 11:10 AM
um... yeah! CARS!

m-98
06-26-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by FooTemps
um... yeah! CARS!

Hey, if you can't follow sudden topic changes go to PBN.

j/k:D

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.