PDA

View Full Version : bursting macro line

68magOwner
06-25-2003, 11:34 PM
OK, so im at my friends house, and were both getting out our paintball stuff to go in his back yard and show him that my mag is much better that his lil rebel btb piece of junk, because he says a gun is a gun, there arnt any real differences (yea right). So anyway, i load up my hopper get my mag and air, and we go outside, i screw in my air and BAM the macro explodes (this was the first time i had seen/heard macro do such so i was like what the heck!?) so i quickly turn off my air, locate the problem, cut the busted part off (it busted near the end) stuck it back in the connectors, gassed back up and BAM again. So by this time my friends like yea, your mags better :rolleyes: . Luckily after the second repair, it held up and i havent had any problems science, but is bursting macro line a normal thing? But the good part about this is that i can replace my ugly hose with a color of my choice. (not that i couldnt have done it before, but im to cheap to keep spare parts, i buy the parts when stuff needs to be fixed, wich with my trysty mag, is nearly never :D )

rdb123
06-25-2003, 11:43 PM
They burst if you gas them up without having the macro completely inserted into the air fitting. Happened to me once. The air blast bruised my hand for a little bit.

68magOwner
06-25-2003, 11:57 PM
no, the hose didnt burst out of the fitting, it bursted a hole in the side of the hose, and it hit me in the face, not the hand :rolleyes:

PsychoBaller
06-26-2003, 12:00 AM
-I have been using macroline for as long back as I can remember owning a Mag.... (circa 1996-7). I have always used Macroline as long as I've had an ongun setup... and in all my years using it, have never bursted, busted or have anything happen to my Macroline.

-I used to run 900 into my RT original, and keep my SFL Emag at around 850-900. Still have never had problems.

Though I've been using my own type o macroline, and just found even better stuff via Tunaman with his Parker Macroline, I've never had a problem.

~da "dunno why people hate macro" baller

rdb123
06-26-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by 68magOwner
no, the hose didnt burst out of the fitting, it bursted a hole in the side of the hose, and it hit me in the face, not the hand :rolleyes:

Yes. Mine blew a hole in it. Only difference was that it blew a whole on the bottom part so the air shot onto my hand. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BlackVCG
06-26-2003, 12:21 AM
The macroline you're using sounds like pretty cheap stuff.

Get the good Parker Parflex Macroline from Tunaman and it won't give you any issues.

Psycho Chicken
06-26-2003, 12:24 AM
That happened to me a couple of times. Mainly because i was putting the macro into too tight of a bend. Also, if it's real old stuff the constant gassing and degassing will eventuly (can't spell) get to it.

jaylock33
06-26-2003, 06:46 AM
If your worried about it happening again go to steel braid with shrink tubing.

FalconGuy016
06-26-2003, 08:24 AM
Yes get quality macro :)
BTW How did you do vs the rebel?

cphilip
06-26-2003, 09:03 AM
Parkers the shiznitz! :D

silentdeath55
06-26-2003, 09:11 AM
I got my macro line from a local store that one of my neighbors works for. They make all kinds of stuff that isn't ment for paintball, but it's the same stuff sold at all the paintball stores, only 50% cheaper. The macro I use is really thick, hard plastic with 3000psi test. The other stuff(backup) is soft and plyable. I dont know which kind you were using.

Muzikman
06-26-2003, 09:34 AM
There are reason only Steelbraid is installed on my guns.

CodeMA
06-26-2003, 12:07 PM
yea...this tends to happen...ALOT namely with co2 users...on a hot day

but I havent seen it happen alot with HPA users...get some better line or the small steel braid...besides I wouldnt want to be hit in a full gassed up macroline....it doesnt sound like it could have the best effects....on cheap line anyway

68magOwner
06-26-2003, 01:30 PM
ill try to get some higher quality stuff, this was what came on the gun when i got it (used). And to falconguy, lol, the rebel has been put away and my friend (along with my brother) are shopping for new guns lol, they just cant take the heat :D