PDA

View Full Version : Rail and online buying

Kellen_p8nt
06-26-2003, 04:16 PM
Well I bought my gun from litestab a few weeks back. The gun came in with damage to the hopper but no big deal(there was other stuff nothing pertinent to the current problem.

Here is the current problem. I took it to the store today and the owner asked to shoot my z frame. well the thing leaked down the barrel. We established that it was the custom rail I receieved. It doesn't hold the vaqlve in place with that little nub. the milling cut out the area so it doesn't hold and when u fire the gun the valve pops back and isn't flush with the body.

the owner of the store let me borrow his rail. well the valve still doesn't look like its flush with the body

does anybody know what I should do or how much it would cost to send this in to airgun and get them to fix me up

nuclear zombie
06-26-2003, 04:43 PM
From my experience sometimes they don't always sit flush with the body . It may not be from the tab on the valve , does your custom milled rail have a spacer like this one ?

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=248&CATID=6

mine did the same thing until I realized this had fallen out . If you happen to be at conders in e-town this weekend for the scenario I have an extra one ;)

Kellen_p8nt
06-26-2003, 05:08 PM
damn thats exactly what happened cus im missing a shimi that looks like that. regretably i leave for florida in the monring despite my want to go to d-day. will one of those rail bushings work with my custom rail? thanks for the help man

nuclear zombie
06-26-2003, 05:50 PM
as long as the custom rail started out as a AGD rail , it will work .

tysonmachado
06-26-2003, 07:41 PM
As I am the one who made that rail I can guarantee it is not the problem. It began as a stock rail and I did not change anything that would affect placement of the parts. The little nub near the back of the regulator is there to prevent the valve from flying off if you are careless enough to remove the field strip screw while it is still gassed up. The reason your valve doesn't sit properly is the missing rail bushing (as was already pointed out.) If you want a temporary fix you can make a sleeve out of something like a calling card and replace the field strip screw with a 10/32 screw. You can find the necessary parts at any hardware store and it will work while you look for a standard rail bushing. The standard rail bushing will fit that rail, in fact it had a standard bushing when Panzerr was using it.

ugabiged88
06-26-2003, 08:19 PM
How do you get the rail bushing to fit in the rail?

I just bought one, because I was missing mine also and it is too wide to fit in the hole. Are you supposed to squeeze it with plyers or something?

Kellen_p8nt
06-26-2003, 08:37 PM
when i recieved the rail it had the bushing also i just cant find it i lost it a couple days back so im hunting for it but does tha bsence of that bushing make the valve pop out a bit and cause leaking down the barrel? i just wanna make sure I have assertained the problem

tysonmachado
06-26-2003, 11:44 PM
Without the rail bushing the valve is allowed to push out of the body slightly. The sear is not moved, so the bolt remains in the same position as usual. Because of this the bolt does not seat fully into the powertube o-ring and the gas leaks down the barrel. This also reduces the air pressure behind the bolt so that the marker may not fire properly.

Judging by the symptoms you describe, the missing bushing is the most likely cause.

Tunaman
06-29-2003, 03:40 PM
The newer rail bushings ARE a small bit larger and need to be squezzed to fit...This is so it is not as easy to lose...