PDA

View Full Version : So who made that gun?

magsRus
06-26-2003, 09:31 PM
Ok guys I was curious one day about this so I thought I'd post it. Ok the question is who makes the gun. Now, now yes we know some Bud Orr, Ben Tippmann, Tom Kaye, That Palmer guy,Bob Long but theres other guns out there that we only no the manufacter who makes them but I'm wondering whos that single soul that introduced the gun heres some I'm looking for.

Inventors for..
Angel LED,LCD,IR3- John Rice thanks Miscue
Shocker
Impulse
Bushmaster
Spyder
Matrix

Miscue
06-26-2003, 09:32 PM
WDP = John Rice

Bob Long doesn't make guns, he just puts his name on them.

magsRus
06-26-2003, 09:50 PM
Oh I thought he did oh well

Meph
06-26-2003, 10:12 PM
Remember the old BL cockers and spyders he started off with?

Oh yes he did make markers. And he made some of the best cockers you'd see at that time.

Now is a different story, but at least he did at one point! :)

paintball8869
06-26-2003, 10:45 PM
what about those guns that come from bob's shop? He doesn't make them? I mean, obviously he doesn't build every one, and he probly doesn't build many if any of them. But seriously, if he didn't come up with the design of the intimidator (a simple yet effective design based on any stacked tube blowback or solenoid driven open bolt electro), who did?

Meph
06-26-2003, 10:55 PM
Haha, right. Bob Long came up with the Intimidator Design.

Sorry, but the Timmy is a ripoff of the Impulse is a ripoff of the Bushmaster is a ripoff of the Angel is a Spyder on Steroids.

They're all the same. Just depends on which one you think is prettier and like to hold better.

Mobius V
06-26-2003, 11:38 PM
Timmy is a ripoff of the Impulse is a ripoff of the Bushmaster is a ripoff of the Angel is a Spyder on Steroids.

lol nice meph. :D

JT2002
06-26-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Meph
Sorry, but the Timmy is a ripoff of the Impulse is a ripoff of the Bushmaster is a ripoff of the Angel is a Spyder on Steroids.

Damn Roid Monsters!

Prairie
06-26-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by magsRus

Inventors for..
Angel LED,LCD,IR3- John Rice
Shocker - "Adam Gardner" but it was originally made by PVI
Impulse - the Gardners again
Bushmaster - the Dobbins and the rest of the people @ ICD
Spyder - Arthur Chang but it is of course just a stolen blowback design ala f1 illustrator
Matrix - shrug, no idea..i think fatty, maybe had a hand in the original design.

Jerhew
06-26-2003, 11:45 PM

They're all the same. Just depends on which one you think is prettier and like to hold better.

so following that line of reason
who made the first stacked tube blowback...?

it'd be interesting to do some serious research and see how the progression went....of course there'd be a lot of filling in the blanks since no one is going to say "ya so that's when i decided that if i copy the spyder's design and change it here and here..."

JAM
06-27-2003, 08:29 AM
first stacked tube blowback... on the market? PMI 3 ?

Crighton
06-27-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by JAM
first stacked tube blowback... on the market? PMI 3 ?

That was my thought sheridan with the pmi-3.

Meph
06-27-2003, 09:16 AM
The VM-68 / PMI-III was the first STBB. Of course, first on the market.

Which one was the first in prototype stage that didn't hit the market? Well I ain't tellin!

What I find to be the funniest of all is ICD's stacked tube. This is the exact marker that Kingman ripped off to make it's first Spyder back in 1996.

Yet the funny part is now ICD ripped off Kingman's EM1 and call it the BKO!

Went full circle jerk.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-27-2003, 09:24 AM

And the spyder is a ripoff of a paintball gun?

WARPED1
06-27-2003, 02:20 PM
Shocker- Adam Gardner
Impulse- Bill Gardner
Bushmaster- forget the name
Spyder- Arthur Chang
Matrix- some guy at Diablo

mykroft
06-27-2003, 02:25 PM
Jerry Dobbins designed the Bushmaster and Defiant.

The Intimidator is a Bushmaster shoehorned into a Millenium body (Later models are really just optimized versions of such). Bob Long did not design his own gun, he converted a design he had partial rights to (Bob helped with the development of the Bushy, although the design is Jerry's). The basic funcionality is a copy of the Angel however (The US Navy actually owns the patents to that basic design, from the early 70's). The Impulse is SP's take on the same basic design as the Bushmaster, Angel, Spyder EM1, Viking, Tribal, whatever AM is calling their electro, and others. The basic design is really a stacked-tube blowback, with a pneumatic ram replacing the blowback and hammer.

The BKO is a redesign of the Bushmaster (Relocated LPR and cheaper RAM, with different LP air routing, to drop manufacturing costs), not a ripoff of the EM1, which has the Ram return sprung, instead of the ram stroke (Opposite of the Bushmaster and BKO).

PVI designed the 1st gen Shocker. The 2nd gen Shocker is a SP redesign of the original, the 3rd gen shocker is a completely new design.

There are a number of different people involved in the Matrix's design. The engineering staff of Airtech was scattered to the winds, with some ending up at gen-E, and at least 1 at NYX.

The Sypder is a variant on the VM68 design. Nothing really original to it.

WARPED1
06-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Actualy Chang is just the CEO of Kingman,. didn't build the gun.

The guy who did, his name escapes me, disliked Kingmans choice of quantity over quality. So he went to work at PMI and built the Piranha.

Evil Bob
06-27-2003, 02:43 PM
Correct, the great grand daddy of the stack tube blow back design is the PMI III, manufactured by Benjimen Sheridan for Pursuit Marketing Inc (PMI).

-Evil Bob

superdesk2007
06-27-2003, 08:52 PM
I have a question, didn't Kingman rip off of PMI? Didn't PMI come first? I won't buy stuff made buy Kingman. I buy PMI's paint.

WARPED1
06-27-2003, 09:20 PM
Kingman came first. The guy who created the Spyder was mad about Kingmans "quantity over quality" policy. Then he got a job at PMI, designed the Piranha, which uses the "quality over quantity" policy.

rehme
06-28-2003, 12:26 AM
the impulse is just about the same has a bushy

so didnt the impy people rip of the bushy people

magsRus
06-28-2003, 07:03 PM
ANS ripped off Bud Orr..but not really. Bud Orr never patent his autococker design. ANS didnt bother buying a body from Bud Orr to customize their own instead they made up their own cocker body. Bud brought them to court and lost. The only thing he patent was the name "autococker" so you cant legally can a GenX cocker an Autococker :p

paintball8869
06-28-2003, 09:13 PM
Magsrus.......change ANS to AKALMP and your statement is perfect. AKALMP was the first to make their own "cocker" bodies, not using the ones from WGP. Bud took them to court and lost. ANS is just one of the companies that is making their own body at this point in time.

Jerhew
06-29-2003, 01:47 AM
i wasnt even going to touch the whole autococker thing...
who copied it...
or the fog i've found associated with the history involving Palmer and WGP and the first semi's
(i've probably done it now :p )

WARPED1
06-29-2003, 08:43 AM
I know the whole Palmer/Orr story. I had a guy on my team briefly who was close to Glenn, lunched with him whenever they were in same city. I won't get into it here, but its part of the reason for my utter hatred of 'cockers.

Jerhew
06-29-2003, 09:25 PM
hehe
thats why i didnt even go into it