PDA

View Full Version : another x-valve question

exedotbat
06-26-2003, 11:16 PM
First I’m running the following, Ule body, rail, intelliframe, x-valve, crossfire 68/3000 preset 800psi

Now When I adjust the regulator nut, im I will be adjusting the velocity, and the reactivity? So in a perfect world, if you have 2 identical markers both shooting 275 fps they will both have the same reactivity? Therefore you can’t change the reactivity without upping the velocity?

How does the input pressure affect the velocity, and reactivness?

Sorry for all the questions

Dayspring
06-26-2003, 11:41 PM
Input pressure affects reactivity. (B/C the on/off pin head is subjected to full tank output pressure. (Plus there's more surface area to the RT head) Classic valve on/offs get the regulated 400psi.)

exedotbat
06-27-2003, 07:19 AM
so should you run a second regulator with the x-valve

Gadget
06-27-2003, 08:23 AM
Adjusting the velocity of the X-valve won't alter the reactivity, it just governs how much pressure is supplied to the gas chamber behind the bolt, not the pressure applied to the top of the on/off pin.

So in answer to your question, no, two guns both shooting at 275fps would not necessarily have the same reactivity.

Altering the input pressure from your tank to your valve will change the reactivity of the trigger, as it's this (rather than the regulated pressure within the X-valve) which pushes down on the on/off pin.

Adding an additional regulator wouldn't offer any benefits - you'd still be limited to a maximum of 800psi (the max output of your preset) and only be able to reduce the reactivity of your valve (by dialling the secondary reg down from 800).

If you really want to be able to adjust your reactivity (up as well as down), you'll need to replace your preset bottle reg with an adjustable one.

Dayspring
06-27-2003, 09:23 AM
You technically already are. Gun is one. Tank is another. DO NOT add another one.

But Gadget is right. If you want MORE reactivity, you need to up the input pressure. And the only way to do that is get an adjustable tank. Remember, you can regulate DOWN, never up.

Originally posted by exedotbat
so should you run a second regulator with the x-valve

exedotbat
06-27-2003, 06:42 PM
Thanks, I get it now