PDA

View Full Version : shot an omen today

adam shannon
06-27-2003, 12:08 AM
overall i was impressed, would i own one? no. would i own people who own one..hell yeah!

my impressions are as follows.

the trigger is funky shaped. it has a hump in the middle...so its more convex than concave like i double trigger..what does this do...lets you walk it like a dog. im a fanner, but i could walk the omen very well. the rate of fire was fast...but no where near e-mag, speed, intimidator, or matrix fast.

basicly its a new piranna on steroids and speed...a deadly combo. what i didnt like was the cheap feal that i get from most pirannas and spyders. like the special grip set-up that nobody but pmi is gonna make grips for. and i didnt like that the charge hole is on the side of the gun and there is no plug or anything to stop paint and dirt from getting in and fouling the connections...and the hole is too small to clean easily...pipecleaners maybe.

the offset feed neck and cam feed system is sorta neat. its a set of paddles that come out from the side. the first stops halfway in travel to stop double feeds while the second goes all the way and chambers the ball. based on how it cycles it may be unable to chop similar to how a tippmann cyclone feed works, since the paddles feed the ball from the side you cant get double feeds and since the paddles move in sync with the bolt it may be chop free. the bad thing is they are wafer thin plastic...i see bending breaking problems coming with that. but the biggest thing that had me hollering is that the bottom of the feed neck is on the side of the marker and has a big semicircle opening at the bottom the diameter of a paintball. supposedly this is to help clear breaks and let the paint oooze out...until dirt and paint and/or water (rain) gets in. anybody remember the original tippmann .68 special or sl 68 with that half open cut in the breech? yeah just like that but underneath the feed neck on the side of the marker not on the side.

overall for a middle range marker that should be capable of tourney use or high end rec use it looks like a damn good marker from the time i spent messing with it, durability and maintenance problems are unknown at this time.

i may be able to play with one this weekend, if so i will report.

Automaggin2
06-27-2003, 11:08 AM
Hmmm i really want to try one. Does it have a back block like a cocker? Whats the deal with that

adam shannon
06-27-2003, 11:15 AM
it has a round bolt like a matrix, but just the bolt cycles no real back "block"

fire1811
06-27-2003, 12:17 PM
yeah there not bad guns we just won
5 of them at a pmi tourny last weekend :D