PDA

View Full Version : automag barrel threads

QuestionMark?
06-27-2003, 12:50 PM
I have 2 questions, does an Automag RT/Pro have the same barrel threads as a autococker or any other gun?

I am having a problem finding barrel adapters for mags and another thing is i have good barrels for autocockers and spyders, one being a boomstick and a ultralight, I was reading some posts and a few people said that some mags have autococker threads, is this true on a Automag RT/Pro?

SG Avenger
06-27-2003, 01:58 PM
The only mags that have cocker threading are the E and X mags. The rest use the Twist-Lock by default. The exception to this is if you get a ULE frame. They accept Cocker threading.

There are adapters though, that will let ya use a different thread type.

[digs in archives]

Check out Docs Machine.
http://www.docsmachine.com/gear/

unclebingo
06-28-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by SG Avenger
The only mags that have cocker threading are the E and X mags.

That's not exactly accurate. I believe most stock Emags come with the standard twist-lock barrels, unless they are now shipping them stock with a ULE mainbody. My stock Emag came with a "universal" twist-lock barrel - it will fit either a hopper left or hopper right gun. I've since upgraded to a ULE mainbody which, of course, uses the cocker threaded barrels.

FWIW....

:D

Jonesie
06-28-2003, 11:51 AM
X-Mags, MicroMags and Micro-E-Mags come standard with Cocker threads.

All other mags come standard with the Twist Lock.

If you purchase a ULE body (not frame) or a slug body, they have cocker threads as well.

Jonesie

CLICK_666
06-30-2003, 08:02 AM
ahem what about slf e-mags :P

Gadget
06-30-2003, 09:03 AM
At present the RT/Pro uses twistlock (automag only) barrels.

However I noticed on the Dealers forum that Cphilip was selling two RT/Pros which came with the ULE body (threaded for cocker barrels) as standard rather than the standard twistlock body.

Not sure if ULEs will start to shipped with all RT Pros, but if you've not bought yet it might be worth waiting for.

If not, have a look at Doc's twistlock-to-cocker threads adapter as mentioned.

xen_100
06-30-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by CLICK_666
ahem what about slf e-mags :P

ahem, SLF emags were made by shocktech with custom bodies. so that doesn't exactly count now does it?

Dayspring
06-30-2003, 12:57 PM
They still count as a mag. ;) If you notice, Jonesie mentioned the Micromag and the MicroEmag and they are made by Pro Team Products. :D

But you are all correct. Xmag/SFL/MicroMag/MicroEmag are the only mags that come STOCK with cocker threading.

ULE/Sluggo bodies can be retrofit onto older mags. (Not the classic RT if I remember correctly.)

Doc does make the adapter, and that's all sorts of nice.

Originally posted by xen_100

ahem, SLF emags were made by shocktech with custom bodies. so that doesn't exactly count now does it?

CLICK_666
06-30-2003, 04:47 PM
yep yep i think we got em all i think this thread is nicely wrapped up