PDA

View Full Version : I got to play with a timmy today

FalconGuy016
06-27-2003, 03:36 PM
I went to my pro shop and was waiting to fill my tanks... I asked the guy at the counter if I could see the layosa timmy on the wall, and now I feel guilty. Because I am starting to have my doubts if I want to buy an emag now. It was so nice! Light and not as big as I thought, trigger was nice of course, everything. I would not buy a layosa but a simpler model because of money if I were to buy one, but anyways, my once clear goal has now been clouded. What should I do :) ? Btw, are all timmys the same except with different milling? Is there a timmy owners site? Thanks

Crighton
06-27-2003, 03:40 PM
It's a trap, get an axe!

Ryknow
06-27-2003, 03:50 PM
dude... get the Lasoya if you want a timmy and be like me! Of course you could always pick up a 2k2 with WAS or a Z timmy with WAS. Or something.. just make sure you get a was board.

PS. What color was the Lasoya?

Ov3rmind
06-27-2003, 03:52 PM
Quite honestly, if you have shot both and prefer the Timmy, there should be no question what to get. If you haven't tried out an E-Mag yet, hold off for a bit until you can find one to shoot.

Personally I can't stand Timmys, but that's just me.

spydervenom
06-27-2003, 03:54 PM
there are a few timmy OG's i dont have the links but i remember someone posted a thread about one like a week ago.

all timmy's are pretty much the same. only things that change really are the boards(now at least) and obviously milling.

FalconGuy016
06-27-2003, 03:57 PM
Yes I am going back soon (they were out of stock on emags) to go mess with them side by side. But I would like to know more about them

btw is WAS pronouned like 'wass' or like the regular word was, or just W-A-S, each letter pronounced
I dont want to sound dumb at the proshop :)

Ov3rmind
06-27-2003, 04:02 PM
You'll probably know which one you want after a side by side hands on comparison.

Just an FYI (in case you didn't know), WAS stands for Wicked Air Sports. I usually say is "wass", and not "was". If you said it like "was" I would think sentences would start sounding confusing.

spydervenom
06-27-2003, 04:48 PM
i saw wassssssss

Curly
06-27-2003, 04:59 PM
Its like saying wasp, just without the p. Or phonetically it could be w-ah-s.

dcmander
06-27-2003, 05:39 PM
How about Wicked Air Sportz? :D

I can't stand the net abreviations in real life when I'm talking to someone. :)

If not Wicked Air Sportz...Atleast W. A. S. I mean come on..its an abreviation! Just like L.A.P.D.

spydervenom
06-27-2003, 08:34 PM
its a mnemonic like SCUBA or NASCAR

Mighty Mike
06-27-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
I asked the guy at the counter if I could see the layosa timmy on the wall, and now I feel guilty. Because I am starting to have my doubts if I want to buy an emag now. It was so nice! Light and not as big as I thought, trigger was nice of course, everything. but anyways, my once clear goal has now been clouded. What should I do :) Thanks

I'm going through the same pain suffering decision. Lasoya Intimidator or Tunaman's Emag Summer Special w/ free warp. Why is life so hard??:(

Gambit1106
06-27-2003, 08:44 PM
Well I can say I am extrememly happy with my Lasoya Timmy I just got today in a trade. As for OG's here you go:
http://www.intimidator-owners.com/forums/index.php

and check out PBnation: http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=146

oneshot
06-27-2003, 09:48 PM
get the timmy.

Timmys run circles around stock emags. if it was between a timmy and a xmag it would be a harder decision. I was not a fan of Timmys at all, but I sold my matrix (because the FF trix was on its way) and picked up my timmy. By far my timmy is the best gun I have owned, and yes I had a emag at one time, I never break paint, I use a halo-B and the lasoya has a was board ,its so fast. No work to keep running, just some lube on the reg and ram every few thousand shots and your good.

and yes all new versions of timmys will shoot the same to an extent, 2k2/was,Lasoya,Ironman,Storm...

hope that helps

minimag187
06-27-2003, 10:00 PM
Wierd. I thought I posted on this subject and I look at this thread and cant see my post anymore. I wonder if a mod deleted it...or im just dreaming.-yes I think I was

Anyways, you should try a trix out, they are very very easy to work on and they only have one moving part. They are very good on paint (can use very brittle paint) and are actually really consistant with the freeflow boltkit.

Brak
06-27-2003, 10:35 PM
i just picked up a classic timmy for my mag. and i dont regret it at all! by the way, all timmys shoot the same, as long as they have the same board/trigger job (a classic with WAS will shoot the same as a 2k2 with WAS)

Tron
06-27-2003, 11:00 PM
Get a Z with a WAS board and you are good to go. I have a Dragon (Couldnt wait for the XMag) and my friend just got black to silver fade and it's awesome. Only thing he is planning to add is his WAS board.

-Tron

ZSigErik
06-27-2003, 11:49 PM
hey Ryknow, you get your name from Ryan Martinie right?

The bassist from my favoritist band of all time!

RT pRo AuToMaG
06-28-2003, 02:59 AM
Personally, I don't like the way timmah's feel, but if you like it, great, get one. We can help you decide on which gun to get, but you have to make the ultimate decision.

thecavemankevin
06-28-2003, 12:18 PM
i bought a classic a year or so ago but didn't play with it too much cause i just like my mag with warp more.

But i missed it so much i tradded to get it back and have done some upgrades to it now. Now i can't put the thing down (just have to add warp). I put a clameshell, single reg, high flow barbs and WAS. WAS was the best upgrade possible. I can walk it so nicely now with the WAS (but i think my other boards were bad).
Timmy all the way....just keep a mag around as old faithful

SlipknotX556
06-28-2003, 12:39 PM
Lasoya Timmy, I would never get. Why? Because lasoya uses it.

Get a TX storm.