PDA

View Full Version : Cocker questions...

Ryknow
06-27-2003, 05:29 PM
I have 5 questions for you cocker people. If some kind person could answer these for me..

Whats the best front pneumatics for a cocker?

What are the major differences between Raceguns and E-blades.

What is the Best bolt for cockers?

Is it hard to time a cocker by yourself?

Is it possible to build a cocker from the ground up yourself?

xen_100
06-27-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Ryknow
I have 5 questions for you cocker people. If some kind person could answer these for me..

my opinion, palmers. I have seen good things from ANS too, but alot of people dont like them

I dont think there is alot of difference. they are both fully adjustable, the e-blade can do all the adjustments on the gun, I dont think the race can.(needs a PDA or serial port)

any bolt.......that is the most overbought item in the world. get a good openfaced delrin(nylon) bolt and you will be good.

if you know how a cocker works, nope. takes a little trial an error to get it just right, but it can be done in about 10-20 minutes.

sure, you just have to buy all the parts. I biult my mag that way.

Smokee_2_7
06-27-2003, 07:22 PM
I used to say palmers, but have more recently come to believe that the orracle pneumatics are the best. This was also the opinion of a planet elcipse tech, if that matters or not. I do know the the orracle tickler reg is MUCH eaisier to work with than any palmer i've used before.

Not really sure too much about raceguns. I believe that the eblades allow for faster firing, though.

Once again, i'd have to say orracle bolt. From what i understand, it's ectremely light- - as well as has some of the best gas-flow around.

Ryknow, for you- - no. You can learn all you need to know about a cocker, i'm confident.

Yes, it is. However, it's EXTREMELY expensive. *you would spend WAAY more doing that than you did on your entire Timmy setup.*

The best bet is to find a great used deal, and tweak it to your specifications. For example, you could talk to ME, i've got a GREAT offer for you. :)

Carl

hobbesTZ
06-27-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Ryknow

Personally, I don't feel that theres truly a worthwhile differance from the brass stock parts, but the best IMO would be a micro-rock, WGP ram, and a bomb/belsales/bullet 3-way.

E-Blades look nicer. They operate differantly. You can hook the race frame up to a PC.

I prefer the delrin Compulsive Edge bolt.

With a little practice, no.

Is it possible to build a cocker from the ground up
yourself?

Yes, thats what I'm doing right now.

Ryknow
06-27-2003, 11:00 PM
Thanks Hobbes, Smokee, and Xen. you guys helped a lot. And Xen.. is it possibly for oyu to do that spyder/cocker conversion if I got a spyder and a pnuematic kit?

Catch22
06-27-2003, 11:24 PM
I know you said thanks but I want to post a major difference between the race and e-blade. The race frame(AND ANS FRAME. It's the same thing)has a microswitch witch "clicks" when you fire it. The eblade has a magno-optical trigger or some crap like that. That means no click. Some people say it's easier to fire a race frame while others can't fire racguns very fast. You should find a place to try them both before you buy one or the other. WGP Delrin bolt it the best. Orracle pneumatics are best.

oneshot
06-27-2003, 11:29 PM
1) palmers all the way,
2) Race grips are alot more adjustable, but you need a palm pilot or cpu to adjust. Eblades are not faster than Race grips
3) Depends on alot of things , are you going for low pressure?
4) Nope
5) It is possible, but imo a waste of time, you will put alot of money into the gun, and it will have bad resale value.

Muzikman
06-27-2003, 11:32 PM

***Complete Palmer front IMO

***The biggest thing that is stoping my from buying an eBlade is the way it trips the sear. And the RACE gets a lot more shots off a charge.

***I am fond of the AKA Lighting bolt

***It takes some time, but no, I think just about everyone can learn.

***Yes you can, just make sure you get a complete parts list before you start so you don't forget something stupid like a front block bolt or LP barbs:)

Ryknow
06-27-2003, 11:33 PM
hum.. I think i'm gonna make a spocker like Xen's. Thats awsome.

xen_100
06-28-2003, 12:48 AM
shoot me an email or a PM.

MiniMag84
06-28-2003, 11:28 AM
Do you guys think 'cockers are better tournament guns than Mags? Because we'll be entering our 2nd and 3rd tournament soon and I was wonderin if I'd be better off with a 'cocker.

Ryknow
06-28-2003, 11:49 AM
Honestly.. No. I do not think cockers are better tourney guns for one main reason. Reliability. I really want a cocker, but the more and more I think about it. They are just to expensive for what I want (Lotus body, sidewinder, Free flow, racegun..). But dont get me wrong, one of my team mates has a cocker that he never touches other than to oil it and it shoots great.

Xen: PM sent

paintball_junkie
06-28-2003, 11:57 AM
Actually building a cocker form scratch is better than buying a stock one. You can build a custom one for like maybe $500, but if its your first autocokcer I would recomend gettin the new stock 2003.

Ryknow
06-28-2003, 01:25 PM
wont be my first.. I used to own a spanky bodied f5 sandridge.. But I've decided I'm gonna try something else. Just let this tread die.

Muzikman
06-28-2003, 02:25 PM
Where are you getting your body for a ground-up built cocker. Seeing as a stock WGP body is $250.00 and a trigger frame is $90 that leave you with $160 for;

Valve
Hammer kit
Sear kit
Cocking Rod
Beaver Tail
Bolt
Pump Rod
Timing rod
Screw set
Spring set
Front block bolt
LPR
Ram
4-way
LP Hose
Grips
*Valve tool (to get the valve in the new body)

(am I missing anything?)

Some how I think all that is not going to fit with in the $500 budget. If you are going to buy a cocker, the place to start is with a new stock gun and then add what you want from there, it will actually be cheaper in the long run.

paintball_junkie
06-28-2003, 02:41 PM
You can get used bodies off of ebay for like $120. A used trigger frame for like $50. Pneumatics go for like $125. That leaves $200 for other things.

Catch22
06-28-2003, 03:38 PM
I haven't heard all good things about the AIM bodies on E-bay.

Muzikman
06-28-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by paintball_junkie
You can get used bodies off of ebay for like $120. A used trigger frame for like $50. Pneumatics go for like $125. That leaves $200 for other things.

Ok, your going the used route. In that case, I would still buy a new 2k3 and build from there.