PDA

View Full Version : Project: The Ebay Ghetto Cocker

Koosh
06-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Ok, I decieded that I wanted to start building a cocker using nothing but the cheapest, ugliest, barely working parts I could find. Initially I had hoped to not spend more then $150 on the entire project, but I think that might be going up.

Of course, for a base you need a body. Something to build off of. Cruising around ebay I saw this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3612449889&category=16048

It didn't seem like a terrible deal. Good looking Mini-Body to build off of, and a gripframe minus the internals too.

Too bad the ebay guy decided to be a jerk and not say anything or show any pictures of the "custom milled" side. looks like someone took a hacksaw to this poor cocker. On top of that, the griframe is ALL messed up. Looks like it used to be a Proline frame. The right side by the front grip screw is either milled off, or broken off, but either way they drilled another hole for the screw into the body about three milimeters behind the front grip screw... I can't see if it punctured the valve chamber, but hopefully it didn't...

Aside from all that, All I need is:

Front and back blocks (Pre-2k)
Valve
Hammer
Springs
Cocking Rod
Pump Arm
Front Pneumatics
Trigger frame (maybe, don't know if I'm going to keep this one)
Trigger frame internals (plate, sear, etc...)
IVG
Bolt
Bolt pin
and about a dozen other scres/rods/acuators, etc...

I was thinking about just turning it into a sniper I/II/III whatever, but don't know if they can do that on Mini-bodies... What more has to be done to make it a pump?

Koosh
06-27-2003, 06:19 PM
Another pic showing off the ghetto hotness

Matt_mg
06-27-2003, 09:35 PM
wow now THAT's THE ghettoest body ever :p

good luck

askman
06-27-2003, 10:25 PM
You should have seen what mine looked like before having it powdercoated and with new part. It actually looks pretty good now and functions really nice.

Mine was really ghetto. (you can ask BTautomag about it, as he helped me get it powdercoated.)

http://www.geocities.com/askman01/mini.JPG is what it looks like now. This body was a right feed that was cutup and rewelded for centerfeed, and you could see the lines where it was welded when I got the body. reanodizing was out of question, but powdercoating did a good job of hiding the flaws. It took two coats to get it to look decent and while not perfect, it looks fairly good.

The frame came with the marker, but the front pneumatic and the main reg was replaced with new. (valve was freeflow from the getgo, so it was pretty good)

backblock/bolt combo comes as a set. I am sure that post 2k bolt with work, as long as you have the backblock to go with it. Any pre2k front block will be fine..