PDA

View Full Version : Does AGD take Debt cards?

pballguy17
06-27-2003, 10:22 PM
I was trying to buy somethings today, and it wouldn't take my card. It's fairly new, but i used it earlier today

It's Visa, "Check Card" i enterd the number quite a few times, and it still didn't work, anyone got a clue?

Thanx
Mickey

FalconGuy016
06-27-2003, 10:24 PM
I think you can only put credit cards through the website

Dayspring
06-27-2003, 10:37 PM
So long as it has a visa logo it'll work. I pay for stuff through them with mine all the time.

Halliday
06-27-2003, 10:43 PM
I have a Well Fargo Credit/Debit card. It has a Visa logo and it works just fine thru the AGD store.

pballguy17
06-27-2003, 10:52 PM
grrr. it's still not working...

i'm getting D: Declined

I did just get the card, but i used it today at wawa...

anyone have any suggestions feel free to post...

Thanx
Mickey

cheetah256
06-27-2003, 11:15 PM
are you submitting it as a debit card? or as a visa credit card. i have the same card, and it has to be put through as a credit card.

adam shannon
06-28-2003, 01:03 AM
my visa check cards work. like dayspring said if its a "visa" or "mastercard" check card it will work. regular atm bank cards wont work.

shartley
06-28-2003, 07:16 AM
Folks are correct. If it has a VISA logo on it, it works just like a standard credit card. And when online you don’t have to specify one way or the other, just use it AS a standard credit card. Only at real world point of sales does it matter with specifying…. If you want to do debit, you press DEBIT, and if you want to run as Credit Card, you choose CREDIT CARD.

But again, online you don’t specify.

As for why it didn’t go through……… that could be many reasons. The most common are system glitches at the bank, and NSF in the account. I have seen too many folks think that just because it can be RUN as a credit card, and goes through VISA’s systems that it IS a credit card…. Not so. If you don’t have the funds to cover the transaction, it will be declined…. Unless your bank covers the overdraft.

abaez
06-28-2003, 10:44 AM
I have a visa check card.. use it all the time as a credit card.. but at the AGD store it would not work at all.. it keeps saying credit card number enetered incorrectly when I tried many many times.. I eventually just called them up and told them and they just let me order over the phone without the fee

pballguy17
06-28-2003, 10:46 AM
ug, that was frustrating....

When i used it at wawa it was a "Debt" this is useing it as a "check" (or vice-versa) the debt part was activated, and the check not(again or vice-versa) and it activated at 12 last night... right b4 i stopped trying ):

Thanx for your help guys, i placed the order todya :D

Mickey

hAppy
06-28-2003, 11:12 AM
whats a debit/check card...

cheetah256
06-28-2003, 12:53 PM
basically, check cards are like credit cards, but instead of crediting you the money, it pulls it out of your checking account. its a good substitute for a credit card if you don't trust yourself with one. you can only spend the money thats in your account.

abaez
06-28-2003, 12:58 PM
Just to let you guys know you should never use a debit card for online purchases.. if it ever gets stolen or a fraudulent charge.. the money comes directly out of your checking account (YOUR money) unlike a credit card which is the credit companies money until you pay it.. and its HELL to file a pay dispute with banks for your check card (takes a good two-three months to get it resolved).. so unless you absolutely have to, don't use a check card for online stuff..