PDA

View Full Version : New Z-grip not shooting

CMDane
06-28-2003, 12:03 AM
Just got a z-grip tonight and evidently, it is a first generation frame. I had to shave off the wings to get it to fit my RT Pro. I put the RTP together, gas it up and sometimes get 1 shot, sometimes not. Slight hiss out the back that comes and goes, the trigger has resistance, but no second shot. RTP is good on lube.

Odd thing, I put the Z on my Micro and it shoots with no problems.

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this? On/off pin the wrong length? Need a different sear? Need to adjust the sear out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would love to try it out tomorrow (bought 2 cases of paint), but I don't think I'm going to have much luck.

Thanks in advance,
Charles

CMDane
06-30-2003, 10:37 PM
Bumping as I need an idea as to what is the fix.

Charles

JadedT
06-30-2003, 11:50 PM
Make sure the wings are off all the way. I tried to get an ELCD on my RTP rail/ mag and could not get it to work for the same reason. I shaved off the wings on top, but there was just enough on it still to not allow the marker to fire consistantly. Switched it to a AM/MM rail and it worked perfectly. You problem might be similar.

skipdogg
07-01-2003, 07:49 AM
sorry to hear it's not working properly. I put a Z grip on a RT Pro last year. I don't have any problems. So, unfortunatly I can't give you an answer to fix it. However I would say the sear and pins should all be fine. I did not have to adapt mine at all. Good luck -

CMDane
07-04-2003, 02:28 PM
I made sure that the wings were completely off and the grip to rail mating surface was completely flush. Put the Z on the rail, gassed it up and nothing. There is resistance to the trigger, but it's not cycling in the slightest. I don't want to take off any more material from the grip.

Should I adjust the trigger rod out? AM/MM sear? Longer on-off pin? I'm completely out of udeas here and not happy with the idea of sending to AGD for a fix, especially if it's something simple.

Charles