PDA

View Full Version : Dye Sticky 3 complaint

boggerman
06-28-2003, 01:16 AM
I have a set of Dye Sticky 3's on the stock swing frame on my '03 Cocker. They have been on there for less than one month and have only seen one game, yet they look like the are years old. There are cracks everywhere and they look stressed. Anyone else experiencing this with their Sticky 3's?

boggerman
06-28-2003, 01:25 AM

boggerman
06-28-2003, 01:26 AM

nippinout
06-28-2003, 01:28 AM
http://www.dyeprecision.com/sticky_order.html

Taken from DYE's site:

By design the Sticky 3 grip will become more tacky as you use it. A new Sticky 3 grip will have an oily shine that will dissipate upon use. After several uses, the texture will develop a worn look that will provide a tackier surface for better gripping.

This is DYE's way of saying that the Sticky 3 will get ugly over time.

Sucks, doesn't it?

boggerman
06-28-2003, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the info, yeah, it sucks. They are basicly new and they look like caca.

CpSuPeRkId
06-28-2003, 01:39 AM
actually dye knows they made a faulty batch. my brother tried putting some on his impy and the back panel just tore off. they are sooo incredibly <B>*POOF*</B>. anyways, my "dark" viking is arriving in like a couple days and its just a stock half milled aka viking w/ a razorblade trigger and dye sticky 3s. well about a week ago the store i ordered from said they dont have any sticky 3s in because dye recalled them and they are improving them to last longer and not rip in the back. well yesterday the store i ordered from said dye is sending them newer and improved dye sticky 3s and they will have them to put on my gun. so dye has already recognized the crappyness of the sticky 3s and have already started recalling them and making them better.

<B>*Warning: No Cussing*</B> -Miscue

68magOwner
06-28-2003, 02:20 AM
wow, that sucks, anyway, cpSuPeRkid, can you give a review of the new ones when you get your gun? thanks

RT pRo AuToMaG
06-28-2003, 02:28 AM
eww, those grips look like my grandma they are so wrinkley.

shartley
06-28-2003, 06:52 AM
I can not imagine that is a “designed” aspect of their grips. Their grips are designed to look “hi-tech” not “antique”.

I only have one suggestion for Dye…………. Recall. Then find out what the problem is with their rubber compounds.

Automaggin2
06-28-2003, 09:45 AM
Once again, DYE gets people with there low quality high priced merchandise

shartley
06-28-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Automaggin2
Once again, DYE gets people with there low quality high priced merchandise
Once again, someone makes a generalization that is not correct… ;)

Seriously, some of their stuff is well worth the price you pay for it as well as even more. My tank cover (Dye) is the best tank cover I have EVER seen, by ANY company, and worth more than what I paid for it.

I will however, state that it is up to each customer to determine for themselves if the products they purchase are worth the price they pay for them. I have yet to find a single company that I personally think every product they sell is worth what they charge for them… to ME personally. So I shop around, and get what I feel is best for me, my needs, my budget, and what I determine the worth is for me personally.

It is all about consumer needs, wants, and what they are both willing to pay, and able to pay for a product. If a company sells a product for 5 times what other companies sell a similar product for, but customers still BUY them, then the company is selling them at the right price for THEM. ;) The company is not overcharging since the marketplace is still justifying their prices.

Other than that, it is purely subjective………… Buy what you want, from whom you want. But just because a product may be priced higher than you think it should be (for various reasons) does not mean it IS priced too high. Just don’t buy it…. heck, I wouldn’t… and don’t. ;)

hAppy
06-28-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by RT pRo AuToMaG
eww, those grips look like my grandma they are so wrinkley.

HAHHAA lol i wont be getting those for sure

FeuerFri
06-28-2003, 11:16 AM
i used to have a set of those on my old cocker and they were the best grips i have used. mine started to look like that too and they felt better than when i bought the buggers. plus dye, as already mentioned, is doing a recall on them to fix the problems, i dont see why anyone has the right to say that cause a company messes up on one thing they are overpriced garbage. the dye equipment is some of the best stuff i have seen and used in most cases.