PDA

View Full Version : Mags don't do it for me anymore...

RT pRo AuToMaG
06-28-2003, 03:30 AM
Yeah, that's right. I've had an RT pro and a Micro Emag, and to say the least, I really wasn't satisfied with either. They are heavier then most guns at that price (don't tell me to just suck it up and deal with it, it is MUCH more convienent to hold and snapshoot with a 4lb gun then it is with a 5lb gun), not as efficient, and parts + tech support is a female dog to get (at least it is around Louisiana). I've tried to like AGD's prducts, but they just don't feel good to use. I sold my Micro Emag and I have a Trauma LCD Matrix on the way. I'm sorry to leave the mag family, but I've tried mags twice, and each time it just wasn't good. Another thing I find is that an emag is hard to get up to speed (well at least it is for me) I find most guns extremely easy to walk, but the trigger on the emag, there's just something about it that isn't good. I have my flame suit on, so flame away, I'm ready for it, but I can't have a product that doesn't feel good for me, not to mention a company filled with empty promises (what promises you ask? what about Warp ULE bodies, what about the Xmag should be available by this time, but look at the waiting list). Sorry, AGD, but you either need to get better buisness skills or do something.

Gadget
06-28-2003, 04:28 AM
Flames?

You're free to make your own choices about which marker you run, hope you enjoy the matrix.

breg
06-28-2003, 04:28 AM
It's cool man, if they don't do it for you, then get something that does!
Keep playing man!

Laters,
Breg

Frank (the spank)
06-28-2003, 05:16 AM
http://ktwu.wuacc.edu/journeys/releases/sj2001/images/1411.jpg

magking1971
06-28-2003, 09:41 AM
Who cares what kind of marker you like as long as your playing paintball:D :D

Tobe2be
06-28-2003, 11:07 AM
your an idiot you should have not done that you have no clue what your missing out on. you should be locked away in a cellar with your matrix so you wont be able to look at another feild again in your life.JUST KIDDING. in my personal opinion i like cockers due to the fact that you can get everything for them but i just love the way a mag shoots for me. anyways like these other guys were saying as long as you support and stay in the sport shoot what ever you please.

Goose

LittlePaintballBoy
06-28-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by magking1971
Who cares what kind of marker you like as long as your playing paintball:D :D

here here!

Ov3rmind
06-28-2003, 11:11 AM
Hey man, there's nothing wrong with that. Not everyone can like the same guns, God knows I couldn't stand using some of the more popular guns around on a regular basis.

_Spork_1
06-28-2003, 11:11 AM
it was a good move

CFD323
06-28-2003, 11:35 AM
Hey RT pRo AuToMaG, let me know how it shoots when you get it. I've been kind of interested in the Matrix too but not sure which one I'd lean towards. I've heard good things about the FF Matrix and also about the NY Extreme Matrix. How much did yours set you back ?

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
06-28-2003, 11:36 AM
Well you will be back but for now just change your name

fire1811
06-28-2003, 11:42 AM
well first of all its your choice what gun you have
so.......uhhhh yeah

if you think your efficency is bad on a mag you are definatly steping in the wrong direction with a matrix.
there nice guns though so you should like it.

my experiance with guns is that no matter what gun you have your going to get bored with it and want something different.

i wont comment on the agd empty promises since i have had nothing but GREAT things from them. about the warp ules though. would you be more happy if they just didnt tell you they where making them until they where ready to sell???
it makes agd look like they arent really working on it since they tell us here at AO right from the get go. patients young grasshopper :D

later bro
curt

_Spork_1
06-28-2003, 11:45 AM
the ff bolt apparently makes the matrix in the effiency range of the timmys and those kind, this is of course off of people in the pbnation matrix forum , i'll try to find a person with a ff bolt kit next week at my field.

Miscue
06-28-2003, 11:57 AM
I don't see what you're talking about with 'empty promises.'

The Warp ULE is a new development... it's not like they've been talking about them for a while. These things don't magically appear over night. They have to be developed, produced, and tested so that when they get in your hands they work great. AGD has made no promises on when it will be available, but has keyed us in on the body's progress.

XMags ARE available at THIS MOMENT through pbgear. You can buy one right now, so I don't see what you're complaining about. If you look around, you can almost always find an XMag that hasn't been sold yet... floating around somewhere. The XMag will ALWAYS be slow in production, AGD has said this. If you can't wait, get an EMag (which is mechanically equivalent) or another gun.

If you don't like the mag's efficiency... go buy yourself that Matrix.

As far as service goes... I again don't see your problem. It's one of the easiest user serviceable guns out there. AO is an entire website dedicated to the Mag... if you can't figure out your problems with your gun with the help of our members, then I don't know what to tell you... maybe the Mag isn't for you. AGD has phone tech support, and you can send your gun to them in case of difficult issues.

fire1811
06-28-2003, 12:01 PM
one more thing about the avilibility of the xmag.

i getting a bit upset about this one
everyone says I WANT AN XMAG NOW!
but there at pbgear.com, another store had 3(in another thread) and there is always atleast one in the marker forum.

now everyone complains they want one and brett has had one in the marker forum for a bit now. hell theres even an
sfl emag in there thats not selling.

just gettin a bit old hearing about aviliblity and when there availible no one buys it.

rant over

Brak
06-28-2003, 01:53 PM
whatever dude, just keep playing. i ditched my mag for a timmy, and i dont feel any remorse for "letting down" AGD. its just i couldnt affor LX, and i was chopping like a mother. and a timmy fixed my problems, and i got a great deal. i have no regrets of getting rid of a gun that didnt satisfy my needs. it probably "did it" for a lot of other people, just not for me.

WARPED1
06-28-2003, 02:26 PM
I grew to not like them as well, I had an Emag and a Micromag, both LX.
I traded them both for Shockers, now I am happy!
On Xmags, they're not readily available. You can't order one at any online store, or walk into any proshop and pick one up and play with it and buy it.
Then theres the Angel(or most other guns), you can't swing a dead cat without hitting one.

Dayspring
06-28-2003, 02:45 PM
You DID see that PBGear has had them the past 3 days right?

Originally posted by WARPED1
On Xmags, they're not readily available. You can't order one at any online store...

fire1811
06-28-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
You DID see that PBGear has had them the past 3 days right?

they still have a pewter and have had it for a week now

RT pRo AuToMaG
06-28-2003, 03:12 PM
Thanks for understanding guys, and Miscue, thanks for clearing up the warp ule's and everything. When I order my FF Trix, I'll be sure to post back and tell everyone how it works. Tomorrow I'm going to be leaving for a month so, have fun when I'm gone :( .

bunkermaster10
06-28-2003, 03:15 PM
Good choice with the matrix. I think thats probably one of the best markers on the market right now IMO. So I say good choice. I'm selling my nice mag now and I'm getting a nice 03'rat impulse. :D

BlackVCG
06-28-2003, 03:18 PM
No offense, but have you had a gun that actually wasn't a basket case to begin with?

You had problems with your RT-Pro, but you had an Automag Z-Grip on it, so it wasn't even mounting properly.

The Micro-E you had was a basket case to begin with and although it is somewhat an AGD product, you can't blame anything on AGD because PTP guns are screwed up once PTP gets their hands on them.

Whatever floats your boat, though. I'm just saying that you don't have much basis to say that AGD products don't work for you when you haven't had one that wasn't screwed up to begin with.

RT pRo AuToMaG
06-28-2003, 03:36 PM
hehe, very true BlackVCG. I guess I can't blame AGD, but it still makes me upset. Oh well, I already sold my emag so I guess I'll just have to get a FF Trix.

WARPED1
06-28-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
No offense, but have you had a gun that actually wasn't a basket case to begin with?

90% of the guns I've owned over 13 years never had probs. From Tippmans to Shockers. Only guns that gave me trouble are cockers(I'm certified on them), and Spyders. Apart from minor stuff like blown orings.
All 3 of the Shockers I've owned have given me no problems.
Mags never really gave me troubles, it was AGD's lack of marketing skills and long production times that turned me from AGD guns.
My Shocker is warpfed though!:p

gamarada717
06-28-2003, 08:09 PM
IMO, it just seems like there are empty promises because Tom actually tells us about them. You don't hear all that much in product development from other companies. Notice that I said not that much. Sure, a mag is not the best gun I've ever shot, but what I like about AGD is that I'm so in touch with them. Just my 2 cents. Goodluck though with the Matrix, I've never shot one but I've heard good things.

BlackVCG
06-28-2003, 08:23 PM
Have fun with the Matrix. I'm sure they've much improved the gun since the last time I shot a stock one. It felt like it "forward recoil", meaning it would pull forward instead of kick back after a shot. Wasn't too impressed, but that was a stock one from quite awhile ago.

I personally would like to start shooting an Angel for awhile. Speeds look tempting.

Catch22
06-28-2003, 09:02 PM
Just remember that AGD doesn't have the production power or the money of a company like Pepsi. If they did then you would see britny spears dancing with an E-mag saying: "AGD. for those who think young!"

askman
06-28-2003, 10:53 PM
after trying a lot of different high end markers, I have settled on mags. I guess I like well engineered mechanical markers. I have 4 mags now.(emag,zbodyxvalve mag, pump mag and sydarm) I've done too much shooting with 1911s in IPSC, and loves crisp 3lb trigger. Just what I am used to. Frankly, my cocker have the trigger that I like the best, but I am waiting for ULE trigger. I think well setup mag is good as any, and more affordable. (I bought all my markers used) Still, a person has to use what fits them, and all high end markers are really well engineered now.

Matrix was a decent marker. bit of gas hog and a lot of O rings to keep lubed. but well performing with no recoil.

Clockwork_Orange
06-29-2003, 02:06 PM
More power to you RT pRo AuToMaG, I hope you enjoy your new marker and continue to participate in the AO forums.:)

Personally, I love mags, because of there perfomance, feel and reliabilty. Mags and Autocockers are the best high end mech guns around, but if you compare the mag to a cocker performance wise an upgradability; the mag hasn't really changed much except for the retro/xvalve, Lvl X, zgrip, intelli, ule mods and emag. You have to give AGD credit, although they are a small company, they still manage to stay on top and pretty much ahead of there time. they have been around for so long and unlike manufacturers of Autocockers and high end electronic markers, they don't really need to come out with a new version of there product every year with tons of upgrades like boomsticks and internal and external customized work to keep up with the competition. My opinion... Mags can hold there own against any marker whether it is mechanical or electronic!;):)

nastymag
06-29-2003, 06:43 PM
i really wonder why people feel the need to tell us when they are leaving "AGD" ....

its like they want us to tell them not to...

WARPED1
06-29-2003, 07:55 PM
I only left thier markers, I just straped a big ole warp feed on my Shocker!

SpecialBlend2786
06-30-2003, 11:30 AM
Which shocker did you get? The new ones or the old shoebox ones? Both rock by the way. lol

WARPED1
07-01-2003, 12:46 PM
A 98 Glacier AT 4x4, and a '99 Stock board 4x4 Sport.

SpecialBlend2786
07-01-2003, 01:35 PM
ooooooooooooo nice:D

Crazy
07-01-2003, 01:41 PM
at least someone here opened their eyes.

JEDI
07-01-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Clockwork_Orange
the mag hasn't really changed much except for the retro/xvalve, Lvl X, zgrip, intelli, ule mods and emag.

Autocockers and high end electronic markers, they don't really need to come out with a new version of there product every year with tons of upgrades like boomsticks and internal and external customized work to keep up with the competition.

Ehhh... what? You say the mag hasn't changed, then you listed 5 changes. You say cockers need tons of upgrades, and you list a Boomstick as one of them? Cockers dont NEED internal and external upgrades to perform. People just choose to apply them to make them work even better. Stock vert cockers perform incredibly. :confused: :rolleyes: