PDA

View Full Version : 2x AGD frame with Blade trigger, update with pics

AGD
07-04-2001, 12:15 PM
Hi Guys,

I have been off the boards for a few days with internet problems here in WY. I'll be back on Sunday and things will be back to normal.

By your AO request here is a proto of a Blade Trigger on the 2x frame, let us know how you like it.

First 50 frames are proceeding to anodizing and will likely be black on the first run with Houge 45 grips. If your willing to pay more and get DYE stickies with the frame let us know now.

AGD

http://www.spectrashift.com/images/eric1.jpg

manike
07-04-2001, 12:23 PM
I like it. I do think indenting the knurled screw at the back would be nice though so it doesn't rub on the web of your hand. Not sure if it would be practical to machine though... maybe not in fact, looking at the part...

Trigger is pretty slick, I do like the finger place at the bottom of it, a real nice touch, I shoot my mag and RT's mainly with one finger at the bottom of a double trigger, but I think the movement from the blade to the finger place is a little abrupt, maybe using a larger rad to fillet it in would look nicer? I don't think a larger rad would make it any less of a finger place but just make a smoother transition. Maybe it just needs the larger rad on the back edge...

Blade triggers are definitely this years fashion http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

ATB

manike

hungryhippo19
07-04-2001, 12:25 PM
me like very much excellent job just one question about how much are you guys gonna sell these for. im dyin to know.

thecavemankevin
07-04-2001, 01:09 PM
pretty sweet http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif i think i would wait for one in chrome/nickle/polished though, and yes i would be willing to pay a little extra for Dye grips. Cause might as well pay now, rather then turn around and pay for them seperatly latter.

magc68
07-04-2001, 01:11 PM
definatly include the dyes just cause thats what most people like anyways so y have to go out and spend more later on to get them when u can just spend the extra now and get them with the grip.

also im in favor of the double trigger and not the blade trigger.

------------------
RT PRO (http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1648431&a=12618313&p=49167280)
RT PRO2 (http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1648431&a=12618313&p=49167279)

Team Website (http://recursionpb.homestead.com/index.html)

Miscue
07-04-2001, 01:15 PM
*Miscue drools*

Doh, keep the DYEs!

------------------
'Sacrifice the Body'
68 PF - HyperFrame - 68 Flatline - SS BigShot

Miscue's Profile (http://www.liquidmagma.com/automags/miscue.php)

irbodden
07-04-2001, 01:19 PM
add a few extra bucks for the dyes..

-rick

FeelTheRT
07-04-2001, 01:24 PM
DYE stickies... what happened to the AGD sticky grips? aren't you making them for .45 frames?

squall
07-04-2001, 01:48 PM
They look great! Keep the Hogues if they are wrap around, otherwise go with the stickies!

Army
07-04-2001, 01:51 PM
I say not to worry about the take-down screw being recessed as you will not grip-up the gun anyway. With a real firearm, yes that would chew the web of your hand, but markers are not held that way. Often it's just your thumb and little finger around the grip as you fire with the middle finger.

Besides, right now it will be easy to hand tighten without a wrench.

I'm still staying with my Z though http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
"Give an army of West Point grads and I win a battle, give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war."

Dubstar112
07-04-2001, 01:52 PM
Im definateley willing to pay a little more for some sticky grips... and do you guys plan to make splash frames, i really want one to go with my splash mag(reacing green splash by s/p)

Nice job AGD...

Dubstar112
07-04-2001, 01:53 PM
i forgot to add the blade trigger is nice

mykroft
07-04-2001, 01:58 PM
Sell them with the Stickies, I don't care what the price diff is as long as it isn't bigger than the price of the stickies, also the blade rocks, I hope you will go forward with the blade, or maybe the option of both. I definitely want one with the blade, and will be looking at picking one up at Zap IAO.

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mag:
CF11023
Classic Feed
16" CP .689
14" JnJ Stainless
Ring trigger
WGP Reg.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

Accuracy By Volume is not the answer

banzaimf
07-04-2001, 02:27 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AGD:
[B
.....First 50 frames are proceeding to anodizing and will likely be black on the first run with Houge 45 grips. If your willing to pay more and get DYE stickies with the frame let us know now....
[/B]</font>

I would prefer having the thinnest possible grips. This would make it easier for those of us with smaller hands.

banzaimf

------------------
minimag #1321

Cha0tic
07-04-2001, 02:39 PM
i would pay a few extra bucks for stickies. great work AGD. when will the first 50 be shipped out? can we buy them direct from you? sorry i'm just a little anxious.

jon-boy
07-04-2001, 02:40 PM
Very anxious to pick one up. I like Dye stickies, but I also like the stock grip on my minimag.
One question, on everyone's mind...
price, please!
price, please!
price, please!
price, please!
price, please!

p.s. I think I liked the double trigger rather than the blade, but haven't shot a blade trigger. Therefore, it's an uneducated opinion.

Z mag
07-04-2001, 02:55 PM
I love the look of the new grip!! Four questions though, how much, when are they going to be out, where can I get one, and will they be available in any other color than black.

cphilip
07-04-2001, 02:59 PM
I'm really getting irritated with you guys at AGD. Have you not gotten enough of my money yet? Do you have to keep putting out something I really really want? Is it too much for me to ask for you to stop this craziness!!!????? ArrrrrrggggggggHHHHH!!!!!

...Honey? we don't really need groceries now do we? I can stand to lose a few pounds...

http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
Quote: Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy
Author: Benjamin Franklin

[This message has been edited by cphilip (edited 07-04-2001).]

rictus
07-04-2001, 03:03 PM
I would like to make one request. I don't know if this will even be a problem but on my benchmark grip there is a ton of slop after the gun fires. I've been trying to make an ajustible trigger stop for it. A guy at work drilled the hole too close to my safty and it seriouly hampered my ajustment ability. Sorry so long, but an ajustable trigger stop of some sort would be cool. Of course maybe it won't have near the slop of my benchy.

Hey manike, I shoot my gun the same way.

[This message has been edited by rictus (edited 07-04-2001).]

-§on-
07-04-2001, 03:35 PM
Very Nice work. When are they going to be out on the market?

Magsrule3
07-04-2001, 03:52 PM
Can I get one in plain black?

------------------
-68 Classic Automag
-SP Proggresive barrel
-Lapco drop forward
-PMI gas through
-12 volt revolution
-Crossfire 68CI 3K Stubby
-Microline fittings

Magsrule3
07-04-2001, 03:52 PM
Oh sorry, or annodized green?

------------------
-68 Classic Automag
-SP Proggresive barrel
-Lapco drop forward
-PMI gas through
-12 volt revolution
-Crossfire 68CI 3K Stubby
-Microline fittings

Blue 88
07-04-2001, 07:11 PM
hoges are comfey but I dont know if I'd go for black on black, clear stickys have the same feel and look good.

FeelTheRT
07-04-2001, 07:17 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jon-boy:
Very anxious to pick one up. I like Dye stickies, but I also like the stock grip on my minimag.
One question, on everyone's mind...
price, please!
price, please!
price, please!
price, please!
price, please!

p.s. I think I liked the double trigger rather than the blade, but haven't shot a blade trigger. Therefore, it's an uneducated opinion.</font>

i belive the price for the frames once they come out is around 80 bux..? correct me if i'm wrong but that's what i herd.

mikey101
07-04-2001, 07:31 PM
i think that the other trigger is better, but i dont know. i'd also spend more money on the dye grips.

kickass68mag
07-04-2001, 08:32 PM
i called agd and they said teh retail is goin to be $89.99, but don't qoute me on that

------------------
Don't run if you can't hide

~Backdraft~
07-04-2001, 08:56 PM
Very nice. I would definately pay the extra money for DYE stickies. I'm not sure if i like the double trigger or the blade trigger better...what is the advantage of the blade trigger? I just don't get it.

magman007
07-04-2001, 09:12 PM
Excuse me mister Tom Kaye sir but i really like the frame in chrome plus for a regular mag fanatic like me i dont have 89.99 to spend! i am trying to buy other things and 89.99 is pretty steep. could you please work on that for me mr. Tom Kaye sir we all admire your intelligence and inginuity and we all love your gun and the many many products agd makes but we all cant afford 89.99 please mister perdy please could you lower the price just an itty bit? and make them in chrome????????

------------------
automag:(verb)1to eliminate from a paintball game, 2to be better than a spray and prey player with a cocker or angel, 3to kick some major @$$

[This message has been edited by magman007 (edited 07-04-2001).]

sawtan
07-05-2001, 01:21 AM
the blade tigger is sweet no little bump in the middle poking your finger(definetly keep the blade trigger).

if i orderd one i would want it in nickel like the one in the post and i dont mind paying 90$ for the agd frame since i know it will be good

p.s. will the nickel version cost more than the black ano

(THE BLADE TRIGGER IS THE BEST IDEA EVER!!!!)

[This message has been edited by sawtan (edited 07-05-2001).]

PyRo
07-05-2001, 05:32 AM
Looks great. amd 89.95 or whatever sounds like a fair price to me. People are willing to pay that for a dye frame, without grips, a trigger, and safty.

My one questions is about that trigger. Will that be standard on all of those frames. I will not be buying one in the near future due to the fact i already own a z-grip. I would like to try one of those blad triggers though, if they will be sold seperatly, or if another company makes them.

luke
07-05-2001, 06:08 AM
DYE stickies!!

Dragoon
07-05-2001, 06:18 AM
Dye stickies for sure.
I've never used a blade trigger, but I'll give it a try (and stay in fashion at the same time!).
Would the double trigger be an option?
$89 with stickies sounds ok.
My big worry is getting one off the first run. I've been checking the board constantly for info on this and the ULE. Is there any way to somehow give first dibs to board users? I know AGD does not sell direct, but I'm going to hate to see someone else with one while I'm waiting for my local store to get in back orders.

ReTroMagBoy
07-05-2001, 10:15 AM
Nice job cutting the regular 2X trigger down to blade style...looks NICE!!
$90 MSRP is NOT that bad at all...if you add up all the costs of a dye 45 frame after grips, trigger, etc. its around that price. But this one is better, is made by AGD, and will be ready out of the box i presume.

Good Work AGD, but the only suggestion I have is to ditch the indents in the back...

Chris
07-05-2001, 10:26 AM
My thoughts:

Keep the blade trigger
Keep the indents
Use the stickies
Keep the price under $100.

Will this frame be an option or standard on new mags any time soon?

-Chris

Lord Vader
07-05-2001, 01:23 PM
I personally prefer the non-blade trigger, but I am sure it wouldn't be too hard to interchange. I wouldn't mind paying extra for the stickies, but if the Hogues are the wraparound variety (not the kind that are in the pic at the top of thid thread), I wouldn't mind those either.

------------------
&lt;&lt;&lt;Dark Jedi Mag&gt;&gt;&gt;
Black Teflon E-mag body
Retro Valve
Black 9V Revvy
LAPCO 12" Autospirit
KAPP black foregrip
PMI rubber grips
Sretch-Z Drop Forward
68/3000 Flatline

"I am your father."
--Darth Vader

Cha0tic
07-05-2001, 01:54 PM
i have been pricing dyre frames with triggers and stickies and the best price for a dye 2x frame (black), dye double trigger frame, and black stickies was 89.50 from g3.

Richy_C
07-05-2001, 02:23 PM
Will i be able to pick up a pair at the IAO?

jojomoca
07-05-2001, 03:16 PM
good job AGD, looks kewl, i suggest that you do not invlude grips of any kind with the frame, most people have different taste in grips, me id get blue stickies, others would get black/clear, others will go for the smart parts wood ones...i think that not including grips will save the consumer money in the long run, because if they dont wanna use the "stock" grips they they wouldnt have wasted money on them being forced to buy them with the grip. also, i think you should make the guard less boxy looking throw in some curves like on the dye one, and then it will RULE. thanks MAGS RULE

randomboy
07-05-2001, 03:40 PM
My thoughts:
Keep the regular 2x trigger
Use Dye stickies
Make these available for order factory direct, I dont have anywhere around me at all where I could buy these in stores.
Will any of the first few runs be direct fits for the RT's??

It'd be nice if you could answer everyones questions instead of just leaving us here in suspense, your killin us here! http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

st6212
07-06-2001, 05:06 AM
That looks real sweet!

Tom,

A while back you asked us what we all wanted in the new frame.

(Not sure where the post is, anyone know the link to it? May have been lost in the crash.)

How much of the people's ideas have been put forward and implemented into this frame?

JesusFreak
07-06-2001, 10:29 AM
Hey, don't take this the wrong way b/c I love benchmark products...but did benchmark make this too (they made the z-grip if I'm correct)

netjunk1e
07-06-2001, 12:48 PM
JesusFreak- Last time i checked, my z-grip is an AGD product, not a benchmark product.

Robbie

cphilip
07-06-2001, 12:53 PM
I don't know for sure which one it was they made but they did indeed make a grip for AGD.

Phil (Very Old Newbie)

MAGBOY
07-06-2001, 01:07 PM
Another Great Product by the best Company in the world http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif Nice job AGD i hope to get one when they come out I liike the blade but you should make it an option. just my Opinion http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

a_malfunction
07-06-2001, 10:54 PM
me like! me want one!

------------------
When in doubt, duck. When certain, don't bother, you're already screwed.

Toolin
07-06-2001, 11:02 PM
It would be cool if...

-It fits my RT Pro
-It Comes in black, and crome
-It has adjustable trigger stops
-It has blade trigger

FlipFlops
07-06-2001, 11:09 PM
Why trigger stops? AGD will manufacture it so you don't even have to adjust your trigger rod. They will also make it so it has the smallest pull possible to make mags function correctly.

Drizit
07-07-2001, 10:34 PM
I'd say go with the dye stickies unless it's going to be the same price as going out and getting stickies then ship it with no grips as some ppl won't want them.
one question are you going to ano anything that will match an olive drab mag? otherwise it's black for me. and whatever you do don't go with clear grips. stay with black or make it a choice but I don't think that is feasible, so just go with black.

------------------
MicroMag Phase 1
S/N GFX001489
Custom ring trigger
MaxFlow 68/3000

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Army
07-07-2001, 11:02 PM
Benchmark indeed made the Z-grip to AGD specs, which is also why a Benchmark frame is better than all others if you want to upgrade.

------------------
"If you can't get them to salute when they should salute and wear the clothes you tell them to wear, how are you going to get them to die for their country?" LTG Patton, outside Medina, Italy 1944

Kane
07-08-2001, 01:20 PM
Looks nice, i'll definitly be buying one. Keep the Dye stickies, will chrome color be available? Would look nice on my black automag.

Kane

AGD
07-08-2001, 10:41 PM
Guys,

This trigger frame is not made by Benchmark we have it made locally by the same people that make the Emag frame. Yes Benchmark did make the Z-Grip frames to our specs.

AGD

Ityl
07-09-2001, 01:45 PM
if something retails for 90, it usually sells for less.

klb311
07-09-2001, 03:35 PM
looks great, i think the dyes should come with them definitely.

Bigzamboni
07-09-2001, 07:03 PM
I would like to see it available in a standard double trigger. Another idea, although it would cost more would be to include multiple triggers. Standard double, blade, ring, double ring. Or maybe you could make different triggers that you could sell separately. Personally, I would like to see a ring trigger for a mag. The double ring, I have never seen or heard of, but might be pretty cool.

BTW... I would go with no grips or stickies. And are you keeping the indents?

[This message has been edited by Bigzamboni (edited 07-09-2001).]

OldSchoolMag
07-09-2001, 11:37 PM
Yeah, looks great AGD http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif Also, will this A) be transferable from my 68mag to my RTPro (when I upgrade), B)be prepaired for me, so I can rock out of the box, and C)Come stock with DYE Stickies for $89.99? Great work guys, keep 'em coming!

Chaos
07-10-2001, 09:47 PM
Tom - The frame is looking great, thats the same style blade trigger I custom made for one of my mags, I love it. I'd deffinetely pay extra for the blade trigger, and for chrome, but not for dye stickies. I already have 3 pair, I dont need another. I think other people would rather pick to upgrade on their own, let alone it would be too much to try to have retail stores carry 4 different frames for you also (black and/or chrome with black/clear stickies). In my experience at working at a retail store, they dont carry everything available due to prices, sales, and inventory. I'd stay stick with black and chrome, and blade or normal trigger, maybe make the blade trigger an an add-on that people can buy seperately for like $20 or something.

Anyways, I know I'll be buying a chrome blade frame when they hit the market http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
~ChAoScLoWnZ
chaosclownz@magcentral.org
&lt;h1&gt;MAG CENTRAL (http://www.magcentral.org)&lt;/h1&gt;

Chris
07-11-2001, 07:14 AM
How about you sell the black frames with black stickies, and the chrome/polished ones with the clear stickies. Those are what people usually want. Also the blade trigger is just plain awesome...but please make one in the shape of the mudflap girl http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

-Chris

Milkmag
07-12-2001, 09:30 PM
could i get it with a normal 2x trigger

Allen
07-16-2001, 12:05 AM
Ahhh! all this while I was away! Tom! Why did you not come to Isle Royale and inform me! Looks great, I espceially like the chrome (I have already included it in my purchase plans) Chrome, and the blade trigger looks sweet. I plan on getting stickies, so having them included would be nice, but not necessary. Bravo again! My dreams of the AGD DT while sleeping in a tent have come to fruition!

------------------
"Don't spend so much on parts that you can't afford to play."

MAGgot Man
07-16-2001, 02:38 AM
I think im just gonna HAVE to go out and get me one of THOSE

LawFox32
07-16-2001, 08:16 PM
Tom definitely cut a deal w/ Dye and put some stickies, I will buy it, if I have the cash.

Also if you need some body to field test one of these badboyz, you can gimme an e-mail, I would even write a paper or report or review on it. Just Wishful thinking
oh by the way my e-mail is LKH4765@aol.com
just in case

Thanx

P.S. I cannot wait

salomon16
07-16-2001, 11:52 PM
I like the frame a lot but the trigger.... I'm not the biggest fan of blade triggers. Wouldnt your fingers slide up and down the trigger?? i liked the original trigger you had when you first showed it. Oh well im gonna buy one anyway cuz theyre made by AGD and i can expect quality. Are you going to make an inset for the strip screw like on stock trigger frames? I could see it sticking out and tearing at my thumb. Those are the only two things i can think of to make it perfect for me, besides it being free.... Great job looks good.

paintballisking
07-19-2001, 04:23 PM
looks great i'll get one. northern illinois paintball is king!!!!!!

Dynamo55b
07-22-2001, 06:36 AM
I like the frame but leave the genaric grips on. More cost effective and those who prefer other grips won't have to pay more for grips they don't like. I'de rather get a Benchmark so I could choose what ever style I wanted.

Dubstar112
07-22-2001, 07:24 AM
dynamo.. whats ur name cuz im in watertown too.. you go to liesure time at all?

put the dyes on cuz many ppl want them and it should be an option

[This message has been edited by Dubstar112 (edited 07-22-2001).]

Talon
07-24-2001, 12:26 AM
I would very much prefer Hogue Wraparounds, not just .45 grips, have to be wraparounds, otherwise charge me the extra few dollars to ship the frame with Dye Stickies.

------------------
Talon
Paintball Retreat
http://paintball.3dretreat.com

gmag
07-24-2001, 12:37 AM
Definately a phat frame. Two things though...price, and chrome?

bman1967
07-28-2001, 07:29 PM
Hey Tom...
Ummmm, while My (RT00803) is in your shop waiting on a new rail. You know, if you wanted to just replace my 45 grip with one of these new styles, I'd be glad to test it for you.

No???

lol

When will these be available?
Gotta have one, and soon.

Bman

RT 00803

Galfridus
07-31-2001, 11:33 PM
When are they going to be available in black ????????????????

aNtHrAx323
08-02-2001, 08:15 AM
It would be AWESOME if it was not anodized (chrome/aluminum I guess), and was included with black DYE sticky grips... I'm about to buy a DYE chrome frame, but if this is cheaper, I'll buy it (it'll complement my new powerfeed mag and retro valve http://www.automags.org/ubb/biggrin.gif ).

------------------
-Campbell "aNtHrAx323" Krueger
http://www.h2overclocking.com
http://www.h2oc.net

JohnnyLaw353
08-06-2001, 02:05 PM
The blade trigger is awesome! Keep the stickies I'll definitely be getting one.
that is if i ever get enough money.

Avenging_ronin
08-10-2001, 10:30 PM
so what's the release date? I need to get one? Black with chrome trigger right? and Black dye stickies?

Blake_sw
09-06-2001, 01:37 PM
Can I buy them WITHOUT Stickies?? I already have some so it'd be a waste. How much are they going to retail when they come out?

ben_JD
09-06-2001, 01:55 PM
But since the packaging hasn't even been decided, I am a little concerned that it may be quite a while before we see the Intelliframe in the marketplace.

Hope springs eternal.