PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about HPA?

IceCool32
06-28-2003, 09:45 PM
I've recently purchased a 2003 Black Dragun LCD and wondered wheter or not I should use Nitro or not. I mean...I know it's cleaner and more consistent, but is it neccesary? I'd like to know, as to not ruin this marker, plus the closest HPA fill is an hour away.

DWill
06-28-2003, 09:48 PM
My brother shot Co2 on it just fine. Stick with the Co2 if HPA is that hard to get. The consistanty isn't drastically(sp) different.

DYE-BaLLeR
06-28-2003, 09:48 PM
if u think about sticking with paintball for a while and upgrading to better guns id shell out now and get a good hpa tank and hopper, black dragun with a halo and good hpa isnt gunna be a top quality marker, but itll shoot fast and kinda straight. after ur done with it u can just use the hpa and halo on ur new gun to

FalconGuy016
06-28-2003, 09:50 PM
Its not worth it, that gun is meant to run on c02.
You can buy a tank later if you need it for another gun, dont buy one now for a gun later if you cant get fills as easy as c02.

silentdeath55
06-28-2003, 10:05 PM
HPA is a really good upgrade, but like FalconGuy016 said, that gun is meant to run CO2. If I were you, I would wait until you get a better gun until you get HPA.

IceCool32
06-28-2003, 10:47 PM
Thanks guys.

BTW, I had an Impulse for about a year before this...I played a few tourny's...my team split, my gun didn't get enough use, I just sold it a week ago, and now I want back in. It surprise's me this came so soon that I want back in already, lol. Ahh well. Still got all my stuff other than my Impy :-(. Pads, 12v Revy, misc. items.

IceCool32
06-28-2003, 10:50 PM
Also, I just cancelled my order on the Black Dragun. I would like to either A.) redecide before I spend the money....or B.) save more for an 03 Vert. feed cocker with Drop... :-/ I dunno what I want to do.

So you know why this deceision is important is because I plan on getting back in the tourny scene...and I'm a 17 y/o High school senior saving money from a part-time job at a grocery store...by part time I mean 40 hours a week. Ahh well, I've just started saving $100...next week should be $300...so, Black Dragun or 03 Vert Feed Cocker????

Catch22
06-29-2003, 02:08 AM
I'd say cocker over the dragun. But why not get a mag?

breg
06-29-2003, 02:53 AM
Definately the cocker. Since this is a Mag Owners forum, I'd say get a Mag, but I'd rather see you get what ever makes you happy. But, if you want to get back into the Tourny Scene, I'd say get something a little better than a Dragun. Those are nice, but in the end they are just another Spyder Clone.

Frank (the spank)
06-29-2003, 03:14 AM
Get a Bushmaster. Cheap and good.

PRPB
06-29-2003, 09:16 AM
Don't even bother with the Dragun. I have a 2003 LCD full function and it has giving me nothing but hell since day one (It’s not even a month old had has been sent out 2 times for repairs). I have been trying to return the damn thing, but no one wants to step up to the plate and handle the matter. So it looks like I'll have to be taking some legal actions.

Save your money get something better!!

GT
06-29-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by IceCool32
Black Dragun or 03 Vert Feed Cocker????

I like cockers, but latlely I like shockers a whole bunch more. Let me tell you a little story.

Bud of mine and I were out playing at our local field. I had just sold my 03 lcd LE angel. So I was using his mag and he was using his cocker. THe mag has a max flow, old school and dam heavy, he has a nice outkast with a conquest on it. In anycase about half way through the day the one fill station they had just stopped working. So guess what no n2 and that left us with half a day w/o playing. So from then on I promised myself to have a co2 shooting monster in my gearbag incase this happens again.

SO I bought the shocker you see in my sig. Last weekend on a 20oz anti-siphon co2 it shot 277/277/270/270/275 across the chrono. thats an average of about 274 +/-3-4. that aint bad!

http://forums.shockerowners.com/
http://www.actionvillage.com/paintball-guns-smart-parts-paintball-guns-shocker-paintball-guns.html

GrassNinja
06-30-2003, 08:48 PM
hey, since HPA fill is an hour away, it would be worth your time and gas to just buy a scuba tank and a fill station and fill your own HPA's. Then you only make the drive every now and then. Plus the HPA fill is free for your little tanks, and usually very cheap for the scuba. I pay $1 when I have to pay. That is much better than $6 all day CO2 from my crappy field. Adds up quick when there's 2 of you, my wife an dI both play. Just some advice, take it or leave it. C-ya

GrassNinja