dansim
06-29-2003, 07:41 AM
okay im currently gunless and plan on picking up a new gun its either a
Speed
Impact 1r3
xmag
Trauma matrix
maybe a timmy... the new timmy's look kinda nice but all teh same really

Anyway heres teh problem, i know i can get great deals online, even used, but i feel an obligation to my local store owner to buy there even though it may cost more than online, he's my friend and i even bought my car from him, if i do buy a gun from him this will be my 6th angel i bought from him i probally get a speed for 850-900 wich is a good price but then i gotta get a tank and drop and whatnot, a new barrel kit, all the fun stuff ya know so there i would be spending proball 1500 where i could find all of it used for 1000 online... should i just buy the gun and find a tank and stuff online? or go completely online, hes an angel tech so i most likely going to get an angel while if i shop online i might go another way..what should i do?:confused:

FalconGuy016
06-29-2003, 08:12 AM
I think you should buy the angel from him, but the parts online. Doesnt that give you free service on the gun?

dansim
06-29-2003, 09:28 AM
well ive known him for a while and havent payed for a repair yt, just the parts if it needs it, never a new board though he just has me change it myself

breg
06-29-2003, 09:45 AM
Well, how loyal do you feel towards your friend? Sorry, bad comment... I just got done watching the Count of Monte Christo.
If I was in you position, I'd do what FalconGuy said, buy the gun from him, and the parts online. That way, you help his business and still get some of the things cheaper.

GT
06-29-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by dansim
if i do buy a gun from him this will be my 6th angel i bought from him i probally get a speed for 850-900 wich is a good price

that price sux considering you have bought 6 from him in the past. he should hook you up as close to dealer invoice as possible.

Curly
06-29-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by gtrsi

that price sux considering you have bought 6 from him in the past. he should hook you up as close to dealer invoice as possible.

850 is very close to dealer cost on angel speeds.

superdesk2007
06-29-2003, 10:39 AM
I agree with whoever saud buy the gun from the dealer.

GT
06-29-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Curly

850 is very close to dealer cost on angel speeds.

no kidding,
when I was going through one of these ebay scams fiscos IR3's were banging right around 750 for dealer invoce.

I just cant see spending that kind of money at a shop, over 6k, and not getting some kind of special deal.

jb

TheJester
06-29-2003, 09:21 PM
i usually get small stuff at my local shop, get the big stuff online. but i feel your pain, i felt sooo bad for getting a halo online when i could have gotten it for the same price at my local shop. i acutally delayed my order for 3 days debating where i wanted to get it. but because it was part of a larger order i got it online, and when i showed him i was all sheepish telling him not to beat me just cause i didn't get it from him. but i still go with that, smaller things at the shop, bigger things online. but i get paint and air from him on a weekly basis. i realize this little story doesn't help much, but you always gotta go w/ the lowest price

lord1234
06-29-2003, 09:45 PM
aaah my son
teryaki beef you are strong in the way of the moo goo gai pan. The dimsum runs strong in this one...

In any case...i agree..buy gun at CCPB, then other stuff on AO

Automaggin2
06-29-2003, 10:22 PM
I buy all my stuff locally, even if i pay alot more, cause this guy really helps me out in the long run. the owner of the local store has jsut givin me a sponsorship, is hookin my team up with really cheap paint and jerseys, and we might even be the Jr. team of his store. Since i was his first customer when he opened, he has been hookin me up, like redz packs with a belt for 45 dollers, warped sportz drop for 35. freak kit for 170. Not bad

Angry Man
07-07-2003, 11:25 PM
What store? I live in MA so just curious....also, 850 isn't that bad for a speed considering the prices I've seen online, both used and new.

Archangel Kid
07-08-2003, 12:36 AM
Welp i would like to point out... help your local store as much as possible... ya its a couple of extra bux... but its worth it when there's a prob and he'll fix it for nothin or next to nothin when it needs parts... I used to have a store... well my dad, my bro, and I used to have a store... but everyone was going on the internet and buying stuff and we were just starting out and were dumb and not charging to fix stuff... welp now were outa business... so please help out your local store as much as possible... and 850-900 is what ur getting online if ur lucky...:rolleyes: so that is a BIG deal for the local dealer may not seem so to u but trust me it is.

dansim
07-08-2003, 06:08 AM
actually im going online, speeds are going up to 1030, and ill just buy one used, he'll still fix it for free if he doesnt im driving teh car i bought off of him through the store:p

wyn1370
07-08-2003, 06:18 AM
from what I know about actual shops, most (use the term loosely) don't make all that much on the selling actual markers. They make most of their money on everything else. I'd say get the marker online and everything else you need from your shop.

Archangel Kid
07-08-2003, 06:56 AM
Ya.. you know where the most profit is... is in O-rings and CO2 fills :p

dansim
07-08-2003, 07:14 AM
well i did buy a 90$ vforce morph from there when on line they are 62....

Archangel Kid
07-08-2003, 07:41 AM
Well if u look at 888 and paintballgear.com. They're basically a stores cost price... the websites can just buy in so much quantity that the prices for thm are lower and they get all the "PREFERED DEALER" prices... while the new guy starting out has to charge a lot more for a product because he doesn't get those "PREFERED DEALER" prices...

Kevmaster
07-08-2003, 08:39 AM
as manager of a paintball field for over a year, I'll make a few statements.

1) PBGear.com is a fantastic business idea. they order in such quantities, they can sell below my cost! If i Pay $50 for an item, and want to sell it for $75 in the store, they can buy it for $40 and sell it for $49.95 and kill me

2) 888Paintball.com is owned by National Paintball..they get everything at wholesaler cost, which is below "prefered dealer" cost....you can tell how much money they're making

3) your local store doesnt make much money on anything, and when they do make money its on either air (you'd be amazed how cheap co2 bulk refills are)or paint (I could make $30 if i sold the whole case or over $120 on a case of paint if I sold it by the 100rnds). Not what they have in the store. And if he's making $100 on your marker, and will fix it for free (minus parts)....If he spends 4 hours on the thing, he breaks even...if he spends 5 hours on it, he LOSES money. When you're buying a $850 gun, paying a 10% fee for him to get it for you is not out of the question. In real estsate, normal fees are 6% to get a house...thats a whole whale of a lot of money.

all in all...support your local store. I know I always will.

NOTE: The prices I mentioned for the speed: I am not a dealer anymore and do not have access to wholesale prices. Those are made up numbers somewhere around where they should be.